Rates for non-profits or corporate travel?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another way to view this is from guest point of view.
Lets say one of your returning guest hears you have given some new guy a discount. I have been with Verizon since the beginning of time and they offer discounts to new customers, what the heck. How about your loyal customers, not offering us anything?? That pisses me off!
If anyone deserves discounting its the loyal guest that have been keeping us open all these years.

Nope. We only have 4 rooms. All are with ensuite jacuzzi baths except one that's rented out as an "add on" for families. No hotel offers what we do so affordably(125-189 per night) and I don't want that kind of client anyway. They are the ones who always ask for extra, and even though you provide it decline to leave a review..
You don't want a review from them anyway... they will give you a 1 on value. :)

Lets say one of your returning guest hears you have given some new guy a discount. I have been with Verizon since the beginning of time and they offer discounts to new customers, what the heck. How about your loyal customers, not offering us anything?? That pisses me off!
If anyone deserves discounting its the loyal guest that have been keeping us open all these years..
If guests want to discuss how much they paid, that's their lookout. All of our rooms are different, so prices are all over the place. And, yes, if it's Friday night and I want to put my feet up and someone is willing to book for $10 off/night for the weekend, I'm taking them. That $350 is better than nothing.
That said, no one is getting $100 off, and our repeats are treated very well with perks that just show up unexpectedly. $15 off/night, gifts, free cancellation. In the case of the repeats last week - holding their room for 3 nights and only charging them for 1 when their car needed emergency repairs and they were stuck 5 hours from here.

Nope. We only have 4 rooms. All are with ensuite jacuzzi baths except one that's rented out as an "add on" for families. No hotel offers what we do so affordably(125-189 per night) and I don't want that kind of client anyway. They are the ones who always ask for extra, and even though you provide it decline to leave a review..
You don't want a review from them anyway... they will give you a 1 on value. :)
You're Right! Generally I have found the more open and happy the client, the more we enjoy hosting them and the more they enjoy their stay.

If anyone deserves discounting its the loyal guest that have been keeping us open all these years..
Large companies seem to have it backwards, offering the world to new customers while dumping on the loyal customers, one day someone high up will see that just creates churn between companies.

Back