Silly Season

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Running around doing the room cleans this morning and one room is completely empty- no clothes, no bags, nothing in the bathroom. They paid yesterday for 2 nights and didn't leave the key when they left today. We're hoping they are coming back.
Have you ever had stay over guests completely remove all of their things during the day?.
Never.
Samster said:
Here either. Popped my head into the room today after they had checked out to get the beds stripped to help the housekeeper. These very neat and tidy people left a $25 tip.
MooseTrax said:
Samster said:
Here either. Popped my head into the room today after they had checked out to get the beds stripped to help the housekeeper. These very neat and tidy people left a $25 tip.
I hope you were the housekeeper today for the tip. :)
After standing inside two showers and scrubbing my flippin' guts out today...a tip would be nice.

Laundry day today. Not for us, for the guests. Went to clean a room and their wet laundry was hung, not only by the chimney with care, but on the sprinkler system pipes, the headboard, the chairs, out in the hallway and over the mirror. Why they did not avail themselves of the dryers at the laundromt will forever remain a mystery.
We need a vacation.

Laundry day today. Not for us, for the guests. Went to clean a room and their wet laundry was hung, not only by the chimney with care, but on the sprinkler system pipes, the headboard, the chairs, out in the hallway and over the mirror. Why they did not avail themselves of the dryers at the laundromt will forever remain a mystery.
We need a vacation..
How wonderful for all your woodwork and wood items like headboard, chairs.......

We need a vacation..
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
That is one of my pet peeves. People don't give a damn about things that are not theirs. I feel bad for your furniture.

We need a vacation..
How wonderful for all your woodwork and wood items like headboard, chairs.......
Oh YES! It irritates me when I walk into a room and find damp towels hung over my wooden bedposts! What does THEIR house look like?
C

We need a vacation..
gillumhouse said:
Luckily the headboards are metal so if there is any worry it's rust on their clothing. The stair railing was what concerned us the most. We moved the clothing and put plastic bags underneath and then piled it all back up again.

We need a vacation..
gillumhouse said:
Luckily the headboards are metal so if there is any worry it's rust on their clothing. The stair railing was what concerned us the most. We moved the clothing and put plastic bags underneath and then piled it all back up again.
I would have removed it all and dried it and returned it with a note to the affect that since they didn't avail themselves of our suggestion to use the very affordable laundry nearby, I dried it for them in order to avoid charging them for damages to the furniture and railing. People are such chuckleheads!
You get some prize guests!

We need a vacation..
gillumhouse said:
I would have removed it all and dried it and returned it with a note to the affect that since they didn't avail themselves of our suggestion to use the very affordable laundry nearby, I dried it for them in order to avoid charging them for damages to the furniture and railing. People are such chuckleheads!
I would rather worry about the furniture in this case than shrinking some article of clothing. And there was a lot of clothing. A week's worth it looked to be. With the washer & dryer going 10 hours/day as it is, I couldn't have fit in in if I had wanted and that's what I told them when they asked if I had a laundry service. Sometimes I just have to laugh because they mean well, they just don't think. The kid jumps up from his seat and runs to open the door whenever he sees me coming. But I am marking off 2 upcoming days for a break.

We need a vacation..
gillumhouse said:
I would rather worry about the furniture in this case than shrinking some article of clothing. And there was a lot of clothing. A week's worth it looked to be. With the washer & dryer going 10 hours/day as it is, I couldn't have fit in in if I had wanted and that's what I told them when they asked if I had a laundry service. Sometimes I just have to laugh because they mean well, they just don't think. The kid jumps up from his seat and runs to open the door whenever he sees me coming. But I am marking off 2 upcoming days for a break.
My furniture and all are probably worth more than their clothes unless they have super expensive designer labels. They're morons. I think at the very least I would have removed their things to a laundry basket with a note or map with the location of the laundromat, again. imvvho...By doing what you did, you condoned their bad behavior. We all have to do what we think is right though.

We need a vacation..
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
I'm looking for a retractable clothesline that can be mounted over the bathtub areas. I know that this is something DW and I appreciate when we travel. We have a travel clothesline, but it's not as good.

We need a vacation..
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
I'm looking for a retractable clothesline that can be mounted over the bathtub areas. I know that this is something DW and I appreciate when we travel. We have a travel clothesline, but it's not as good.
Proud Texan said:
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
I was about to type something about the shower rod, but thought, RUH ROH that won't work with the curved shower rods very well.

We need a vacation..
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
Proud Texan said:
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
I was about to type something about the shower rod, but thought, RUH ROH that won't work with the curved shower rods very well.
Joe Bloggs said:
Proud Texan said:
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
I found this online. In fact, I may order a few of these. I called the place and these are specifically designed for the bathroom.

We need a vacation..
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
Proud Texan said:
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
Joe Bloggs said:
Proud Texan said:
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
I found this online. In fact, I may order a few of these. I called the place and these are specifically designed for the bathroom.
Proud Texan said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Proud Texan said:
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
Do you get weeklong stays or those travelling? Just wondering if they would be beneficial if you get more one or two nighters. I get plenty who are enroute to a major airport to fly over the pond and they never wash anything that I "see."

We need a vacation..
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
Proud Texan said:
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
I used to have one of those for myself. Great idea. We thought about it right off but do not have tubs, just showers. I thought about having them wall mounted but would be concerned with guests piling the heavy stuff on and pulling them out of the wall.

We need a vacation..
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
Actually, I've seen those hotel-like round metal retractable clotheslines at either WalMart or Target.

We need a vacation..
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
Actually, I've seen those hotel-like round metal retractable clotheslines at either WalMart or Target.
Samster said:
Target.
Dorm room area. :)

We need a vacation..
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
Proud Texan said:
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
Joe Bloggs said:
Proud Texan said:
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
Proud Texan said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Proud Texan said:
MooseTrax said:
We need a vacation.
Do you get weeklong stays or those travelling? Just wondering if they would be beneficial if you get more one or two nighters. I get plenty who are enroute to a major airport to fly over the pond and they never wash anything that I "see."
Joe Bloggs said:
Do you get weeklong stays or those travelling?
It's seasonal, but we do get longer stays sometimes. However, now that I think of it, they usually go to a local laundromat.

Back