Single seating breakfast

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We serve a single seating breakfast for all three rooms at 9am. The signifigant other does the cooking and I do the fresh fruit, juice, condiments, etc., and then help him serve it all at once. He does alot of baked items (big pan of cherry cream cheese french toast, or maybe a big baked omelette); that is a BIG BIG help. Just cut into pieces, top with whatever goes on top, plate with a tater side, a meat and fresh fruit, maybe a muffin or toast for egg dishes. No pain, no strain. Everything, including the meat and the potatoes are done in the oven and come out at the same time.
Guests rave about our baked stuffed french toast, and it could not be easier. He often puts it together at night and just pulls out of the fridge and pops in the oven in the morning.
BTW, I love PROUD TEXAN'S comment: "HOT at 8:30, WARM at 8:45, COLD at 9:00." While we rarely get anyone late to the table, that's a good reminder, and funny.
Bree, I would be happy to email you a couple of his baked french toast and egg dish recipes if you'd like..
Little Blue Inn said:
Guests rave about our baked stuffed french toast, and it could not be easier. He often puts it together at night and just pulls out of the fridge and pops in the oven in the morning.
I do the same thing I have one seating for 8 people and baked french toast with cream cheese and your choice of fruit preserves mixed in. It is one of my main dishes. It is a lifesaver. Prep the night before and store in the fridge. Wake up in the morning and pop it in the oven. The guests here rave about it as well. One pan makes 8 peices.
oceans said:
Little Blue Inn said:
We have tried and tried the baked french toast thing and it keeps looking soggy on the bottom to us - I don't know why it looks kind of goopy to me. I have not had a recipe that I really liked and I wish i did. Maybe we are not using the right bread..
RIki
I do the same thing I have one seating for 8 people and baked french toast with cream cheese and your choice of fruit preserves mixed in. It is one of my main dishes. It is a lifesaver. Prep the night before and store in the fridge. Wake up in the morning and pop it in the oven. The guests here rave about it as well. One pan makes 8 peices.
egoodell said:
We have tried and tried the baked french toast thing and it keeps looking soggy on the bottom to us - I don't know why it looks kind of goopy to me. I have not had a recipe that I really liked and I wish i did. Maybe we are not using the right bread..
The first recipe I tried had way too much liquid for me - I had to adjust the recipe some. I use 6 eggs, a little more than 1 cup of milk and thick-sliced (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch) French bread for a six-serving pan (the ubiquitous 9 x 13).
muirford said:
ay too much liquid for me - I had to adjust the recipe some. I use 6 eggs, a little more than 1 cup of milk and thick-sliced (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch) French bread for a six-serving pan (the ubiquitous 9 x 13).
Maybe that's what I need to do. I would like to get this down. I was also thinking of flipping them out of the pan and putting them in the oven or under the broiler for a few seconds to "finish" the bottom so it would not be soggy. I'm going to try it again. Looks like DH will have french toast for dinner one night this week.
RIki

We serve a single seating breakfast for all three rooms at 9am. The signifigant other does the cooking and I do the fresh fruit, juice, condiments, etc., and then help him serve it all at once. He does alot of baked items (big pan of cherry cream cheese french toast, or maybe a big baked omelette); that is a BIG BIG help. Just cut into pieces, top with whatever goes on top, plate with a tater side, a meat and fresh fruit, maybe a muffin or toast for egg dishes. No pain, no strain. Everything, including the meat and the potatoes are done in the oven and come out at the same time.
BTW, I love PROUD TEXAN'S comment: "HOT at 8:30, WARM at 8:45, COLD at 9:00." While we rarely get anyone late to the table, that's a good reminder, and funny.
Bree, I would be happy to email you a couple of his baked french toast and egg dish recipes if you'd like..
Little Blue Inn said:
Bree, I would be happy to email you a couple of his baked french toast and egg dish recipes if you'd like.
I would be very interested in receiving these receipes as well!
Riki
egoodell said:
Little Blue Inn said:
Bree, I would be happy to email you a couple of his baked french toast and egg dish recipes if you'd like.
Riki
Little Blue Inn- sorry, I never saw this post until Riki found it! Why not post them right here in the recipe section? The reason I started this thread was because I was on my own for the weekend. Hubs is the cook and all the recipes went with him! I went back to 'cooking for kids' with omelets and FT!

Little Blue Inn said:
Riki
egoodell said:
Little Blue Inn said:
Riki
Little Blue Inn- sorry, I never saw this post until Riki found it! Why not post them right here in the recipe section? The reason I started this thread was because I was on my own for the weekend. Hubs is the cook and all the recipes went with him! I went back to 'cooking for kids' with omelets and FT!
Since I'm right in the midst of breakfast, I cut and pasted two of his recipes under the "Inn the Kitchen" section...then I noticed the Recipes page...I'll try to put them in there when I have more time to fill in all the blanks.

Little Blue Inn said:
Riki
egoodell said:
Little Blue Inn said:
Riki
Since I'm right in the midst of breakfast, I cut and pasted two of his recipes under the "Inn the Kitchen" section...then I noticed the Recipes page...I'll try to put them in there when I have more time to fill in all the blanks.
Little Blue Inn said:
Wow, I want to come and stay with you! That's SERVICE! Sending us recipes while making breakfast! Many thanks.
Riki

Little Blue Inn said:
Riki
egoodell said:
Little Blue Inn said:
Riki
Little Blue Inn said:
Wow, I want to come and stay with you! That's SERVICE! Sending us recipes while making breakfast! Many thanks.
Riki
Ummm, I think it's all the iced coffee I've had this morning. Every since the SO turned me onto this way to use up the leftover coffee, I can't get enough of it!
tounge_smile.gif

Don't know what FT is. You ought to try that crepe recipe I posted. It's very easy to make ahead and then bake off. Do you guys have something against crepes?.
Crepes are great. I've never made them tho.
FT is french toast.
I wasn't good at crepes before I found this recipe. They were thin and would always break when I tried to roll them. I think it is the exta yolk in this one that makes them sturdier and more flexible.
If we did crepes (and I want to) we'd do ployes. Buckwheat crepes in the French Canadian tradition.
What do you stuff those with?
In the distant past, I worked for a crepe restaurant in South London. It was a dinner house, and they were stuffed with just about anything you could imagine...vegetable or meat stuffings with a variety of sauces....mmmm. Would love to do them too.
My favorite morning pancakes are buckwheat. Few breakfast places seem to do them in our area.
KathleenM
Skamokawa said:
My favorite morning pancakes are buckwheat. Few breakfast places seem to do them in our area.
I think those are an aquired taste. Don't care for them myself.

Back