So great energy over there !

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What we need is a map (north american continent) like many have in their B&B's with push pins so we can put all the forum members - active or not, on this map and see where everyone is (not exact name = location of course).
I have no idea how to do this, but when Bruno wrote "over there" I thought it would be kinda fun. We sure have a huge uprising in the middle section of this country on the forum (USA). I am seeing more and more Ohio and Indiana. There are more and more Canadians as well. Might be kinda fun!.
He JBJ, that's a pretty nice idea. We can even think about displaying wether report per B&B. Just imagine -30 degree celsius during January in Québec(-22 Fahrenheit .... Had to take my converter for Farhenheit. Air Temperature here in celsius, but Water Temperature in Farenheit. Something I miss probably
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
. All I know is that the hot tub temp should be between 95 and 100 F for my clients !) when 25 degree celsius in Florida. Bzzzzzz
Hopefully, Swirt seems to have larger shoulders and athletic body!
Bruno
Bonne Adresse said:
He JBJ, that's a pretty nice idea. We can even think about displaying wether report per B&B. Just imagine -30 degree celsius during January in Québec(-22 Fahrenheit .... Had to take my converter for Farhenheit. Air Temperature here in celsius, but Water Temperature in Farenheit. Something I miss probably
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
. All I know is that the hot tub temp should be between 95 and 100 F for my clients !) when 25 degree celsius in Florida. Bzzzzzz
Hopefully, Swirt seems to have larger shoulders and athletic body!
Bruno
We had guests here from Quebec a couple years ago. The temp outside was the coldest I had ever been here about 7 degrees. These two gents walked out on the porch with a light windbreaker and said "What a pleasant day!"
I looked at them and said "HUH? What is the temp at home right now?"
They replied "About 20 below"
I asked "Fahrenheit or Celsius?"
"Doesn't really matter" they answered. I will never forget that!

Greetings Bruno from PEI![/h3]Welcome to the Innkeepers forum, fellow Canadian! We moved here to Prince Edward Island, from New Jersey and our B&B has been opened for 2 years. Love your B&B and your web-site!
Sherry Ca
www.adabenweekshouse.webs.com.
I've never been to PEI, shame on me ! I visit only Québec and travel across Québec when I was in holidays when we were staying in France. Now, with the business and Child, get stuck around the place. Hopefully a so nice place ! Sherry, you have a very nice sweet home. An other nice spot to stay at ! So many things to see and so little time for that !
And sure, you can say fellow Canadian, I and Florence get citizenship one year ago (both child get double citizenship already from birth) ! Great country, huge one and what a diversity !. Don't think will go back France soon. Yes I appreciated 8 weeks of vacation every year but it does not do all. France for me is for holidays and see family. To work ? Nope. Thanks to Canadian country to make our dream happen
lightbulb.gif

Greetings Bruno from PEI![/h3]Welcome to the Innkeepers forum, fellow Canadian! We moved here to Prince Edward Island, from New Jersey and our B&B has been opened for 2 years. Love your B&B and your web-site!
Sherry Ca
I've never been to PEI, shame on me ! I visit only Québec and travel across Québec when I was in holidays when we were staying in France. Now, with the business and Child, get stuck around the place. Hopefully a so nice place ! Sherry, you have a very nice sweet home. An other nice spot to stay at ! So many things to see and so little time for that !
And sure, you can say fellow Canadian, I and Florence get citizenship one year ago (both child get double citizenship already from birth) ! Great country, huge one and what a diversity !. Don't think will go back France soon. Yes I appreciated 8 weeks of vacation every year but it does not do all. France for me is for holidays and see family. To work ? Nope. Thanks to Canadian country to make our dream happen
lightbulb.gif

Greetings Bruno!
Yes, I agree this is a great country and Canada made it possible to achieve our dreams also. As for Citizenship, I have not decided about that as yet. We are permanent residents here, for now that is good enough.
PEI is quite a beautiful Island, North America's best kept secret. I call it the Martha's Vineyard of Canada. Except the only celebrities we have here are the great chef Michael Smith
chef.gif
Good luck to you and your family and may all of your dreams come true!
SherryCa
www.adabenweekshouse.webs.com
teeth_smile.gif

Sherry Ca
lightbulb.gif

Greetings Bruno!
Yes, I agree this is a great country and Canada made it possible to achieve our dreams also. As for Citizenship, I have not decided about that as yet. We are permanent residents here, for now that is good enough.
PEI is quite a beautiful Island, North America's best kept secret. I call it the Martha's Vineyard of Canada. Except the only celebrities we have here are the great chef Michael Smith
chef.gif
SherryCa
teeth_smile.gif

Thanks for all your wishes.
Here, we don't have any Michael Smith around, but my wife is a really good cooker and it's enough for me ! Some personalities are installed around here (Tremblant) as Michael Douglas who has a secondary house around. Hopefully, our b&b is a few km from there so we still have piece and lovely view on Mont Blanc ski hills
I hope you will find / have found what you looking for !
Regards
Bruno

Sherry Ca
lightbulb.gif

Greetings Bruno!
chef.gif
SherryCa
teeth_smile.gif

Here, we don't have any Michael Smith around, but my wife is a really good cooker and it's enough for me ! Some personalities are installed around here (Tremblant) as Michael Douglas who has a secondary house around. Hopefully, our b&b is a few km from there so we still have piece and lovely view on Mont Blanc ski hills
Regards
Bruno
Welcome!
welcome.gif
I visited Quebec as a child and would like to return someday. A friend recently took a train trip all the way up to your lovely city. I would like to do the same. I hope that you'll be able to share your B&B location with us soon.
regular_smile.gif

Sherry Ca
lightbulb.gif

Greetings Bruno!
chef.gif
SherryCa
teeth_smile.gif

Regards
Bruno
Welcome!
welcome.gif
I visited Quebec as a child and would like to return someday. A friend recently took a train trip all the way up to your lovely city. I would like to do the same. I hope that you'll be able to share your B&B location with us soon.
regular_smile.gif

You're welcome !
People here are ready for hospitality and smile
teeth_smile.gif

You know, there are thousand and thousand of lakes here, 4 time the size of France with 10 times less people ! Not sure train is the best way to travel. I think your friend went to Montreal or Québec as there is no train to come to Tremblant
Regards
Bruno

Sherry Ca
lightbulb.gif

Greetings Bruno!
chef.gif
SherryCa
teeth_smile.gif

Regards
Bruno
Welcome!
welcome.gif
regular_smile.gif

You're welcome !
People here are ready for hospitality and smile
teeth_smile.gif

You know, there are thousand and thousand of lakes here, 4 time the size of France with 10 times less people ! Not sure train is the best way to travel. I think your friend went to Montreal or Québec as there is no train to come to Tremblant
Regards
Bruno
Ah, yes, Quebec! I misunderstood where you were. I would definitely like to see your area again
regular_smile.gif

I visited both Montreal and Quebec City in 1994. Both are lovely cities. My friends and I enjoyed both and loved the Chateau de Frontenac. My friend fell in love with it when we did thetour. So much so that we went back that evening and had dinner there. Magnifique!!!

Je vous souhaite bienvenue, malheuresment je n'ecris pas tres bien, par contre je parle pas mal! J'ai passer 5 ans en France avec Disney et deux en Ile Maurice, maintenant aux USA donc je n'as plus le gens avec qui je peut parler! N'oublie pas la regle "le client est la roi!" et vous aller avoir aucune probleme avec votre B&B!

That reminds me that I missed the 400th year of Quebec city. Some clients we had this summer went there and found the celebration so great they decided to go there one more time !. Before operating the B&B, we were used to go to Quebec, once a year. The fortified city (unique in North America) makes me feel about St Malo in France (nostalic, not of France but old stones!) Sightseing on St Laurent river is so great too.
Montreal is more, I will say, big north American cities, more anonymous, mix of architectures and cultures. Avoid the holes in the roads and it is a fun city !

That reminds me that I missed the 400th year of Quebec city. Some clients we had this summer went there and found the celebration so great they decided to go there one more time !. Before operating the B&B, we were used to go to Quebec, once a year. The fortified city (unique in North America) makes me feel about St Malo in France (nostalic, not of France but old stones!) Sightseing on St Laurent river is so great too.
Montreal is more, I will say, big north American cities, more anonymous, mix of architectures and cultures. Avoid the holes in the roads and it is a fun city !.
We enjoyed being "Joe Tourist" in both cities. Funny thing was my friend and I each got cheated with money - one in each city.
I was first. I had made a purchase that morning with a $50 US bill and got change in Canadian as $62.50. That afternoon we went to the laundromat and while the clothes dried went to lunch. My frined went to see if the clothes ere done and I stayed to pay the bill. I did not have enough Canadian money and the smallest I had was a US $50. The waitress counted out my change in Canadian and stopped at $50. I took the handfull of US coin that I had left as tip and put it back in my pocket. When I told my friend about it I said the truth - It was my fault for not having either enough Canadian or smaller US bills. Whe nthe same thing happened to my friend the next day, she said it was like I had told her - her fault. We figured both people needed that money more than we did.
Yes, we do remember it, but we both remember those cities fondly. If either of us were asked about Quebec City, our best memory was of the dinner that night! Oh what fun we had!!!

Je vous souhaite bienvenue, malheuresment je n'ecris pas tres bien, par contre je parle pas mal! J'ai passer 5 ans en France avec Disney et deux en Ile Maurice, maintenant aux USA donc je n'as plus le gens avec qui je peut parler! N'oublie pas la regle "le client est la roi!" et vous aller avoir aucune probleme avec votre B&B!.
Bonjour,
I always appreciate people making effort to write in an other langage. When people have the ability and use it, it is for me a nice demonstration of open mind.
It seems that you travel a lot: We went in holidays in Seychelles island not far from Maurice island. Seychelles are wonderful island and control the tourism arrival but we were really disappointed with services. We were told that in 5 stars hotels, only maurice staff work there. Not really surprising.
Si tu souhaites entretenir ton français, ca me fera bien plaisir de converser avec toi!
Bruno

Montreal is more, I will say, big north American cities, more anonymous, mix of architectures and cultures. Avoid the holes in the roads and it is a fun city !.
We enjoyed being "Joe Tourist" in both cities. Funny thing was my friend and I each got cheated with money - one in each city.
I was first. I had made a purchase that morning with a $50 US bill and got change in Canadian as $62.50. That afternoon we went to the laundromat and while the clothes dried went to lunch. My frined went to see if the clothes ere done and I stayed to pay the bill. I did not have enough Canadian money and the smallest I had was a US $50. The waitress counted out my change in Canadian and stopped at $50. I took the handfull of US coin that I had left as tip and put it back in my pocket. When I told my friend about it I said the truth - It was my fault for not having either enough Canadian or smaller US bills. Whe nthe same thing happened to my friend the next day, she said it was like I had told her - her fault. We figured both people needed that money more than we did.
Yes, we do remember it, but we both remember those cities fondly. If either of us were asked about Quebec City, our best memory was of the dinner that night! Oh what fun we had!!!
Hi Kathleen,
I went though your website and if I have to travel in our area, without hesitation a stop at your B&B is required for life sharing ! The thing is, the more I visit this forum, the more I discover great places to stay ! And directories (both american and canadian) have problems to stream inns and B&B spirit. So many experience to be shared by innkeepers about traveling advice and not undertood by these directories ! From my personal experience as traveler, I avoid directories and look for association or direct b&b search with google
Bruno

Je vous souhaite bienvenue, malheuresment je n'ecris pas tres bien, par contre je parle pas mal! J'ai passer 5 ans en France avec Disney et deux en Ile Maurice, maintenant aux USA donc je n'as plus le gens avec qui je peut parler! N'oublie pas la regle "le client est la roi!" et vous aller avoir aucune probleme avec votre B&B!.
What did you do with Disney in France? Just curious as we're trying to go to Euro Disney next year if we can.
I prefer guest to customer
regular_smile.gif
And we can be Queens, too! haha!

The innkeepers of the British Columbia Bed & Breakfast Innkeepers Guild are waiting to welcome you in all parts of this great province. Our member properties range from historic homes in ... [section deleted by swirt to not hurt the original site that owns this content]... ... Whether you are traveling on business or for pleasure, your hosts will make your stay a comfortable one and will strive to meet all your needs.
----------------------
johnpetersen
[tr] [/td]prince edward island drug rehab SPAM LINK[/td][/tr][/table] [edited by Swirt to break the spam link to drug rehab and to point out that JohnPeterson is a spam bot (not even a human
rolleyes.gif
) that took this text from the http://bcsbestbnbs.com/ website to make it look like he was sort of connected to this conversation. He...err IT is not.
wink_smile.gif
]

Hi Kathleen,
I went though your website and if I have to travel in our area, without hesitation a stop at your B&B is required for life sharing ! The thing is, the more I visit this forum, the more I discover great places to stay ! And directories (both american and canadian) have problems to stream inns and B&B spirit. So many experience to be shared by innkeepers about traveling advice and not undertood by these directories ! From my personal experience as traveler, I avoid directories and look for association or direct b&b search with google
Bruno
Bruno,
I just realized I failed to respond to your post. We would very much enjoy welcoming you to our inn and our City. Would love to show you our wonderful, wild West Virginia.

The innkeepers of the British Columbia Bed & Breakfast Innkeepers Guild are waiting to welcome you in all parts of this great province. Our member properties range from historic homes in ... [section deleted by swirt to not hurt the original site that owns this content]... ... Whether you are traveling on business or for pleasure, your hosts will make your stay a comfortable one and will strive to meet all your needs.
----------------------
johnpetersen
[tr] [/td]prince edward island drug rehab SPAM LINK[/td][/tr][/table] [edited by Swirt to break the spam link to drug rehab and to point out that JohnPeterson is a spam bot (not even a human
rolleyes.gif
) that took this text from the http://bcsbestbnbs.com/ website to make it look like he was sort of connected to this conversation. He...err IT is not.
wink_smile.gif
].
John,
Welcome to the Forim. We hope you will join us often.

----------------------
johnpetersen
rolleyes.gif
wink_smile.gif
].
Hi Johnpetersen,
Welcome and thanks for the info on British Columbia Bed & Breakfast Innkeepers Guild. Are you an officer in it or just a proud member? Is there any connection to the Drug rehab facility in your signature? (I know some associations take on projects they promote collectively like fighting cancer, autism research, drug rehab...)

----------------------
johnpetersen
rolleyes.gif
wink_smile.gif
].
Hi Johnpetersen,
Welcome and thanks for the info on British Columbia Bed & Breakfast Innkeepers Guild. Are you an officer in it or just a proud member? Is there any connection to the Drug rehab facility in your signature? (I know some associations take on projects they promote collectively like fighting cancer, autism research, drug rehab...)
The BC BB Innkeeper's Guild is a great association!

Bruno, if you want to email me directly I can give you info on two Canadian forums although I will warn you that our forums are private and there are many things discussed apart from BB issues. I have one forum and there is a second larger one.
Enjoy this one though. Great info but sometimes a Canadian perspective is important!

Back