So great energy over there !

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bruno, if you want to email me directly I can give you info on two Canadian forums although I will warn you that our forums are private and there are many things discussed apart from BB issues. I have one forum and there is a second larger one.
Enjoy this one though. Great info but sometimes a Canadian perspective is important!.
Great info but sometimes a Canadian perspective is important!
That's why I am glad you, Bruno, and several others are on here as well. :)

Bruno, if you want to email me directly I can give you info on two Canadian forums although I will warn you that our forums are private and there are many things discussed apart from BB issues. I have one forum and there is a second larger one.
Enjoy this one though. Great info but sometimes a Canadian perspective is important!.
That's funny! I just meant that it is good to be here but also good to have a Canadian board where one can discuss legalities, etc. I'm not trying to get people to not stay on this board. You actually discuss way more BB stuff (because that's all you talk about basically
wink_smile.gif
) than we Canuks on our board although we do discuss BB issues for sure. We also get into politics and other funs stuff
regular_smile.gif

The innkeepers of the British Columbia Bed & Breakfast Innkeepers Guild are waiting to welcome you in all parts of this great province. Our member properties range from historic homes in ... [section deleted by swirt to not hurt the original site that owns this content]... ... Whether you are traveling on business or for pleasure, your hosts will make your stay a comfortable one and will strive to meet all your needs.
----------------------
johnpetersen
[tr] [/td]prince edward island drug rehab SPAM LINK[/td][/tr][/table] [edited by Swirt to break the spam link to drug rehab and to point out that JohnPeterson is a spam bot (not even a human
rolleyes.gif
) that took this text from the http://bcsbestbnbs.com/ website to make it look like he was sort of connected to this conversation. He...err IT is not.
wink_smile.gif
].
Hi Johnpetersen,
Welcome and thanks for the info on British Columbia Bed & Breakfast Innkeepers Guild. Are you an officer in it or just a proud member? Is there any connection to the Drug rehab facility in your signature? (I know some associations take on projects they promote collectively like fighting cancer, autism research, drug rehab...)
Curious that someone from BC would undertake a project in PEI. Like me deciding to do outreach in WA.

That reminds me that I missed the 400th year of Quebec city. Some clients we had this summer went there and found the celebration so great they decided to go there one more time !. Before operating the B&B, we were used to go to Quebec, once a year. The fortified city (unique in North America) makes me feel about St Malo in France (nostalic, not of France but old stones!) Sightseing on St Laurent river is so great too.
Montreal is more, I will say, big north American cities, more anonymous, mix of architectures and cultures. Avoid the holes in the roads and it is a fun city !.
We enjoyed being "Joe Tourist" in both cities. Funny thing was my friend and I each got cheated with money - one in each city.
I was first. I had made a purchase that morning with a $50 US bill and got change in Canadian as $62.50. That afternoon we went to the laundromat and while the clothes dried went to lunch. My frined went to see if the clothes ere done and I stayed to pay the bill. I did not have enough Canadian money and the smallest I had was a US $50. The waitress counted out my change in Canadian and stopped at $50. I took the handfull of US coin that I had left as tip and put it back in my pocket. When I told my friend about it I said the truth - It was my fault for not having either enough Canadian or smaller US bills. Whe nthe same thing happened to my friend the next day, she said it was like I had told her - her fault. We figured both people needed that money more than we did.
Yes, we do remember it, but we both remember those cities fondly. If either of us were asked about Quebec City, our best memory was of the dinner that night! Oh what fun we had!!!
Hi Kathleen,
I went though your website and if I have to travel in our area, without hesitation a stop at your B&B is required for life sharing ! The thing is, the more I visit this forum, the more I discover great places to stay ! And directories (both american and canadian) have problems to stream inns and B&B spirit. So many experience to be shared by innkeepers about traveling advice and not undertood by these directories ! From my personal experience as traveler, I avoid directories and look for association or direct b&b search with google
Bruno
Bruno,
I just realized I failed to respond to your post. We would very much enjoy welcoming you to our inn and our City. Would love to show you our wonderful, wild West Virginia.
Thx for the invitation. We will welcome you with the same pleasure when you visit Quebec in the Laurentians

That's funny! I just meant that it is good to be here but also good to have a Canadian board where one can discuss legalities, etc. I'm not trying to get people to not stay on this board. You actually discuss way more BB stuff (because that's all you talk about basically
wink_smile.gif
) than we Canuks on our board although we do discuss BB issues for sure. We also get into politics and other funs stuff
regular_smile.gif
First. Bienvenue to John ! I just discover this forum 2 months ago, members since 1 month and I am .... addicted ! So much ressources, participation and ... animation !
Hi Ginocat, I appreciate your invitation. In general, not fan of private forum but I always give a try ! Why not launching a public forum in Canada Ginocat ? We would have double pleasure !

wink_smile.gif
regular_smile.gif
First. Bienvenue to John ! I just discover this forum 2 months ago, members since 1 month and I am .... addicted ! So much ressources, participation and ... animation !
Hi Ginocat, I appreciate your invitation. In general, not fan of private forum but I always give a try ! Why not launching a public forum in Canada Ginocat ? We would have double pleasure !
I think you're probably better off with this forum and especially if you don't like private ones. Mine is a bit slow for BB business conversation at the moment as is Canada BB Hosts because many businesses are closed down or quite slow at this time of year. This forum stays pretty focused and busy on the BB end of things.
There have been a couple of public forums in Canada in the past. They closed. A private forum allows members to discuss things that they don't want aired in public. There was a UK forum that has gone private for the same reason. I'm not interested in having a public forum. It's a pain to police and control and I don't have the time for that. There's a Canadian BB forum - Canada BB Hosts that can be found on YUKU. It is private but you might want to to there and apply for membership as their membership is larger and more BB things are apt to be discussed.

wink_smile.gif
regular_smile.gif
I think you're probably better off with this forum and especially if you don't like private ones. Mine is a bit slow for BB business conversation at the moment as is Canada BB Hosts because many businesses are closed down or quite slow at this time of year. This forum stays pretty focused and busy on the BB end of things.
There have been a couple of public forums in Canada in the past. They closed. A private forum allows members to discuss things that they don't want aired in public. There was a UK forum that has gone private for the same reason. I'm not interested in having a public forum. It's a pain to police and control and I don't have the time for that. There's a Canadian BB forum - Canada BB Hosts that can be found on YUKU. It is private but you might want to to there and apply for membership as their membership is larger and more BB things are apt to be discussed.
ginocat said:
There's a Canadian BB forum - Canada BB Hosts that can be found on YUKU. It is private but you might want to to there and apply for membership as their membership is larger and more BB things are apt to be discussed.
I believe that forum is not free to join. I'm not a member, but I looked into it once and you had to pay to be on their directory in order to access the forum.

wink_smile.gif
regular_smile.gif
ginocat said:
There's a Canadian BB forum - Canada BB Hosts that can be found on YUKU. It is private but you might want to to there and apply for membership as their membership is larger and more BB things are apt to be discussed.
I believe that forum is not free to join. I'm not a member, but I looked into it once and you had to pay to be on their directory in order to access the forum.
You are right! I'd forgotten about that. I was with them from the inception of the board and am grandfathered. This site has lots of other perks. I wonderful web site advertising member accommodations and a fabulous recipe site that are accessible by the public. The owners of the forum also find all kinds of discount things for members including special rates for webervations (I think) and other bb sites. All can look at the site, recipes, etc. Only the forum (and the ability to have your bb advertised on the site) is private.
www.canadabbhosts.com/
Bruno, you can apply to my site if you want to. Just email me.

Back