So, it is official

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TA and all the other pay for link sites do not think we are smart enough to check out G oo gle ana lytics to see where our traffic is coming from and which ones are booking!.
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
regular_smile.gif
thumbs_up.gif

We just let it expire. We continue to use Trip Connect and find that to be a better product for getting through the Tripadvisor noise. A while back, there was a very helpful thread about the change in terms that TA forced everyone to sign. It limited the number of points of contact that were obligated to show to one out of three and it allowed them to increase your price with an automatic renewal.
We communicated by email to ensure that our automatic renewal was off, but the website still shows it as on. We also asked for our business listing to be canceled. At the eleventh hour, they tried to renew us at the same rate as last year. given that we were now getting less, it was still an increase in price for value, so we cut the cord. We'll rely on our ranking and Trip Connect for now, but it did remind us that we need to reinvest some time and energy in maximizing google, especially since they are making a push with that hotel listing product I just read about.

We are now out - since Sept.13th - so far did not notice any changes. Had a few reservations where people indicated that they found us at the T-rip, so I guess people are smart to find us on line using different websites. Did not hear from the T-rip- no calls or emails trying to get us back.

We are now out - since Sept.13th - so far did not notice any changes. Had a few reservations where people indicated that they found us at the T-rip, so I guess people are smart to find us on line using different websites. Did not hear from the T-rip- no calls or emails trying to get us back..
You won't look back!

Back