Still trying to fight airbnb

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inn the news today
Illegal hotel law inhospitable to B&B's, their operators say
The Villager
Vinessa Milando, who operates Ivy Terrace Bed and Breakfast, in a room with a kitchen, which allows guests to cook. File photo by Tequila Minsky..
Well in my book a B +B is not "legal" it is properly permitted, inspected and insured. It's nice that she is paying taxes, or so she says, but if she is running a lodging business in a zone where short term rentals are verboten, then she is NOT a legal B+B!
Silverspoon said:
Well in my book a B +B is not "legal" it is properly permitted, inspected and insured. It's nice that she is paying taxes, or so she says, but if she is running a lodging business in a zone where short term rentals are verboten, then she is NOT a legal B+B!
I would think being legitimate (paragraph 5) means at least 'properly permitted' and passed all the requirements to do so. (laws vary from area to area). Just because the article leads you to think paying taxes is all that is is required, we all know there is more to it than that.
She had been operating the business for 16 years (see paragraph 1)!

Inn the news today
Illegal hotel law inhospitable to B&B's, their operators say
The Villager
Vinessa Milando, who operates Ivy Terrace Bed and Breakfast, in a room with a kitchen, which allows guests to cook. File photo by Tequila Minsky..
Silverspoon said:
If I read it correctly, the zoning changed around her. Would have been nice if they had grandfathered those already doing business.
She's making a living for herself. Don't just legislate the ability away.

Back