SuperInn Wishlist

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how much is superinn? depending on rooms?.
It is room dependent. For three rooms it costs us $40 per month.
swirt said:
Funny I went to the website and could not locate a price anywhere - ugh. BUGS ME
Yes, I looked at it several times for clients. When I do not see a price listed it makes me very dubious. I see no reason why they cannot put "suggested pricing" based on number of rooms and then give an amount. It doesn't seem right to me when they make you call them..of course..so they can 'sell it" to you.
So that would be an additional feature request for SuperInn
  • Visible pricing structure
I think we could divine out what it is between the members on the forum that use it.
I think the formula is something like
Total cost = $10 + $10 x #Rooms
So for 3 rooms it is $40
@Bree does this fit what you pay?
swirt said:
I think we could divine out what it is between the members on the forum that use it.
So for 3 rooms it is $40
7 rooms, $60. Yes, it was a LOT more expensive than anything else we looked at but at the time I wanted no guest info stored on my computer, because I travel with it and because we wanted to be able to access bookings online while on vacation. I haven't looked at anything else, but I have friends on Webervations and they do the vacation access somehow, so it does work.

swirt said:
Funny I went to the website and could not locate a price anywhere - ugh. BUGS ME
Yes, I looked at it several times for clients. When I do not see a price listed it makes me very dubious. I see no reason why they cannot put "suggested pricing" based on number of rooms and then give an amount. It doesn't seem right to me when they make you call them..of course..so they can 'sell it" to you.
So for 3 rooms it is $40
My friend has 3 rooms and she pays $60 a month.
Did they sign up recently so maybe have a higher cost? I have clients that I know pay $60 but they have more than 3 rooms.
No 2 years ago

swirt said:
So for 3 rooms it is $40
swirt said:
So for 3 rooms it is $40
7 rooms, $60. Yes, it was a LOT more expensive than anything else we looked at but at the time I wanted no guest info stored on my computer, because I travel with it and because we wanted to be able to access bookings online while on vacation. I haven't looked at anything else, but I have friends on Webervations and they do the vacation access somehow, so it does work.
Bree said:
swirt said:
So for 3 rooms it is $40
all my bookings are online with weberv. If I take one over the phone I just click the room and take it out of inventory. They come in automatic and the guest get the confirmation. Cheap and cheerful $80 a year webervations...I think I will cry if we have to move on to greener pastures from them...boo hoo
You don't have to store anything on your pc either. Only if you want to. If you want to do the guest mgmt side of the reservations.

$60 a month for 3 rooms?! x12?!
so for 8 possible rooms it would be ...
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

i cannot possibly recommend this for someone who may be taking over the inn and who has limited funds .... he is already going to have to put on a new roof, shore up the barn .....

i cannot possibly recommend this for someone who may be taking over the inn and who has limited funds .... he is already going to have to put on a new roof, shore up the barn ......
Bree is only paying $60/month for 7 rooms.
The pricing structure is unclear, and they really need to do something about that.
It's not fair to compare it to Webervations by itself, as they really are two completely different products SI being GuestManagement with real time reservations. Webervations being a reservation system only.

See all of these high costs are scaring me away!
I will end up with a basic no frills online booking service. I don't want frills, I want simple. See it - book it. Don't care about all the fancy schmancy extras..
It always comes down to what you need and want. (not trying to push any particular product)
One of the bigger determining factors for me comes to paying quarterly occupancy tax and sales tax. How long would you say you spend figuring out what you owe?
With SuperInn it takes me less than 10 minutes.
When I am fuzzy on some of the details about a return guest, it takes me seconds to refresh my memory.
These kinds of things are important to me and they are time savers...and since I also work by the hour, time is money. :)
I use a an Excel spreadsheet for my ledger. As I enter the rate I have the formulas in place to calculate and enter the sales tax, total the sale, calculate my B & O, update my monthly totals, year-to-date, and quarterly sales and B & O. The only thing I have to go back and look at is how many State or City room nights did I have that were non-tax for my sales tax total in January. That might take 5 minutes.

I will end up with a basic no frills online booking service. I don't want frills, I want simple. See it - book it. Don't care about all the fancy schmancy extras..
It always comes down to what you need and want. (not trying to push any particular product)
One of the bigger determining factors for me comes to paying quarterly occupancy tax and sales tax. How long would you say you spend figuring out what you owe?
When I am fuzzy on some of the details about a return guest, it takes me seconds to refresh my memory.
These kinds of things are important to me and they are time savers...and since I also work by the hour, time is money. :)
I use a an Excel spreadsheet for my ledger. As I enter the rate I have the formulas in place to calculate and enter the sales tax, total the sale, calculate my B & O, update my monthly totals, year-to-date, and quarterly sales and B & O. The only thing I have to go back and look at is how many State or City room nights did I have that were non-tax for my sales tax total in January. That might take 5 minutes.
5 minutes to find the amount, but how much to do all the double entry? (or maybe it is single entry if that is the only place you record it.)

5 minutes to find the amount, but how much to do all the double entry? (or maybe it is single entry if that is the only place you record it.)
That is the only place and no credit card numbers are recorded.
Edited to add I have a yearly occupancy, Occupancy by State, and an SOB all on Excel and I can compare year to year with them.
Room nights I am 1 over to date over last year's total for the year but revenue is 30% higher - more packages!!

Edited to add I have a yearly occupancy, Occupancy by State, and an SOB all on Excel and I can compare year to year with them.
Room nights I am 1 over to date over last year's total for the year but revenue is 30% higher - more packages!!
gillumhouse said:
congrats on all your hard work

gillumhouse said:
congrats on all your hard work
Thanks. The ad campaign I ran with the winery and Tourism Division did not hurt. Made a big difference in packages sold. It cost each of us 12.5% of the total cost.

i cannot possibly recommend this for someone who may be taking over the inn and who has limited funds .... he is already going to have to put on a new roof, shore up the barn ......
Bree is only paying $60/month for 7 rooms.
The pricing structure is unclear, and they really need to do something about that.
It's not fair to compare it to Webervations by itself, as they really are two completely different products SI being GuestManagement with real time reservations. Webervations being a reservation system only.
For 4 rooms I pay $40 a month. I love Superinn and it has made my life so much easier since starting it this year. I love how it is web based and it keeps track of every guest and amount that was charged for room and tax. I can log in and see how much money was made for certain months. It is a lot better than doing it the manual way like I was before on paper note cards. If you are a busy inn it is worth it. The guests have also commented that they like it as well when they log in to see what is available on our website. I have a couple who stay here a lot and they like to check on "their" room and see how often other people are renting it. :) Also when a guest rebooks with you their past information is stored in the database so I don't have to type it all in again if I am booking a room on the phone.

It takes us less than 10 minutes, also. But with Quickbooks. That has always been my biggest issue with the guest management systems - there are a large number of areas of overlap and I feel like I'm paying for those needlessly, since I don't see any way of not using Quickbooks for my business.
I had hoped the GMS of Webervations (aka Weberv 2.0) would solve that issue to a certain extent with something affordable but not all that fancy. That has only been a half successful experiment for me. From what I see right now of pricing and features, our best choice might be Rezo GT, but I will really have to spend some time this winter digging through it to make that decision.

gillumhouse said:
Mine is comparable. I use an Excel spread sheet. On the first page/sheet I enter the Date, Last Name, Rate, Nights, Persons, Deposit, and Comment (why they are coming). It calculates Lodging Total, Bed Tax, Food Tax, Total Tax, Total with Tax, and Final Payment. It also has columns for Tip, Other Income, and Sales Tax (calculates based on Other Income).
I then copy that row to a second page/sheet which is separate by month, adding the row to the appropriate month. The formulas there calculate (by both month and year) totals for Lodging, Bed Tax, Food Tax, Tips, Taxable Sales, and Sales Tax. In addition it gives me Nights Booked, Occupancy Rate, and Adjusted Occupancy Rate (after blocks or comps) for each month and year. It also totals the Sales Tax, which I pay twice a year.
When I need to pay my monthly bed tax I open the file, read the number, and fill out the form. When I have a rez, the process of opening, entering, copying, saving, and closing takes me less than a minute.
The rez itself is kept in a 3-ring binder... if it came online (Webervations) it's a printout of the rez upon which I've written the Folio number, total, deposit, and balance. Whether online or over the phone I have a checklist at the bottom of each rez: update paper calendar, update Webervations, update Excel, run deposit, send confirmation.
The part that takes the longest, by far, is recording the information when someone calls to make a reservation (which is why I've seriously considered going JBJ's route and offering an online booking discount), but even that isn't too bad (probably because I've only got four rooms and quite a few people book online).
=)
Kk.

Back