Forum founder. Former Owner.
- May 17, 2008
- Reaction score
Resurected this discussion from back in February. It was originally one thread but I have split it up by product. (I'll do my best to attribute who said what and convert usernames to present names as best as I can.) Some of these feature requests will apppear in multiple porduct trheads as they were addressed to "All". Feel free to keep adding to it. Please lets keep these on track as feature requests/bug fixes and not who likes which product best...
- Actual credit card processing.
- Mini-calendars like webervations offers
- The ability to attach photos to guest info, so that those of us with aging memories can remember who is who when they come back for a second time.
- On the innkeeper's side of things it would be great if the main screen included constantly visible availability calendar instead of it being several clicks away.
- If I don't enter the last name of the second person in the reservation, don't erase the first name. I may not know their last name (may not be married), or I may not want to type the same last name twice.
- Simple but complete search. Let me type in a word and have it look in every field of the database for that word. Right now you are restricted to last name, credit card, and just a couple others. It needs to check notes, housekeeping notes, and ALL fields.
- On the innkeeper side, they need a sitemap so that you can get to all pages without going through the various pulldown menus. The pulldown menus don't show on a cellphone browser and prevent me from using the system from my phone. If they had a link to a site map with direct links from there, it would make it possible.
- It sends out an email every time a new reservation comes in which is nice, but it lacks any details or link even a link to the system. It would be nice if it included the names of the guests, the dates of stay and a link to follow to jump to SuperInn.
- provide a 'did you mean' list if I get close to a guest's name, don't just leave me hanging. Also, if there really ISN'T a guest with that name, don't make me start over at square one with the rez, give me a click that takes me back into the rez I was in the middle of.
A 'Return to Reservation' button would do it.
- Don't make me go back to the 'home' page for everything. We all have links on every page so the guest can skip around to different pages from wherever they land...
- When I hover the mouse over a guest's name in the calendar, I'd like it to show more than name and rez number. It should show the address (so if they're late I can see if they're coming from far away without opening the whole rez) and phone number and notes and number in party as well as if there are kids or dogs also.
Everyday we go thru the list to see who has what allergies and it would be easier to just run the mouse down the list of names.
gillumhouse said:I would like them to ask potential guests if they would like to see available packages - without having packages come up first or just the rooms so they do not know they can book a package.
One online reservation I tried had the packages come up first - which knowing how nervous (some) people are with computers - not wanting to accidently book a package when all they want is a room - would leave immediately (I know I would be afraid to click through). Then the problem was rooms showed but did not offer a way to get to packages. Now I find out I did not have the code for my packages on my Specials page (did not realize anything was needed there) for Webervations so have no idea how that would work (see potential guests are not the only ones who do not know things). Have not signed up for the new version yet so do not know exactly what it does.
Just since we are saying what we would like to see - that is mine. Packages is where I have an opportunity to make some money.
swirt said:Being able to add tracker code to the booking engine would be a very helpful feature. Example: add your Google Analytics code number and then you can track who actually makes it all the way through to the reservation and determine where others abandon the process.
swirt said:An emoticon (using the yellow smileys) rating system to rate the quality of the guest so that you don't have to read all your notes if they are on the phone with you and asking to come back.
= Good Guest / Easy Guest
) = Happy/Funny Guest
:| = Pay and Go
8( = DENY Future Reservations
:$ = cheapskate
:? = unknown
InntheSouth said:a printed "how to" manual with troubleshooting info would also be helpful or quick tips. I'm just looking at the online help for more info after my training.
swirt said:Breakfast tracker. When it comes to guests who come back we often ended up scratching our heads as to what we served them on previous times. In our second year we started recording it in the notes section when they check out. It would be nice if the system could keep a table of meals served each day, and then when looking up a guest could connect their dates of stay with the meals table and show you what you have served them in the past. It would be easier just recording it once per day instead of writing it in everyones notes when they check out.