Tell me again please

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to participate on an innkeepers forum based in another country. At times, there was some very frank talk about visitors (called THEM) from our country. After a time the forum became closed to outsiders and although I had never been anonymous there (I was then an aspiring, and Innspiring was still at its previous location) I was not allowed to continue to participate. I actually appreciated the comments about THEM. It reminded me that our national characteristic of brashness can be carried to unfortunate extremes at times. However I can appreciate that innkeepers sometimes need to let their hair down and speak freely. I especially appreciate there are now several regular contributers from outside our borders. The perspective is very welcome as most countries have provided B&B and guesthouse accomodations far longer than has commonly been available in this country.
Here I have two identities, one for general and sometimes more personal comments, another for more trade secrets or more sensitive comments. It is good to have both.

I have a second identity here where I like doilies ;-)

Well, the anonymity is fine, but I always wish folks here would supply a little context to comments on business: country, region. Maybe large or small. And it seems a few of us are no longer active.
But, well, my grandma once told me, never put anything in a letter you wouldn't want to see in the newspaper. She died before the internet made her words instant wisdom.
As for me, I have a duplicate sign-in under the exact same name, just to really confuse 'em.

Well, the anonymity is fine, but I always wish folks here would supply a little context to comments on business: country, region. Maybe large or small. And it seems a few of us are no longer active.
But, well, my grandma once told me, never put anything in a letter you wouldn't want to see in the newspaper. She died before the internet made her words instant wisdom.
As for me, I have a duplicate sign-in under the exact same name, just to really confuse 'em..
Tom said:
I was told the very same thing. The internet is a very TELLING place, too. A local politician is being investigated by a local reporter on fraud. One of the items was that he claimed he did not take a vacation for several years & cashed in those days well over $100k; yet this reporter found pictures on the spouses FB showing both enjoying international trips (posting as it happened). GOT-YA!

If you type out your properties name and talk about it here, google will find it. Then when someone googles your property, they could read what you wrote. So if you choose to list your property, don't say anything that you would not want your guests to read! When I first joined, I didn't know that. JB pointed it out. But if you look hard enough, you will figure out who we are and where our property is..
Bob said:
...if you look hard enough, you will figure out who we are and where our property is.
I keep a log of who's who. There are a few I've never figured out. Always watching for clues, though. It's fun!
Wow, you are much more organized than me. I kind of like relating to the username and profile symbol that people chose for themselves...

shades_smile.gif

i used to come in and vent vent vent about naughty guests and things ... gosh, i wouldn't want to be outed!!
now i think those posts are buried ... maybe not. maybe i shouldn't have my face here. ah well, i don't have my place any more.

And Seashanty you had some good ones! I still remember them well.

Back