Tesla Destination Charging

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
med_high-power-wall-connector2_1024x1024.jpg

Tom, You'll save wear and tear if you plug the business end of the charger into the little space for it on the cable holder.
Wish I was a little closer, but I'll put your part of the country on my bucket list..
OK, how about this? Cable correctly stowed.
Tesla%20a2%20DSC01481.jpg

I took the photo in the late evening so I could get the green light to show and used a little LED flashlight to pick out the Tesla logo in the reflection on the stainless steel case.
congrats to you, Tom.
I have not been able to reach Ben at Tesla for the last 2 days. Not even an " I am out of the office..." email reply. Getting a lil' bit worried
sad_smile.gif

Same here, no update, no response. Then a big box showed up FedEx ground.
Hmmm, so things might be rolling.

10 kW
Tesla%203%20DSC01479.jpg

Now all I need are some Teslas to charge!.
Huh? Nothing on your website about it. Need to get the word out to your guests! Or is this just for Arks?!?!?
wink_smile.gif

By the way, Congratulations!
Duff2014 said:
Huh? Nothing on your website about it.
I like your update!
About the photo. Trim it so you can't see that it is outside.... Don't need anyone trying to show up late at night to sleep in their car!
wink_smile.gif
You never know what cheapskates will try if given the chance. Just my two cents.
I will not have that problem. My car is in the driveway unless it has given way to a Tesla, a Hybrid, or a motorcycle.
gillumhouse said:
I will not have that problem. My car is in the driveway unless it has given way to a Tesla, a Hybrid, or a motorcycle.
Haha, I am planning to have the charger somewhere on my adorable chicken chalet (wish I could post a picture here but this is too complicated to mess with)

WOOHOO - I got my building permit today. Installation next week.

WOOHOO - I got my building permit today. Installation next week..
gillumhouse said:
Great! You really moved forward on this. I'll bet it pays for itself the first year.
My PR guy called me today before I got the go ahead for the permit. He called to tell me all the magazines and newspapers he has lined up for the story - as soon as I tell him it is installed. We are doing nothing until everything is installed.

gillumhouse said:
Great! You really moved forward on this. I'll bet it pays for itself the first year.
My PR guy called me today before I got the go ahead for the permit. He called to tell me all the magazines and newspapers he has lined up for the story - as soon as I tell him it is installed. We are doing nothing until everything is installed.
gillumhouse said:
Wow, great going.
My guy finally got in touch again, he spoke to our electrician and all is set to go forward. I am stoked

gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
Wow, great going.
My guy finally got in touch again, he spoke to our electrician and all is set to go forward. I am stoked
Iris said:
gillumhouse said:
Wow, great going.
So am I. Your charger will put me in range to visit you!

gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
Wow, great going.
Iris said:
gillumhouse said:
Wow, great going.
Mine will set you up to go a lot of places.

gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
Wow, great going.
Iris said:
gillumhouse said:
Wow, great going.
Innkeep said:
Iris said:
gillumhouse said:
Wow, great going.
Oh my gosh, I would love to charge you up and get you to the Sleeping Bear

Update: Dropped Himself at Doc, took guests to see the Log House. waved goodbye, and retrieved Himself. The electricians were very nice - other than checking out the breaker box, did everything possible to not disturb my guests, who were really cool about it. They remarked how "forward thinking you are to get this".
Tessie & Friend are now installed. The posts they supplied were LARGE, larger than I had anticipated, and require a cement pad. They were too large to fit in where I was going to put them. Rather than put them in the yard, they are literally "on the house".
AND tonight is our Independence Concert IF it does not rain. And IF it does not rain tonight, our aborted due to weather Band Picnic is tomorrow IF it does not rain.....
eTeslaChargernFriend-gillumhouse.JPG

Update: Dropped Himself at Doc, took guests to see the Log House. waved goodbye, and retrieved Himself. The electricians were very nice - other than checking out the breaker box, did everything possible to not disturb my guests, who were really cool about it. They remarked how "forward thinking you are to get this".
Tessie & Friend are now installed. The posts they supplied were LARGE, larger than I had anticipated, and require a cement pad. They were too large to fit in where I was going to put them. Rather than put them in the yard, they are literally "on the house".
AND tonight is our Independence Concert IF it does not rain. And IF it does not rain tonight, our aborted due to weather Band Picnic is tomorrow IF it does not rain.....
Kathleen, Congrats!!!
I know you're in a hurry today, but remember to plug the business end of the Tesla charger into the hole for it under the coiled cord on the holder to protect the charger and keep it dry.

Very nice installation! Now promote promote promote. As you saw today, this impresses guests who don't even have electric vehicles. Makes you seem up to date.
I'll be watching for you to show up on the destination charging web page, and in my car's navigation system!

Very nice installation! Now promote promote promote. As you saw today, this impresses guests who don't even have electric vehicles. Makes you seem up to date.
I'll be watching for you to show up on the destination charging web page, and in my car's navigation system!.
Arks said:
promote promote promote.
I don't think there will be any problem on that front. She has already whipped her PR guy into a frenzy.

What is that thing on the right, in the picture?

To the right of my meter is a 240V EV Universal Charger. It is there for all those poor people who do not have a Tesla. Tesla gave me that too.

I noticed another innmate is getting this set up as well. Saw it posted on FB. What a gang!

To the right of my meter is a 240V EV Universal Charger. It is there for all those poor people who do not have a Tesla. Tesla gave me that too.
gillumhouse said:
May I ask what your out of pocket cost was to have this installed?

gillumhouse said:
seashanty said:
gillumhouse said:
As of now, $25 for the building permit. We did NOT use the posts so now I have to find out If I have to ship them back or if Tesla will do it. They were sooooo BIG and required a cement pad. We thought they would just require a post hole cemented in.

We are on the map as of last week and have 2 Tesla reservations for the next week - I ask that they tell me so I can reserve charger for first res made.
I may need a second station ... but have a 6kW outlet as a back up.

Latest posts

Back