Tesla Destination Charging

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are on the map as of last week and have 2 Tesla reservations for the next week - I ask that they tell me so I can reserve charger for first res made.
I may need a second station ... but have a 6kW outlet as a back up..
Congrats

We are on the map as of last week and have 2 Tesla reservations for the next week - I ask that they tell me so I can reserve charger for first res made.
Tom said:
We are on the map as of last week and have 2 Tesla reservations for the next week.
How did you know they're Tesla reservations? You spoke with them, or did it come through your reservation system?

Tom said:
We are on the map as of last week and have 2 Tesla reservations for the next week.
How did you know they're Tesla reservations? You spoke with them, or did it come through your reservation system?
Arks said:
Our innsit last week had its first Tesla reservation; unfortunately the charger gave an error on the connection. Fortunately the guest had charged during the day so had enough juice to get home. The owners will have to get it checked out this week.
We also had three phone calls about through-chargers, which the Inn is offering for a $15 service fee. Not a single one showed up (in retrospect, that was a good thing) but only one of the three called to say they wouldn't be there, after giving us a timeframe which of course, tied us down in the afternoon. I've suggested to the owner that she will need a process for a Tesla-only 'reservation' so she's not stuck waiting for no-shows in the future. Some folks in heavily populated areas are keeping the chargers off at the breaker until they have a guest in house to avoid unreserved charges.

Tom said:
Arks said:
Our innsit last week had its first Tesla reservation; unfortunately the charger gave an error on the connection. Fortunately the guest had charged during the day so had enough juice to get home. The owners will have to get it checked out this week.
We also had three phone calls about through-chargers, which the Inn is offering for a $15 service fee. Not a single one showed up (in retrospect, that was a good thing) but only one of the three called to say they wouldn't be there, after giving us a timeframe which of course, tied us down in the afternoon. I've suggested to the owner that she will need a process for a Tesla-only 'reservation' so she's not stuck waiting for no-shows in the future. Some folks in heavily populated areas are keeping the chargers off at the breaker until they have a guest in house to avoid unreserved charges.
muirford said:
Some folks in heavily populated areas are keeping the chargers off at the breaker until they have a guest in house to avoid unreserved charges.
Yes, something will need to be worked out for this. Ideally some way that only people with a keypad code can get a charge, so you can control it. As the electric car population grows, there will be more and more demand for charging.

Tom said:
Arks said:
muirford said:
Some folks in heavily populated areas are keeping the chargers off at the breaker until they have a guest in house to avoid unreserved charges.
Yes, something will need to be worked out for this. Ideally some way that only people with a keypad code can get a charge, so you can control it. As the electric car population grows, there will be more and more demand for charging.
Ideally, if the charger had an inside switch or circuit breaker.
Also, unauthorized use would be at minimum, trespassing and potentially, theft of service. Posting that might have some value.

Tom said:
Arks said:
muirford said:
Also, unauthorized use would be at minimum, trespassing and potentially, theft of service. Posting that might have some value.
Ah, because signs have made theft and trespass stop completely and no one has a sense of entitlement any more.
I saw a man trying to walk off with a 25kg plant from in front of my neighbour's house one day.... a plant!

Tom said:
Arks said:
ou know they're Tesla reservations? You spoke with them, or did it come through your reservation system?
P.S. They called and said they found us on the map. As did the through-chargers. Since they all want to know if the unit will be available for them and reserved, I think they will generally call.

Tom said:
Arks said:
ou know they're Tesla reservations? You spoke with them, or did it come through your reservation system?
P.S. They called and said they found us on the map. As did the through-chargers. Since they all want to know if the unit will be available for them and reserved, I think they will generally call.
muirford said:
Since they all want to know if the unit will be available for them and reserved, I think they will generally call.
I agree. The main reason they're staying to charge. That will be a great way to monitor how many rooms are filled because of installing the charger(s).

Tom said:
Arks said:
muirford said:
We will have to move our car for them to use it.

Tom said:
Arks said:
muirford said:
Ah, because signs have made theft and trespass stop completely and no one has a sense of entitlement any more.
I saw a man trying to walk off with a 25kg plant from in front of my neighbour's house one day.... a plant!
signs have a partial deterrent value.
It makes it clear that you go after people, not "help yourself."

Yahoooooo,
Got the quote in today, Ben called and said it all looks just fine. We'll be receiving the chargers in a week
regular_smile.gif

This would have never happened, had I not been a member here - thank you, thank you, thank you

Yahoooooo,
Got the quote in today, Ben called and said it all looks just fine. We'll be receiving the chargers in a week
regular_smile.gif

This would have never happened, had I not been a member here - thank you, thank you, thank you.
Iris said:
This would have never happened, had I not been a member here - thank you, thank you, thank you
Yes, Innspiring innkeepers are almost always ahead of the curve.

Tom, It looks nice. Afraid I do not have such lovely scenery - we are in town. I see you did not use the posts either. Next week I will contact UPS about shipping the posts back - I NEED to get them off my porch. My wallet is cringing at what the freight is going to be.
NOTE to all looking to get the chargers: The posts they sent were very large squares that must be put in a deep cement base. Tom's mount or what we ended up doing (mounting on the house) works nicely without detracting.

Hey Tom - Tell us that Tesla belonged to an overnight guest who stayed with you because of the charger. Has it really happened? I'm very excited for you.
PS I think your utility building looks very nice.
heart.gif

Great Tom! It's amazing to see how fast the fish find the crumbs tossed into the water. To paraphrase Field of Dreams, build it and they will come!

I like it very much. Do tell, is this yours or a guest's car? sexy
I am planning a similar installation, only on my chicken coop. No one laugh please, because the coop looks just exactly like one of my little cottages, complete with little window, door and flower box ;)

Great Tom! It's amazing to see how fast the fish find the crumbs tossed into the water. To paraphrase Field of Dreams, build it and they will come!.
Arks said:
Great Tom! It's amazing to see how fast the fish find the crumbs tossed into the water. To paraphrase Field of Dreams, build it and they will come!
But only if you tell them it is there

Latest posts

Back