Test your webervations - mine is not connecting and a guest just called to book from it! 10.02.09 315pm)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben Wrote: and according to our support team in Ohio no one has called in to complain of access problems (and with the number of innkeepers on Webervations -- believe me when I say our phones would be lighting up!). That's not to say there isn't a problem -- but it seems that it may be localized to just a few folks
I couldn't call as I could not even get to B&B.com.
Jo:
You couldn't get to the BedandBreakfast.com website either? If that was the case, I would say it's very likely related to some internet outage which affected your ability access to our websites. We host all of our websites from the same location.
We have not tracked any outages today for any of our sites, which again makes me think it is localized to certain folks.
-Ben
blittler said:
Jo:
You couldn't get to the BedandBreakfast.com website either? If that was the case, I would say it's very likely related to some internet outage which affected your ability access to our websites. We host all of our websites from the same location.
We have not tracked any outages today for any of our sites, which again makes me think it is localized to certain folks.
-Ben
Thanks Ben. Yes I believe something broke along the way - my I.T. dept here was going to trouble shoot it and was urgently redirected to a clogged toilet or some other pressing issue.
wink_smile.gif
Just kidding, I told him not to worry about it, Webervations has been 5 9's.

I just called webervations and left a message. I have several areas on my website that people can access to get my calendar. On the left side of all of my pages is a "check availability area with the date, number of nights & submit button. When using this function, it brings you to my calendar. The x's on the calendar show my accurate availability, but when you click on the button to make a reservation, the next screen is inaccurate! I click on tomorrows date which shows no x's for 2 rooms, but when you click on the radio button, it takes you to the screen that says I have no availability.
Here's the strange thing....when you go to any of my rooms and access Webervations from the room pages, everything is fine. I click on the radio button and it has the accurate information.
Help! I need this fixed!

I just called webervations and left a message. I have several areas on my website that people can access to get my calendar. On the left side of all of my pages is a "check availability area with the date, number of nights & submit button. When using this function, it brings you to my calendar. The x's on the calendar show my accurate availability, but when you click on the button to make a reservation, the next screen is inaccurate! I click on tomorrows date which shows no x's for 2 rooms, but when you click on the radio button, it takes you to the screen that says I have no availability.
Here's the strange thing....when you go to any of my rooms and access Webervations from the room pages, everything is fine. I click on the radio button and it has the accurate information.
Help! I need this fixed!.
What is your website URL, and what is your Webervations booking URL?
Also, when you log in to your Webervations account, does the availability look correct there or not? That is the first place I would check for sure.

Hello everyone, Ben here, I'm the product manager for RezOvation and I work closely with the Webervations development and support teams. I just noticed this post and wanted to respond. We have not had any issues at all today (we monitor every part of the system 24/7 so we know the second there is downtime), and according to our support team in Ohio no one has called in to complain of access problems (and with the number of innkeepers on Webervations -- believe me when I say our phones would be lighting up!). That's not to say there isn't a problem -- but it seems that it may be localized to just a few folks.
My best guess is that there was some DNS (domain name) or other internet related issue that affected your access to Webervations. This can be caused by any number of things, including problems with your local ISP, with the "backbone" that your ISP connects to (which is basically a larger ISP that connects your local ISP to the world), etc. When this sort of thing happens, some sites may work, and others may not. Even the internet can break down some times!
If you are still having issues -- and in particular to Breakfast Diva who appears to be having problems with incorrect availability -- I would suggest that you contact our friendly support team in Ohio so that they can look at your specific account. They can be reached at 740-380-3807 or [email protected], and they'll be around until 7p EST today (it's 6pm now).
Hope this helps.
- Ben (Director of Product Management, RezOvation / Webervations)

9:15 p.m., mine seems to be working.
Thanks for checking on me Jo... I would never have known it was down, which I'm sure is why the Webervations phones have not been lit up.
=/
Kk.

I'm very frustrated and not happy with Webervations! My problem is still not fixed! Not only did I call them before the close of business yesterday, but I also wrote an offline e-mail. Today it's still not fixed, so I just called and of course their voice mail says their business hours are Mon-Friday. I left another message just now and we'll see what happens over the weekend. GREAT!

I'm very frustrated and not happy with Webervations! My problem is still not fixed! Not only did I call them before the close of business yesterday, but I also wrote an offline e-mail. Today it's still not fixed, so I just called and of course their voice mail says their business hours are Mon-Friday. I left another message just now and we'll see what happens over the weekend. GREAT!.
Breakfast Diva said:
I'm very frustrated and not happy with Webervations! My problem is still not fixed! Not only did I call them before the close of business yesterday, but I also wrote an offline e-mail. Today it's still not fixed, so I just called and of course their voice mail says their business hours are Mon-Friday. I left another message just now and we'll see what happens over the weekend. GREAT!
You can always send me a private message. Ben asked to get information to investigate this, did you send to him? He is usually pretty good about following-up. If you send me a private email I can investigate as well. As Ben mentioned before, nothing was wrong on our end. The other issue posted here was an ISP's own domain name server working incorrectly - clearly something beyond our control.
Believe it or not, over half of all support calls we get wind up either being an ISP problem, a PC problem, a webmaster issue (made a change, messed up a link), etc.

I'm very frustrated and not happy with Webervations! My problem is still not fixed! Not only did I call them before the close of business yesterday, but I also wrote an offline e-mail. Today it's still not fixed, so I just called and of course their voice mail says their business hours are Mon-Friday. I left another message just now and we'll see what happens over the weekend. GREAT!.
Breakfast Diva said:
You can always send me a private message. Ben asked to get information to investigate this, did you send to him? He is usually pretty good about following-up. If you send me a private email I can investigate as well. As Ben mentioned before, nothing was wrong on our end. The other issue posted here was an ISP's own domain name server working incorrectly - clearly something beyond our control.
Believe it or not, over half of all support calls we get wind up either being an ISP problem, a PC problem, a webmaster issue (made a change, messed up a link), etc.
I wanted to let everyone know that the issue has been resolved! As John stated "Believe it or not, over half of all support calls we get wind up either being an ISP problem, a PC problem, a webmaster issue (made a change, messed up a link), etc. "
My problem happened to be a webmaster/host issue and NOT Webervations.
I appreciate both Ben and John figuring out what the issue was, explaining it to me and now I can take care of the issue with my webmaster/host.
I also want to thank both Ben & John for participating in this forum!

Breakfast Diva said:
I wanted to let everyone know that the issue has been resolved! As John stated "Believe it or not, over half of all support calls we get wind up either being an ISP problem, a PC problem, a webmaster issue (made a change, messed up a link), etc. "
My problem happened to be a webmaster/host issue and NOT Webervations.
I appreciate both Ben and John figuring out what the issue was, explaining it to me and now I can take care of the issue with my webmaster/host.
I also want to thank both Ben & John for participating in this forum!
Glad you got this solved. All too often we want to jump on someone and not knowing all the technical issues going on out there we are clueless. It's nice to have someone let you know. I know I am usually the first person my clients call when their website is down. I guess they think I know the answer. I send them on to the hosting company :) It is usally an ISP problem.

BD just hope it was not going on too long, glad you caught it and rectified it!

Back