Today's tally

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It must be the latest 'thing'. Again today we went to strip a room that had a soaking mattress pad. Pretty much wet the full length of a standard-sized adult. Pillow wet, too. I'm guessing they shower, don't dry off and just hop into bed. But it would have to be in the morning or they slept in that wet bed all night..
Could be night sweats. I have heard that they are awful - and soggy.
Could be. Right age. Just odd that it was 2 weeks in a row and never before. And that's our target mkt...that age group.
Morticia said:
Could be. Right age. Just odd that it was 2 weeks in a row and never before. And that's our target mkt...that age group.
OK.........what age group ?...........male, female ?
One Day said:
Morticia said:
You don't get out much, do you?
wink_smile.gif
Female, 50+, give or take. Menopausal night sweats are a bear.
Morticia said:
One Day said:
Morticia said:
You don't get out much, do you?
wink_smile.gif
Female, 50+, give or take. Menopausal night sweats are a bear.
LOL........yeah........I suppose
I had thought this pertained to women.........however........I've had night sweats in the past......some times still do......pillow is damp, bottom sheet is damp around the chest area.
I haven't slept under cover for 20 years that I can remember. Occassionaly during the winter.....it's a constant battle, my turning down the heat. Others turning it up.
One Day wrote: I haven't slept under cover for 20 years that I can remember. Occassionaly during the winter.....it's a constant battle, my turning down the heat. Others turning it up.What about placing a small (desk top size) fans near your side of the bed. Some of our guests do this and seem a little embarrassed when bringing it in and tell us 'I'm always hot, (s)he's always cold' fan takes care of the problem.
We had and still have...fans in each guest room closet. So many commented how wonderful it was to have that. Even though the house is air conditioned...white noise also.
so have you heard the latest? 1 out of 4 couples now sleeps in separate bedrooms...not because they aren't in love with their spouse any longer..but that one of them either snores, is a light sleeper and just want to get a good nights sleep.
kiss.gif

We have one repeat couple that do sleep in seperate beds when here, seperate rooms at home. This last visit they needed to book on a night that we only had one room left, a room with only 1 queen bed. The next morning when asked if they slept alright the huband said (in a very pleasent way) well it was as good as it can get when we share. Then went on to really 'sell' the idea of seperate beds/rooms to my DH.

NK!
I say that here all the time, if we get a way I want my own bed, getting away means sleeping...ahhhh the thought of it!
We booked our next state park cabin getaway with three bedrooms. Seriously.
He/she who snores always falls asleep first. ALWAYS.

NK!
I say that here all the time, if we get a way I want my own bed, getting away means sleeping...ahhhh the thought of it!
We booked our next state park cabin getaway with three bedrooms. Seriously.
He/she who snores always falls asleep first. ALWAYS..
Yeah I am the guilty one here.Ok I will be the brave one and say it first. I can't fall asleep unless it is totally dark and quiet. And when I do...I do the snoring...but he usually sleeps through it.I am also guilty of "hogging" the bed and covers, tossing and turning etc
We have had to because of our different surgeries over the past couple of years. But when we travel...we do share the same bed....I just take a sleeping pill :)

Back