Towel Origami

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's directions online if you google. I just don't have the time for it and my towels are thick too. We barely have time to turn the rooms!
Riki

Please don't. That is a cruise ship niche. Unless you have a small child stay there, then they would think it clever.

I want to say Grey Swan does this.
I really think it's a nice touch ... agree it's the cruise ship mentality, but a nice touch.

Google towel orgami in google images, there are some really clever ones. Lots of books on it too.
When I stayed at Swept Away in Jamaica, they made swans of the towels and sprikled petals all over them.

With my OCD, I would spend forever getting it perfect, and then be resentful when guests took them apart to use them....

I make towel elephants when we have an extra guest that is around 17 or below. Each guest room has two sets of towels hanging, but when we set up the futon or fold-out bed then we fold them up and put them on them. (For an older extra guest I make a pocket and a fan with the towels and put them on the spare bed.)
I learned it by doing google searches and watching youtube videos.
We had two young men (17-19) stay (a son and his friend) with their parents all in one room, and I made the elephants. I told them at breakfast that I knew they were too old for them but I made them anyway since I couldn't resist. The son looked at me and said, "Oh no, we're not too old for them!"
If you don't take children, then maybe not, but if you do (as we do), then it's a nice touch for kids that says you did something special just for them.
=)
Kk.

there are some threads from maybe a year ago on here ...
about toilet paper origami (hysterical)
but also NAPKIN folding.
being a bed and breakfast, to have fun napkin shapes and centerpieces on the table is i think a nice and interesting thing to do IF you have the time.
during lobster festival time, i admit to making the towels into lobsters for new check-ins. and i put the festival brochure with the lobster towels ... sitting on the end of the bed. guests got a kick out of it. i found the instructions on youtube by googling towel animals.

there are some threads from maybe a year ago on here ...
about toilet paper origami (hysterical)
but also NAPKIN folding.
being a bed and breakfast, to have fun napkin shapes and centerpieces on the table is i think a nice and interesting thing to do IF you have the time.
during lobster festival time, i admit to making the towels into lobsters for new check-ins. and i put the festival brochure with the lobster towels ... sitting on the end of the bed. guests got a kick out of it. i found the instructions on youtube by googling towel animals..
D. does fold breakfast napkins into fun shapes, and always the ladies want him to show them how to do it!

Google towel orgami in google images, there are some really clever ones. Lots of books on it too.
When I stayed at Swept Away in Jamaica, they made swans of the towels and sprikled petals all over them..
Loved our stay at Swept Away a few years ago!

hello innkeeping. 'j' did you just join?
welcome.gif

I have a book. No time to really do it, but I do try to fold the bath mats differently every day for multiple night stays - fans, flag, shell, etc.

I have mastered the art of toilet paper origami. For those of you who are wondering....yes...I can do the fan
wink_smile.gif
. Not that a guest has ever said anything about it though
sad_smile.gif

I have mastered the art of toilet paper origami. For those of you who are wondering....yes...I can do the fan
wink_smile.gif
. Not that a guest has ever said anything about it though
sad_smile.gif
So someone made the point the other day about 'grossing out' thinking about someone who spent time folding and "touching" their TP in different shapes.
I think it looks very nice and shows people you care about how things look.
If it grosses them out....They can just tear it off...they don't have to use that first one sheet or two :)

I think this was on another thread, but same gist...Ya know what grosses me out? Well it is not really gross, just perturbes me...When you stay at a hotel every time no matter where it is, you pull a tissue out of the in-sink tissue holder (you know the metal front type) and it is always the last one!

I think this was on another thread, but same gist...Ya know what grosses me out? Well it is not really gross, just perturbes me...When you stay at a hotel every time no matter where it is, you pull a tissue out of the in-sink tissue holder (you know the metal front type) and it is always the last one!.
Jo Bloggs said:
I think this was on another thread, but same gist...Ya know what grosses me out? Well it is not really gross, just perturbes me...When you stay at a hotel every time no matter where it is, you pull a tissue out of the in-sink tissue holder (you know the metal front type) and it is always the last one!
The thing that perturbs me when staying in a hotel is they never give you enought luggage racks.
I hate to set my bags on the floor or on a bed = yuck to both.

I think this was on another thread, but same gist...Ya know what grosses me out? Well it is not really gross, just perturbes me...When you stay at a hotel every time no matter where it is, you pull a tissue out of the in-sink tissue holder (you know the metal front type) and it is always the last one!.
Jo Bloggs said:
The thing that perturbs me when staying in a hotel is they never give you enought luggage racks.
I hate to set my bags on the floor or on a bed = yuck to both.
I agree you would think they would have 2 in a room..guess you could ask for another. I never did. I think some hotels have those combo dresser/ luggage space kinds of furniture so you wouldn't need a luggage rack in that case. The first thing my husband does is unpack and put all his clothes in the drawers!!! UGH to that for me! Some barely clean the rooms, I am sure they don't take time to clean out drawers and disenfect. My stuff stays in my suitcase.

Back