Urban B&B - Please Help / Guests not happy with neighborhood

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cambes people complain about parking EVERYWHERE. If they could just flippin' park in their rooms they would finally be happy! Our parking area has a gate, you walk through the gate and 20 paces up onto the porch around the porch to the front door.
I park FURTHER so the guests have the best parking, and haul in armload after armload of groceries and gallons of milk and bags of potatoes...all the time. People are people, if they don't have something to fuss about they might as well be dead..
I would screw them with the parking you have to be there every day and haul groceries every day there are only a few days and can lump it (I know this is not very customer service but we have to look after ourselves to. I think of it this way I am saving the space for people that really need it for example an old frail couple who havn't told me can then have it. (that's what I tell myself anyway)

We use our website to VERY CAREFULLY AND EXPLICITLY manage expectations. We don't use a booking service because, thankfully, we have great direct traffic to our site and, frankly, it's difficult for us to manage expectations through a third party service. If we had less web traffic we might reconsider, but for the time being that is how we get around this - lots of photos, lots of testimonials, and repeating key messages in multiple places on the website.

RpWiki welcome to the forum!
You nearly brought a tear to my eye, I should let you know right now. If I think of it too much there will be more than one tear.
Our family fished right there every year as long as I can remember. The worst trip ever was the typical heavy fog and I was lost in the drift wood for like 14 hours solid, I was about 5. They had the search and rescue out for me. I ruined the whole trip, apparently, I can recall that time even though I was so young. My Dad has a couple photo albums full of photos from The Klamath. Every single year we camped at The Klamath and fished and spent time as a family.
All the best with your business! Love the website, love the personal type information. :)
(PS one note, amenities has ONE M. I see it on navigation bar and on the rooms page left side)

RpWiki welcome to the forum!
You nearly brought a tear to my eye, I should let you know right now. If I think of it too much there will be more than one tear.
Our family fished right there every year as long as I can remember. The worst trip ever was the typical heavy fog and I was lost in the drift wood for like 14 hours solid, I was about 5. They had the search and rescue out for me. I ruined the whole trip, apparently, I can recall that time even though I was so young. My Dad has a couple photo albums full of photos from The Klamath. Every single year we camped at The Klamath and fished and spent time as a family.
All the best with your business! Love the website, love the personal type information. :)
(PS one note, amenities has ONE M. I see it on navigation bar and on the rooms page left side).
I'd like to say it's part of a clever SEO strategy to misspell everything! Sadly...not. I hate to make people cry, but that's a great story. We have a lot of people coming back to the area who have spent countless childhoods fishing on the Klamath. With my wife's family's association to the area we HAD to buy the Inn when it came up for sale. Please drop by one day - fall season opens shortly ;-)

Thanks, probably won't be in the area for a long while, we live on the east coast now. Appreciate the invite.
I didn't read your website more than a glance and saw that extra M's, so figured it would be worth mentioning. Clever is indeed a word for you website, I just love it. The other memory of your area is picking blackberries and eating blackberry pies. Keep up the good work! I have rel's in Northern CA and will recommend for sure!

There is a small town that has a lovely main street and I happened to meet the owners of a B&B from there who stayed with us prior to their opening. They spent years renovating this historic home. There are a couple draws I could see right away nearby for guests to stay there.
I was in the area so decided I should drive through their town, I got off the interstate and into their historic district and main street community I went! I saw the revitalization, the shops, the theatre, then their B&B, cute & quaint right in town... I did a loop and saw a sign for the interstate just 3 blocks from downtown vs the 3 miles off the highway I had come.
I say, Oh good! I will get on right here! As I am driving toward it I see razor wire and guard towers! What the! Goosebumps begin to form. It is a facility for the criminally insane. Not the insane, not just criminals, the criminally insane.
I got the creeps let me tell you!! You know those poor innkeepers must do all within their power to get guests to take the OTHER exit off the interstate. You know they get on their GPS and scoot in past this psycho-killer-ward anyway.
I felt very bad for them. I wondered why on earth they would want a B&B in that particular town? I am sure the economy is driven by this institution, as well as the local work force.
So all that to say...things could be worse. Wonder if they have a keypad on that front door? They might actually get most of their clientele from those visiting the ward there, I am not going to ask of course.

Back