Vaccinated Guest or Non-Vaccinated Guests?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SS and Morticia - you both have had a lot to handle in the last couple years. So terribly sorry that there is nothing that can be said or done to have helped you through it. Hugs is the only thing I can offer.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Morticia, that ordeal sounds horrible. I’m so sorry.

yeah, it stunk. however, being the people we are we have made good use of the stories to amuse our friends. the usps guy who delivered the urn to us in a box with about 27 labels that said ‘cremated remains’? Priceless.

An Old Tavernkeeper

Reaction score
Each innkeeper has to decide what THEY are comfortable with. I have not and will not inquire about shots. It is, as far as I am concerned, not my business. Supposedly, those who have had the shot are protected. If you are protected, whether anyone else is or not does not matter - you have taken care of YOU. You are your responsibility and everyone else is responsible for themselves.
It really depends on where you live, the applicable laws and what your insurance carrier has as a policy.

But gillumhouse gives excellent advice. Stay out of other people's medical backgrounds, it could cause you more trouble than the information you get by asking.

We have been warned by our insurer that we may not ask for vaccine information in Virginia because asking ANY medical information is considered a violation of their civil rights and we are not covered for any losses if they do sue us and win. If we win they will not cover legal fees. Virginia Health Department Guidelines currently gives us a little poster that says "Masks are required for unvaccinated patrons". Our insurer said we put that on all entrances and that covers us legally. Other than, because of medical privacy laws, that we should have no interactions with guests that can be construed as asking them for medical information and if we were to ask for proof of vaccine our policy is terminated.

Since everyone in my household has had Covid AND had the vaccine, there is no danger to us. A couple of months ago people used to volunteer the info in the parking lot before going in, now no one says a word about it. So at this point, especially with the vaccine available at the Wegmans by walking up to the counter with no appointment, I have to think if anyone shows up that isn't vaccinated that the only people they are endangering is themselves.

KenW

Reaction score
Our pre-arrival message says masks are optional. Majority of our guests are from lower 48 and once they see we are mask less theirs come off never to be seen again.

Arks

Reaction score
You were in my neck of the woods! Astoria and Clatsop County...Did you have any favorite places you visited in the area? I always ask so I know what is currently popular with guests.
We were on the American Cruise Lines ship, so pretty much confined to their bus and the ship. We enjoyed the Columbia River Maritime Museum, which was right beside where we docked, but otherwise were bused through town to Ft. Clatsop and Cape Disappointment State Park. Didn't really get out into the town, but we want to go back someday and spend more time.

The ship's crew kept suggesting we walk across the street to Bowpicker Fish and Chips, but we were there on Memorial Day and it was closed.