Want to hear about RESNEXUS

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was with ResNexus for over two years and pretty much loved it. Had to switch away because the system was no longer compatible with the credit card system I use now. Service is great. Website integration is beautiful and easy for customers to use. Really miss that aspect of their system.

I am doing some research this morning and I am passing along this link.
I hope I did it right
http://resnexus.com/pricing/comparison.html.
I am not so good with the copy and paste, but I spent some time this morning looking at both programs. I use REZ GT and am considering RESNEX.
The cost is very similar and once you clear through all the hype, some things have become clearer. These are just my opinions.
Res Nexus looks better online. They have a better corporate attitude. They are growing and continue to update their product. It frees you from your personal computer.
Rez GT is more customizable. It is a product you can use on your own. The company is much larger. They have frequent updates.
What I do know is that my current situation with REZ GT is the not very good. What I wanted to do was to stay on the old plan that I signed up for and get occasional help on a per incident basis. When I tried to do that, it was a big mystery for us and the support folks.
We're leaning towards NEXUS. If we switch, I'll let you know how it goes.
It frees you from your personal computer.
This is true, and is both a blessing and a curse. Our opening weekend in 2003 was just before the big Northeast power outage. We had SuperInn which was all web based like Resnexus so we were pretty much cutoof and unprepared....after that we always made sure we had printouts of everything just in case.
In my experience with a variety of the systems, none are ideal. Its just a matter of finding the one that fits a given innkeeper's unique needs most.
We have been thinking about what is it comes down to is whether you can use the software, because it doesn't matter about the online action. If the power is out and there is no internet, neither system is updateable. When we have lost service (rare) RezGT is just as frustrating because you can't synchronize.
Couldn't you use a SmartPhone to login to get around any kind of power outage until the power/ home system is available again? Assuming your phone is charged and outage doesn't last very long...
I don't know what I could have done five years ago. I think we still had a flip phone back then.

Spent a year with ResNexus. Overall, a good booking engine. (We are an inn with over 15 rooms). Costs a bit more, but fairly well set up. We decided to leave for a few reasons including: Couldn't integrate with our merchant processor, no wait list option, tape chart does not show the room status if clean/dirty - you have to use a different screen, inconsistent updating of the DAY when printing HK reports, no record of who made changes to reservation or room status (hard to determine mistakes or oversights).

We are on Resnexus 4 years. This spring we considered changing to a popular, cheaper program, but didn't like the way it worked for our style and did not switch. Resnexus is responsive, professional, pretty effective interface. That said, it is expensive, and there are some features we need (and request), but it never gets to.

Wow, you dug down 5 years to find this post form 2009! Like a walk down memory lane.

Wow, you dug down 5 years to find this post form 2009! Like a walk down memory lane..
Somebody found it, but it is a relevant topic to all of us.
Tom said:
Somebody found it, but it is a relevant topic to all of us.
This type of topic is perhaps a good one to revisit once in a while to see if there have been any changes/updates in systems. If we go year-after-year with the same old, we never know about the new stuff - as in RezKey a few years ago. Thank you JB for finding it.

Back