Webervations lack of V Code

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jo Bloggs said:
So tell me again why we cannot access the vcode on webervations? Because it is required to make the reservation but not to be held in the system?
My mother-daughter guests just came to check out and she did not have her credit card. She said "I thought we already paid for it when I gave you the credit card details online?" I told her that was to hold the room, not pay for them (which of course my policies state clearly).
She had put in her husband's credit card details, I have no vcode on file. I have no credit card to swipe. Do I trust them? I guess I have to, don't I.
I am not very pleased and hope I don't get stuck with a high fee,
I am still confused over this. For many years I have taken reservations using credit cards with expiration dates and cvv codes.
So my question is :
Is it or is it not illegal to take the C V V code during a reservation and keep it on file with the reservation?.
The Farmers Daughter said:
Jo Bloggs said:
So tell me again why we cannot access the vcode on webervations? Because it is required to make the reservation but not to be held in the system?
My mother-daughter guests just came to check out and she did not have her credit card. She said "I thought we already paid for it when I gave you the credit card details online?" I told her that was to hold the room, not pay for them (which of course my policies state clearly).
She had put in her husband's credit card details, I have no vcode on file. I have no credit card to swipe. Do I trust them? I guess I have to, don't I.
I am still confused over this. For many years I have taken reservations using credit cards with expiration dates and cvv codes.
So my question is :
Is it or is it not illegal to take the C V V code during a reservation and keep it on file with the reservation?
It is completely legal to take it - but it cannot be stored in any way. If it is taken - it must be used only to process immediately (i.e. you key it in your terminal, or a software product transmits it to the processor right away and does not store it).
John,
I'm using RezOvation 2004.5.6 Are you saying that I need to go back and remove all credit card information from thousands of reservations stored in the program????
Breakfast Diva said:
John,
I'm using RezOvation 2004.5.6 Are you saying that I need to go back and remove all credit card information from thousands of reservations stored in the program????
You should have an auto purge button. My pc software has it. My online does it automatically.
Rezovation does have the ability to purge or automatically removed it...I'm just not if the 2004 version of has it.

Jo Bloggs said:
So my question is :
Is it or is it not illegal to take the C V V code during a reservation and keep it on file with the reservation?.
Jo Bloggs said:
So my question is :
Is it or is it not illegal to take the C V V code during a reservation and keep it on file with the reservation?
It is completely legal to take it - but it cannot be stored in any way. If it is taken - it must be used only to process immediately (i.e. you key it in your terminal, or a software product transmits it to the processor right away and does not store it).
JBanczak said:
Jo Bloggs said:
So my question is :
I still take some reservations on paper. ie:
Date
Room
Duration of Stay
Name
Address
Phone
Credit card: 5424 - xxxx-xxxx-xxxx X 10/09 (123)
These go in a file and eventually get shredded. Is that still a no no?

Jo Bloggs said:
So my question is :
Jo Bloggs said:
So my question is :
John,
Breakfast Diva said:
John,
You should have an auto purge button. My pc software has it. My online does it automatically.
Rezovation does have the ability to purge or automatically removed it...I'm just not if the 2004 version of has it.
I've checked in all the help files and can't find any info to delete this info.

Back