What's the weirdest (or worst) thing you've made yourself?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YOu know what I really fancy? Angel Delight! (if you don't have it in the USA think instant packet dessert sort of like really thick custard in various flavours!).
Jcam said:
YOu know what I really fancy? Angel Delight! (if you don't have it in the USA think instant packet dessert sort of like really thick custard in various flavours!)
Oh my, I haven't had angel delight for years.
Which reminds me of a fav. dessert my Mum used to make when we were kids. She'd make up a packet jelly (jello) with 1/2 pint water (instead of a pint). Then she'd get a small can of evaporated milk and whip it up till it was thick and fluffy, mix the two together, pour into a jelly mold then put in the fridge to set.
When you turn it out the milk and jelly separate, so you get a clear jelly on top and a flavoured mousse on the bottom.
I'm going to have to make that today now.
teeth_smile.gif

Take a picture of that jello mold. I want to see what it looks like!
Morticia said:
Note... she wants to see the mould... not the jelly :)
Generic said:
Morticia said:
The finished product. I know what a mold looks like!
Morticia said:
Generic said:
Morticia said:
The finished product. I know what a mold looks like!
I didn't have a tin of evap today, I'll get one in the week and make one

YOu know what I really fancy? Angel Delight! (if you don't have it in the USA think instant packet dessert sort of like really thick custard in various flavours!).
Jcam said:
YOu know what I really fancy? Angel Delight! (if you don't have it in the USA think instant packet dessert sort of like really thick custard in various flavours!)
Which reminds me of a fav. dessert my Mum used to make when we were kids. She'd make up a packet jelly (jello) with 1/2 pint water (instead of a pint). Then she'd get a small can of evaporated milk and whip it up till it was thick and fluffy, mix the two together, pour into a jelly mold then put in the fridge to set.
When you turn it out the milk and jelly separate, so you get a clear jelly on top and a flavoured mousse on the bottom.
teeth_smile.gif

Check out this site you will get the idea
https://jellomoldmistress.com/category/sweetenedcondensedmilk/page/2/

Jcam said:
teeth_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
That is creepier than that snake wreath. Ewww! I was thinking it would look different. Jello is weird to me anyway. Unless it is cut in cubes. Then I can deal with it.

Jcam said:
teeth_smile.gif

Is that Mormon hell?
Spooky-Mormon-Hell-Dream-The-Book-of-Mormon.jpg

Jcam said:
teeth_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
That is creepier than that snake wreath. Ewww! I was thinking it would look different. Jello is weird to me anyway. Unless it is cut in cubes. Then I can deal with it.
I agree. I NEVER eat the stuff...I think because my mom feed it to us so much.I think it is gross. Had to eat it when I was sick so another thing against it :-(

Jcam said:
teeth_smile.gif

No...ew that's not right. It's evaporated milk not condensed.
Now because of you people I've had to go to the supermarket for jelly and evaporated milk, and make one. And now it's made I'm going to have to eat it.
jelly_whip.jpg

Jcam said:
teeth_smile.gif

Now because of you people I've had to go to the supermarket for jelly and evaporated milk, and make one. And now it's made I'm going to have to eat it.
jelly_whip.jpg

Looks better than the other! Interesting. What we do for our friends! Enjoy the treat.

Jcam said:
teeth_smile.gif

jelly_whip.jpg

Thank you for posting. Please tell me it tastes better than it looks. Really, I'm not picking on your culinary talents but that does not look appetizing at all.
Is it a cross between panna cotta and jello?
What does it taste like? Again, not picking, I'm just not able to taste that in my head.
And I feel like a heel for not saying it looks wonderful. But, hey, you know me! We can still be friends, right?!

Jcam said:
teeth_smile.gif

jelly_whip.jpg

Thank you for posting. Please tell me it tastes better than it looks. Really, I'm not picking on your culinary talents but that does not look appetizing at all.
What does it taste like? Again, not picking, I'm just not able to taste that in my head.
And I feel like a heel for not saying it looks wonderful. But, hey, you know me! We can still be friends, right?!
Morticia said:
It's probably because I used a black cherry jelly, so it's quite dark, not vibrant like a strawberry or lemon jelly. I was also in a rush so I didn't take much care to turn it out of the mold either. The top is just jelly, the bottom is like a firm mousse, but less creamy.
No offense taken.
thumbs_up.gif

Back