What's your take on 2 beds in a room?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my trouble is they always want the other option of what you've got ie we have just had home and gift 3 days of setting up people who all want twin rooms for 2 men, then all double rooms for single occupancy for 5 days then 2 days of twins again. If I could get a zip and link bed into every room I would - would save me a ton of bother!

We have two rooms that can sleep up to four. One has a Queen with built in bunks and one has a King with a trundle bed. Both of these rooms are popular, not only for families, but for people traveling together who don't want to share a bed, including spouses! Ha! I don't think it has ever been a negative for the guests, often they just use the extra bed to lay their belongings on or as a sofa. We don't advertise the extra beds as we prefer only double occupancy, but it is there as an option when people ask....
Older guy here with wife, daughter, SIL and grandkids said his daughter planned the whole vacation and we were one of the only b&b's that A) took kids and B) had two beds.
Said his daughter loves b&b's but had a tough time on this trip finding ones that could fit 3 in a room or let the older folks have two beds.
It's one reason I mention the two beds on our home page.
Madeleine said:
Older guy here with wife, daughter, SIL and grandkids said his daughter planned the whole vacation and we were one of the only b&b's that A) took kids and B) had two beds.
Said his daughter loves b&b's but had a tough time on this trip finding ones that could fit 3 in a room or let the older folks have two beds.
I think you need to keep track of when it rents with multiples. Is it when you would have been full anyway?

We have two rooms that can sleep up to four. One has a Queen with built in bunks and one has a King with a trundle bed. Both of these rooms are popular, not only for families, but for people traveling together who don't want to share a bed, including spouses! Ha! I don't think it has ever been a negative for the guests, often they just use the extra bed to lay their belongings on or as a sofa. We don't advertise the extra beds as we prefer only double occupancy, but it is there as an option when people ask....
Madeleine said:
I think you need to keep track of when it rents with multiples. Is it when you would have been full anyway?
Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
And would you believe...a guest leaving with husband asked about a room with two beds for a future trip to have a girlfriends getaway...
But, she also asked about a discount or specials and only one night. So there ya have it!

Madeleine said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
And would you believe...a guest leaving with husband asked about a room with two beds for a future trip to have a girlfriends getaway...
But, she also asked about a discount or specials and only one night. So there ya have it!
A discount for one night!! WHAT!!!! Give me a break.

Madeleine said:
We get most of our multiples in the summer... looking at college, family vacations, weddings. What I really need to know is how often are all the beds in use! One room will stay with 2 beds because the space is so awkward there's nothing to put in the empty space if I remove a bed. And there's no room for a king. Yes, the space is really awkward!

Madeleine said:
We get most of our multiples in the summer... looking at college, family vacations, weddings. What I really need to know is how often are all the beds in use! One room will stay with 2 beds because the space is so awkward there's nothing to put in the empty space if I remove a bed. And there's no room for a king. Yes, the space is really awkward!
I've got one of those awkward spaces too! An almost 700 sq ft suite, but the bedroom will only fit a queen bed because of windows and slanted ceiling. It seems crazy to have all that sq ft yet not be able to have a king.

Back