When B&B spam makes you laugh

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
This one made me chuckle.
the spammer said:
I wish to book Reservation for 3 couples that wish to spend their vacation
in your facility for a period of 10 days.
The couples would be arriving on the date of 1st April 2009,
Departure 14th April 2009. ...
In spamville only a 13 night stay could count as 10 days ;)

Well, of course, they will away for 3 days in the middle of their stay for an important scientific conference at the nearby university.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

haha
these are as amusing as the emails i get from online dating sites (yup, the truth is out - i'm cruising online for men!)
so i get an email from someone
''I like your face very muck.
I will happily move with your lactation.''
omg_smile.gif

Come on over! (not)

haha
these are as amusing as the emails i get from online dating sites (yup, the truth is out - i'm cruising online for men!)
omg_smile.gif

Come on over! (not).
seashanty said:
omg_smile.gif
Interesting pickup line
tounge_smile.gif

haha
omg_smile.gif

Come on over! (not).
No doubt what HE has in mind....

really an unfortunate language barrier issue ... i'm sure he meant location..... but it cracks me up every time i read it.
wink_smile.gif

Or the call I had yesterday from a temp agency asking "what I look for in my workers." She hung up laughing after I told her my workers were my two five year olds and myself...
=)
Kk.

haha kk
watch out for the child labor laws ...
seriously, a lady 'down the road' here in massachusetts was questioned by the state (massachusetts) because her 13 year old son was seen helping with the trash!! he is not an employee, she roared, he is doing his chores! this boy is not being worked in any way, shape or form. he goes to school and plays soccer and belongs to some computer game club. his chores consist of cleaning his room and helping his father bring the trash and recyleables to the transfer station. but she was 'warned' not to have him 'take out b&b trash.' i can't even begin to tell you how mad this made me.

haha kk
seriously, a lady 'down the road' here in massachusetts was questioned by the state (massachusetts) because her 13 year old son was seen helping with the trash!! he is not an employee, she roared, he is doing his chores! this boy is not being worked in any way, shape or form. he goes to school and plays soccer and belongs to some computer game club. his chores consist of cleaning his room and helping his father bring the trash and recyleables to the transfer station. but she was 'warned' not to have him 'take out b&b trash.' i can't even begin to tell you how mad this made me..
I'm seriously doubting that child labor laws cover family members. No matter what the business. If they do, then I know a LOT of business owners who would be in a world of hurt.

Here it is, I recalled their names. Since it is a BUSINESS - there are laws that apply to workers:
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Man battles state over working sons
Agency fines business owner thousands for using kids on the job[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']February 03, 2005[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']A Washington state family is about to lose their home after the Department of Labor and Industries hit the father with thousands of dollars in fines for having his underage sons work alongside him in the family business – doing things the state believes are dangerous for young boys.In 2003, Jude Doty was fined $34,000 by the agency for "employing" his then 11-year-old and 13-year-old sons even though both boys did not fit what Doty says are the criteria for official employment. Later, he was assessed $20,000 for unpaid workers' compensation insurance for his children and other workers, along with $87,000 in penalties.
Here is another article:
The Seattle Times: Local News: Labor laws and personal beliefs collide[/h3]Jul 8, 2004 ... Jude and Angela Doty believe in instilling a strong work ethic in ... Jude Dotyis fighting state laws that prohibit his sons Zach, left, ...
seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2001974593_judedoty08.html - 52k -
[/FONT]

haha kk
seriously, a lady 'down the road' here in massachusetts was questioned by the state (massachusetts) because her 13 year old son was seen helping with the trash!! he is not an employee, she roared, he is doing his chores! this boy is not being worked in any way, shape or form. he goes to school and plays soccer and belongs to some computer game club. his chores consist of cleaning his room and helping his father bring the trash and recyleables to the transfer station. but she was 'warned' not to have him 'take out b&b trash.' i can't even begin to tell you how mad this made me..
I'm seriously doubting that child labor laws cover family members. No matter what the business. If they do, then I know a LOT of business owners who would be in a world of hurt.
Bree said:
Uh, wrong. They certainly include family. Labor laws apply to KIDS for a reason.

Here it is, I recalled their names. Since it is a BUSINESS - there are laws that apply to workers:
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']A Washington state family is about to lose their home after the Department of Labor and Industries hit the father with thousands of dollars in fines for having his underage sons work alongside him in the family business – doing things the state believes are dangerous for young boys.In 2003, Jude Doty was fined $34,000 by the agency for "employing" his then 11-year-old and 13-year-old sons even though both boys did not fit what Doty says are the criteria for official employment. Later, he was assessed $20,000 for unpaid workers' compensation insurance for his children and other workers, along with $87,000 in penalties.
Here is another article:
The Seattle Times: Local News: Labor laws and personal beliefs collide[/h3]Jul 8, 2004 ... Jude and Angela Doty believe in instilling a strong work ethic in ... Jude Dotyis fighting state laws that prohibit his sons Zach, left, ...
[/FONT].
Holy cow, that's absurd. I see kids working everyday with their parents.

Prpbably another reason for the demise of the "family"farm. Every kid I knew had chores. Most learned to drive by driving the family tractor.
We all worked the hay fields. Granny and the little kids would follow the baler and put hay left behind into the next row. Oh well, I am a dinosaur, I think kids need to know the self-worth of accomplishment and they get that feeling through working.

Here is another article:
[/FONT].
And our parents thought that Dr. Spock's parenting skills were way out there..
And speaking of cows...what about all those farmers??? This has been the norm for generations in farms and small businesses. There is a difference between work and helping out! No wonder the kids today have so many issues...

I am not agreeing with it, in fact I disagree. But it is what it is. Better to be careful. This is an open forum, Just as a warning, who knows, there may even be an ex cop who has a vendetta lurking about. Anyone can view the writings here. Who knows who it is calling your home or staying in your home.

I am not agreeing with it, in fact I disagree. But it is what it is. Better to be careful. This is an open forum, Just as a warning, who knows, there may even be an ex cop who has a vendetta lurking about. Anyone can view the writings here. Who knows who it is calling your home or staying in your home..
Right. And all of those very helpful guests who write how wonderful it was to have little Bobby carrying their suitcases and serving them breakfast are doing more harm than good.
What about that TV show last year? Remember the B&B trading wives show? Do you suppose those folks got landed on by the child labor law people after that aired?

I am not agreeing with it, in fact I disagree. But it is what it is. Better to be careful. This is an open forum, Just as a warning, who knows, there may even be an ex cop who has a vendetta lurking about. Anyone can view the writings here. Who knows who it is calling your home or staying in your home..
Right. And all of those very helpful guests who write how wonderful it was to have little Bobby carrying their suitcases and serving them breakfast are doing more harm than good.
What about that TV show last year? Remember the B&B trading wives show? Do you suppose those folks got landed on by the child labor law people after that aired?
I think there is a huge difference between letting a 14 year old move a suitcase and having him ride on the roof of a house that is being moved to hold up electric lines that might snag on the house. Pretty much opposite ends of the risk spectrum as far as I am concerned ;)

I think there is a huge difference between letting a 14 year old move a suitcase and having him ride on the roof of a house that is being moved to hold up electric lines that might snag on the house. Pretty much opposite ends of the risk spectrum as far as I am concerned ;)
swirt said:
Is THAT what was in the story? I didn't read it.

Back