When is your birthday?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Penelope- February 19- I'm not tellin' my age ;).
I notice that all the young'ns don't mind telling their age! Rock on - enjoy it while you can! One day you'll wake up and won't remember how hold you are and that is when the "you're only as old as you feel" kicks in!
I'm just the opposite, from the time I was a little girl I've always felt older than my years...today I feel about 90 'cause my back is aching from all this laundry!

Penelope- February 19- I'm not tellin' my age ;).
I notice that all the young'ns don't mind telling their age! Rock on - enjoy it while you can! One day you'll wake up and won't remember how hold you are and that is when the "you're only as old as you feel" kicks in!
suellen222 said:
Little kids always want to be older...remember? We all did, we calculated our age in fractions... 9 1/4 or I am ten and a half!
regular_smile.gif

[FONT= 'Bookman Old Style']Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement center were sitting on a bench under a tree when one turns to the other and says: 'Slim, I'm 83 years old now and I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my age... How do you feel?'[/FONT]
Slim says, "I feel just like a newborn baby."
"Really!? Like a newborn baby!?"
"Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants."

First I want to wish you a Happy belated birthday ( I hope i translated it right)
I guess at the moment I'm the next on the list at the 12th.
but for me more important is my 2nd birthday mid november....
Do you care to share the event of your second birthday? My brother has the day he was born AND the day of his liver transplant is his second birthday.

First I want to wish you a Happy belated birthday ( I hope i translated it right)
Do you care to share the event of your second birthday? My brother has the day he was born AND the day of his liver transplant is his second birthday.
Sure, no problem mid November last year, I finished my Hodgkin’s Lymphoma treatment after chemo- as well as radiation therapy.
It was quite a shock as we got the diagnosis… anyway it seems I conquered it but you can’t be 100% sure. The good point is I’m still young (this year mid thirty). Just look forward and think positive. But it changed my life totally; I look at priorities quite different now.

[FONT= 'Bookman Old Style']Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement center were sitting on a bench under a tree when one turns to the other and says: 'Slim, I'm 83 years old now and I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my age... How do you feel?'[/FONT]
Slim says, "I feel just like a newborn baby."
"Really!? Like a newborn baby!?"
"Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants." .
Hahaha! 83 can be young these days!

Sure, no problem mid November last year, I finished my Hodgkin’s Lymphoma treatment after chemo- as well as radiation therapy.
It was quite a shock as we got the diagnosis… anyway it seems I conquered it but you can’t be 100% sure. The good point is I’m still young (this year mid thirty). Just look forward and think positive. But it changed my life totally; I look at priorities quite different now.
SeeBen21 said:
cheers.gif

SeeBen21 said:
Wow! Good for you SeeBen ... I agree that's a very important milestone. Question, had you not gone through all that, would you be buying your B&B at this point in your life, meaning was that what motivated you to live your dream and not wait for "tomorrow," which never comes?
Second Act - June 8

SeeBen21 said:
Wow! Good for you SeeBen ... I agree that's a very important milestone. Question, had you not gone through all that, would you be buying your B&B at this point in your life, meaning was that what motivated you to live your dream and not wait for "tomorrow," which never comes?
Second Act - June 8

Hah… good question… for sure not. My plan where totally different. I was focused on my career had a 6 to 7 day week with 10 to 14 hours.
Was this the trigger? I don’t know.
To make the long story short, I don’t wanted to work for other people anymore. The dream of my wife and me was always to go to the states and live there. Actually my wife was studying in Canada and she still blames me for getting her over to Germany and so she didn’t got her PR in Canada.

Anyway… the idea of a B&B was on our mind for quite a time but really far away. Than I came through the property and it just hit us. So now we see how it will go…

BTW the only positive think with the cancer was that I lost 50 pounds, which I was trying to loose for a long time
wink_smile.gif
I try to see everything positive.

April 18 Innkeep
Actually, I'm looking forward to my 59 1/2 birthday on October 18th because then I can dip into my IRA without penalty. Yeah

thumbs_up.gif
By the way, I think this is a great idea...one more way it sets this forum apart from the others: community!!!!

Im a scorpio too...Nov14th last year in my 40's whaaaaa:( but hey its all good. Happy belated to everyone out there.

Back