Why (and How) Your Business Should Get Visual

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Why (and How) Your Business Should Get Visual BY JOHN BRANDON
Excerpt:
"According to a July ShareThis study, Pinterest constitutes more than 50% of all the sharing on iPads. Consumers are spending a lot of time on tablets and on their mobile phones, which are lean-back entertainment devices. The hardest thing to do on a tablet or mobile phone is to type; the easiest thing to do is to tap on an image. So while the first generation of social networks mapped out the personal social graph, I think a lot of consumer time is now going to be spent on these visual networks."
http://www.inc.com/john-brandon/why-how-your-business-should-get-visual.html

Now is the time to get those photos out there!
Samster was at this spot right here, and it is horribly overgrown with all this rain, and we said how beautiful it is in the Fall...I just found this photo and added the text:
pic.twitter.com/hk6HDqn78V

I started writing a reply here, but realized it would got out-of-hand, so I deleted it all. Suffice it to say, Pinterest is probably the most exciting form of marketing there is for something like a b&b. The potential is through the roof, if done properly.

Now is the time to get those photos out there!
Samster was at this spot right here, and it is horribly overgrown with all this rain, and we said how beautiful it is in the Fall...I just found this photo and added the text:
pic.twitter.com/hk6HDqn78V.
Hi Joey,

That's really a clever approach!
Images indeed are more likely to grab attention than plain text. Short videos are becoming a trend too. Vine and Video on Instagram seems to be new challenges for visual marketers to tap into.
We've also written on our blog about how owners and marketers can utilize Pinterest and Instagram for promoting their inns and B&Bs.
Quick tip: like Twitter & Instagram, Facebook also supports hashtags so it'd be wise to make good use of them in captioning your images for better findability.
Hope that helps! :)

Back