Why we all need signs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I was sitting at the computer in the office, literally on the other side of the door (the one with the privacy sign on the handle) from the guest living room, the door opens veeeeerrrrrrry slowly and as I look up from the computer, my face now about a foot from hers, here is this very surprised and now horrified guest's face and she says, "oh, I just wanted to see what was in here!" and shuts the door, I hear complete and utter embarrassed laughter on the other side of the door. It was classic. I locked the door.
Oh and regarding your embarrassed guest, BOO-HOO, she should be embarrassed!.
Willowpondgj said:
While I was sitting at the computer in the office, literally on the other side of the door (the one with the privacy sign on the handle) from the guest living room, the door opens veeeeerrrrrrry slowly and as I look up from the computer, my face now about a foot from hers, here is this very surprised and now horrified guest's face and she says, "oh, I just wanted to see what was in here!" and shuts the door, I hear complete and utter embarrassed laughter on the other side of the door. It was classic. I locked the door.
Oh and regarding your embarrassed guest, BOO-HOO, she should be embarrassed!
What IS it about a sign that says 'Private?' Of course I can understand it, but what are they expecting to see? If I put up private signs then I would also put some sort of alarm on the door if I didn't lock it. We're thinking of just putting a simple hook latch at the top of the doors. On the outside. To me, if you go to the extent to lift the latch, then you KNOW you are doing something you shouldn't and the alarm shouldn't be a surprise. And if it IS embarassing to be caught doing something you shouldn't, maybe it's a good life lesson.
If I put up private signs then I would also put some sort of alarm on the door if I didn't lock it.
I knew a guy who would cram a bunch of loose marbles into his bathroom medicine cabinet any time he was having people over. That way he'd know (hear and/or see it) if someone snooped while in the loo.
Got any marbles? :)
happyjacks said:
I have not a single one left...
teeth_smile.gif

[/QUOTE]
Bree said:
happyjacks said:
teeth_smile.gif
Did that happen before or after you decided to open a B&B? ;)

[/QUOTE]
IronGate said:
Bree said:
happyjacks said:
teeth_smile.gif
Did that happen before or after you decided to open a B&B? ;)
If I had any left when I opened, they are definitely all gone now. Remarkable thing about marbles, tho, like bad pennies, they come back, only to be lost again...

Back