To Fight, or Respond

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke with TA, and as expected, it does not fit the guidelines for removal. He had an interaction with the establishment - and that's pretty much all it takes. I think I want my response to be directed at the general public, or prospective guests...correct? I know that I can remain professional if directing it at him, but that is not the route I want to go, is it? All my other responses are directed to the guest that reviewed, but using some marketing pizazz to make it sound good. Do I keep with that trend, and write to him? Or remove myself completely and direct to the public?.
BananaE29 said:
I spoke with TA, and as expected, it does not fit the guidelines for removal. He had an interaction with the establishment - and that's pretty much all it takes. I think I want my response to be directed at the general public, or prospective guests...correct? I know that I can remain professional if directing it at him, but that is not the route I want to go, is it? All my other responses are directed to the guest that reviewed, but using some marketing pizazz to make it sound good. Do I keep with that trend, and write to him? Or remove myself completely and direct to the public?
In this instance I would direct to the public and be careful when describing him or YOUR resp will be removed. I read whole house on the review, I can only imagine you nipped this one in the bud before it became a nuclear bomb!
We're here for you Banana!
heart.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
In this instance I would direct to the public and be careful when describing him or YOUR resp will be removed. I read whole house on the review, I can only imagine you nipped this one in the bud before it became a nuclear bomb!
We're here for you Banana!
heart.gif
Thank you, JB! Yes, his whole family. I can only imagine the Hell I would have gone through with a whole tribe with his mentality. Will share my response here for input before posting.
I want to keep it short and not address his personal remarks (my family vacation, my business practices, etc), but it is a little lengthy because I want to quote my reservation request response. So, how is this?

I appreciate this person sharing their experience, as it gives us the opportunity to clarify the reservation and confirmation process with our future guests.
At blah blah (edited by swirt) B&B, we have an secure online reservation program which enables a guest to make a reservation request via email. This is only a request for a specific date, room, etc. - it does not guarantee availability. The user receives a message upon completing this request which reads verbatim “If all necessary information is included in your reservation request, we will email you a confirmation. If we have questions, we will phone you at either number you have listed. If you do not want a phone call, it is important for you to phone us immediately after sending your request. Your reservation is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email.”
In this situation, when the reservation request was received, the sender was notified within 24 hours that the rooms would not be available. The booking request is for six months in the future, and there is no doubt that this family will be able to find lodging accommodations elsewhere. We sincerely hope they enjoy their stay on our beautiful island.
Bless you Swirt :)

Well, the universe appears to be smiling upon me. I received this crappy review last Friday and have since received three five star, glowing reviews! I normally might get three in a couple months, so this is a shock and a surprise. Two of them just stayed last weekend! I am so happy that the putz is almost on page 2 :) :) :)

And no, I really did not try to encourage anyone to review. I do send a standard "thank you" and "if you enjoyed your stay, please take a moment to review us...."....but I always wait one week before I send that. So these are totally unsolicited reviews. I think what makes me most happy? I'm betting the putz probably has seen them too :)

Well, the universe appears to be smiling upon me. I received this crappy review last Friday and have since received three five star, glowing reviews! I normally might get three in a couple months, so this is a shock and a surprise. Two of them just stayed last weekend! I am so happy that the putz is almost on page 2 :) :) :)

And no, I really did not try to encourage anyone to review. I do send a standard "thank you" and "if you enjoyed your stay, please take a moment to review us...."....but I always wait one week before I send that. So these are totally unsolicited reviews. I think what makes me most happy? I'm betting the putz probably has seen them too :).
BananaE29 said:
I think what makes me most happy? I'm betting the putz probably has seen them too :)
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
So happy for you!!!

Back