Air???

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got an email saying our payment has been sent and we should receive it in 20 days. What???.
Did you choose the option of having them mail you a check? You might want to reconsider that.
I have it go directly to my merchant PayPal account. It's put in the on the 2nd day of a 2 day stay. Before the guest ever checks out! I then have PayPal transfer it to my business bank account. I keep NOTHING in my merchant PayPal account and it costs nothing to have one or to transfer the funds the way I just described.
I may need to open an account with PayPal.
Morticia said:
I may need to open an account with PayPal.
My payments from Air come as electronic direct deposits into my bank account. They don't go through PayPal. So look into that.
I'm not comfortable giving Air direct access to my main account, so I opted for the middle man, Pay Pal.
I gave them permission to deposit... not withdraw. They try to withdraw and they will have to worry about fraud charges.

In case you were wondering...here's how the review process works - you have 2 weeks to write a review. You can't see what the other person wrote until you've both written something or the 2 weeks are up.

In case you were wondering...here's how the review process works - you have 2 weeks to write a review. You can't see what the other person wrote until you've both written something or the 2 weeks are up..
Yup. But for the most part people are afraid to write the truth, for a number of reason. We often get calls for Air rescues... people who don't like what they got or it got cancelled when the owner got a call from the government about the fines payable.

To answer the question about whether it's better to decline or let an inquiry expire, we take you now to the Air blog:
Your response rate and response time can impact how your listing appears in search, because they show how attentive you are to the requests you receive. The more consistently you respond to guests within 24 hours by accepting, declining, or sending a message, the better your listing can do in search. That’s why it’s better to decline a request or inquiry than to allow it to expire.

To answer the question about whether it's better to decline or let an inquiry expire, we take you now to the Air blog:
Your response rate and response time can impact how your listing appears in search, because they show how attentive you are to the requests you receive. The more consistently you respond to guests within 24 hours by accepting, declining, or sending a message, the better your listing can do in search. That’s why it’s better to decline a request or inquiry than to allow it to expire..
Morticia said:
The more consistently you respond to guests within 24 hours by accepting, declining, or sending a message, the better your listing can do in search. That’s why it’s better to decline a request or inquiry than to allow it to expire.
But also it also says "sending a message" is an acceptable way to keep your record in good standing. I'd say once you've sent them a response, like asking for clarification, you're OK to sit and wait for them to respond, or not.

Your response rate and response time can impact how your listing appears in search, because they show how attentive you are to the requests you receive. The more consistently you respond to guests within 24 hours by accepting, declining, or sending a message, the better your listing can do in search. That’s why it’s better to decline a request or inquiry than to allow it to expire..
Morticia said:
The more consistently you respond to guests within 24 hours by accepting, declining, or sending a message, the better your listing can do in search. That’s why it’s better to decline a request or inquiry than to allow it to expire.
But also it also says "sending a message" is an acceptable way to keep your record in good standing. I'd say once you've sent them a response, like asking for clarification, you're OK to sit and wait for them to respond, or not.
I agree with Arks, I don't think it is necessary to decline if you have already had an exchange of correspondence. Of course one could set a deadline by which if you haven't heard anything back you could decline, rather than just letting it lapse...

Morticia said:
I agree with Arks, I don't think it is necessary to decline if you have already had an exchange of correspondence. Of course one could set a deadline by which if you haven't heard anything back you could decline, rather than just letting it lapse...
That's what I just did. Had an inquiry asking for a discount. I did a special offer for them and then heard nothing. After a couple of days I rejected the inquiry. I sure wish I could have reviewed them for not answering me back.

Morticia said:
That's what I just did. Had an inquiry asking for a discount. I did a special offer for them and then heard nothing. After a couple of days I rejected the inquiry. I sure wish I could have reviewed them for not answering me back.
We had this for a mother and daughter who were wanting to go to a town 15 miles away and were asking for walking distances to various places which would be about 20 miles away (big city lots of places to stay) - I replied to say how far away we were and other places more suitable - but never heard anything back - very rude.

Morticia said:
Harborfields said:
I'm guessing their algorithm checks to see if you've responded in the time frame allowed. I would guess if there was a question about who did what the email transcript would show a question was asked and there was no reply. If you wanted to take it up with them.

Back