Quantcast

Buddy the Chocolate Lab needs your Facebook help

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
No he's not in any danger or in need of an organ donor. He has been chosen as a top 12 finalist for the Finger Lakes Wine Country Dog mascot competition by the regional tourism promotional center on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/fingerlakeswinecountry There is a poll on the left column called
"Vote For The 2010 Finger Lakes Wine Country Dog Masot!"
Buddy the Chocolate Lab is the last entry in the poll.

Sure, the other dogs in the competition are all cute too...but he's my boy, he's got to win.
If you have a spare moment and can give him a vote...well that would just be cool. :)
Of course they didn't use the action shot I submitted of him jumping off the dock and climbing back up the ladder :(

swirt

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, this is a good example of a tourism association using Facebook pretty effectively. They keep it fresh and do contests and promotions that keep people using it.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
I voted for Buddy and I asked my Facebook friends to do the same, he needs some more votes!!

swirt

Reaction score
I voted for Buddy and I asked my Facebook friends to do the same, he needs some more votes!!.
Thanks!! He really does need help. Somehow his description got lost so he has been at a disadvantage. ;)

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I got a page not found when I clicked on your link:-(

egoodell

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, this is a good example of a tourism association using Facebook pretty effectively. They keep it fresh and do contests and promotions that keep people using it..
My vote's in!
Riki

swirt

Reaction score
I got a page not found when I clicked on your link:-(.
I think there was a space at the end of the link. I removed that. Also if you aren't logged in to facebook it will take you to the facebook home page first :(

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To vote I had to allow access to my world. Cannot do that. So sorry.

swirt

Reaction score
I think there was a space at the end of the link. I removed that. Also if you aren't logged in to facebook it will take you to the facebook home page first :(
My votes in! We gotta beat that one that has over 100!!!!
LOL Yah that Swiss Mountain dog has a pretty big head start :( :(

Don Draper

Reaction score
I voted! Go Buddy! What a good-looking dog. Wish my golden could climb ladders like that!

swirt

Reaction score
I voted! Go Buddy! What a good-looking dog. Wish my golden could climb ladders like that!.
InnsiderInfo said:
I voted! Go Buddy! What a good-looking dog. Wish my golden could climb ladders like that!
LOL It's a talent he's developed only to avoid having to swim the rest of the way to shore. ;)

EmptyNest

Reaction score
So can you vote more than once???? Or is it set to only take your facebook info once???

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
So can you vote more than once???? Or is it set to only take your facebook info once???
catlady said:
I just tried it and it said I had already voted, too bad!

hawley

Reaction score
I voted for him. Every time you mention him, I think of him carrying his stuffed toy to the door to meet visitors.

swirt

Reaction score
I voted for him. Every time you mention him, I think of him carrying his stuffed toy to the door to meet visitors..
hawley said:
I voted for him. Every time you mention him, I think of him carrying his stuffed toy to the door to meet visitors.
LOL Yah I wish we had a picture of that. Given the topic though it would only work if it was a bottle of wine he was carrying (yes I have seen him do it, but no photos of it exist). Though lately they aren't HIS toys anymore...now he comes to the door with a mouthful of my son's baby toys. Last night it was Curious George, a green rubber duckie and a toy car all hanging out of his mouth at the same time as he greeted us at the door. It's hard not to laugh, but that just encourages him. :)

SeeBen21

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, this is a good example of a tourism association using Facebook pretty effectively. They keep it fresh and do contests and promotions that keep people using it..
my vote is in too.

JeannineIrish

Reaction score
My vote's in. In early August we visited the Fox Run Winery on Seneca Lake.

Latest posts