"Fact Finding Mission"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I guess we're still in the running where my previous showing is concerned. They are hoping to find something a little bigger...lots of those around, but not for this price or occupancy!
I have a couple from in-state that has arranged a showing in a couple of weeks and are coming to stay the night before...booked at full rate. Another lady from out-of-state professes to have a bunch of cash and an interest in the Inn, but tried to get 2 comped rooms for three nights in October (my third busiest month) for her showing. She was incredulous that I would charge her anything, so I offered to credit her at closing
wink_smile.gif
Talk about poor buyer etiquette! Already I don't think she's worthy of my baby...cash or no cash!.
A couple of owners gave us a small 10% discount when they realized that we were serious buyers which I thought was a nice gesture. I would never have expected a comp'd stay!!

Well, I guess we're still in the running where my previous showing is concerned. They are hoping to find something a little bigger...lots of those around, but not for this price or occupancy!
I have a couple from in-state that has arranged a showing in a couple of weeks and are coming to stay the night before...booked at full rate. Another lady from out-of-state professes to have a bunch of cash and an interest in the Inn, but tried to get 2 comped rooms for three nights in October (my third busiest month) for her showing. She was incredulous that I would charge her anything, so I offered to credit her at closing
wink_smile.gif
Talk about poor buyer etiquette! Already I don't think she's worthy of my baby...cash or no cash!.
A couple of owners gave us a small 10% discount when they realized that we were serious buyers which I thought was a nice gesture. I would never have expected a comp'd stay!!
I was comp'd a stay, but we were already in escrow. I would never expect a free stay when just looking.

wink_smile.gif
I was comp'd a stay, but we were already in escrow. I would never expect a free stay when just looking.
YEah..could you imagine how many "lookie loos" would be calling to see your ForSale B &B if they knew they would get a free night!!! GIve me a break. Just because they are looking, doesn't mean they are serious. We had to go through the realtor to get a nights' stay...they knew we were serious but we still paid.

wink_smile.gif
Breakfast Diva said:
I was told I would be charged per the room we used if we stayed there before the closing...we stayed at a stinky hotel (This is the night prior to closing). Should have known then what pitas those pos were going to be!

wink_smile.gif
Breakfast Diva said:
I was told I would be charged per the room we used if we stayed there before the closing...we stayed at a stinky hotel (This is the night prior to closing). Should have known then what pitas those pos were going to be!
Oh my! once we met and got acquainted we became best friends with our past owners and still are:) And they never charged us for the 2 times we stayed with them...but by then, they had our deposit. We actually rented the place back to them for 4 months since we weren't ready to move at the time.

Why should you credit them either? You are too nice..
Joe Bloggs said:
Why should you credit them either? You are too nice.
She doesn't need to, but I think it was a really clever, "put up or shut up" kind of statement that cuts immediately through the bull. ;)

wink_smile.gif
"Out of state lady with $100k cash" called me again trying to get a one night comp for a showing on Saturday October 17. Get this, she wanted THE fall Saturday comped. Of course, I told her "I'm sorry, but not only are rates at rack that weekend, but I would require a two night stay as well". She rang off unhappily.
A little while later, my broker called...she told him that she had booked her flight here and rented a car for that day. She asked him to find her a cheap room nearby, and said that she was "very disappointed that Little Blue would not consider comping her for just one night"...AND (even better) she wants her showing scheduled at 8am that Saturday. she snorts what?.
Broker said "Never gonna happen", so she took 1pm. And this lady wants to be an Innkeeper, I can't imagine her running my little place. Everyone say a little prayer to St. Joseph (who's likeness I bought today to bury in the yard) that it sells before she gets here!!!! Please!
praying.gif

wink_smile.gif
"Out of state lady with $100k cash" called me again trying to get a one night comp for a showing on Saturday October 17. Get this, she wanted THE fall Saturday comped. Of course, I told her "I'm sorry, but not only are rates at rack that weekend, but I would require a two night stay as well". She rang off unhappily.
A little while later, my broker called...she told him that she had booked her flight here and rented a car for that day. She asked him to find her a cheap room nearby, and said that she was "very disappointed that Little Blue would not consider comping her for just one night"...AND (even better) she wants her showing scheduled at 8am that Saturday. she snorts what?.
Broker said "Never gonna happen", so she took 1pm. And this lady wants to be an Innkeeper, I can't imagine her running my little place. Everyone say a little prayer to St. Joseph (who's likeness I bought today to bury in the yard) that it sells before she gets here!!!! Please!
praying.gif

Hmmm doesn't sound much like someone who "wants" to be an innkeeper. If she knows what she is getting into, she wouldn't be making such requests. Boy will she learn in a hurry.

wink_smile.gif
praying.gif

That's horrible! Is your broker sure this woman wants to buy your place to keep running it as a B&B? She certainly doesn't have an innkeeper's sensibilities.
This poses an interesting question which I'll start another post on.

wink_smile.gif
praying.gif

That's horrible! Is your broker sure this woman wants to buy your place to keep running it as a B&B? She certainly doesn't have an innkeeper's sensibilities.
This poses an interesting question which I'll start another post on.
She sound like a real loser. Hope you don't have to put up with her for long.
RIki

LB we had guests here book two nights last weekend. Possible buyers and let me assure you, they wanted to FEEL the BnB the way guests do and we totally appreciated the way they went about it and hope they make an offer. They told us they had been to so many that they knew what to do now and not waste their time, get a feel for the area, for the BnB, the whole package.
These are the type of people we would love to buy our place and love it here and continue its success vs the couple who stayed over night and shot out before breakfast. I had it all set and ready to go and they said "Oh no, we don't eat breakfast" and high tailed it back to hurricane-land. Never said, Oh sorry you went to all that trouble, or anything.
Yes, we do want someone we like to buy our Inn. Then we want someone to buy our inn. :)

wink_smile.gif
praying.gif

Are you sure there is no oil or gas under your property? This sounds like someone who wants the property for a purpose - and not for B & B! Is there a new highway, school, mall planned? Some sort of development that has NOT been announced? Check at the County. Do you know any of your officials well enough to get a straight answer?
My stepfather's brother sold the family farm for $100k and was very boastful about it. Two years later the BOE bought it for over a million for a new high school. Who was laughing then?

wink_smile.gif
praying.gif

Are you sure there is no oil or gas under your property? This sounds like someone who wants the property for a purpose - and not for B & B! Is there a new highway, school, mall planned? Some sort of development that has NOT been announced? Check at the County. Do you know any of your officials well enough to get a straight answer?
My stepfather's brother sold the family farm for $100k and was very boastful about it. Two years later the BOE bought it for over a million for a new high school. Who was laughing then?
She SAYS she wants to buy a B&B......and nothing happening in the way of development that I know of. We don't even own the mineral rights.

wink_smile.gif
praying.gif

She SAYS she wants to buy a B&B......and nothing happening in the way of development that I know of. We don't even own the mineral rights.
Uncle Joe did not know of the BOE plans either......
Anyone who wanted to have a B & B would have at least a clue about breakfast time and would want to see good revenues - and that does not happen with comp rooms. Smell-o-meter rising.....

wink_smile.gif
praying.gif

Anyone who wanted to have a B & B would have at least a clue about breakfast time and would want to see good revenues - and that does not happen with comp rooms. Smell-o-meter rising.....
She's recently divorced with a decent settlement....looking for something in our price range that has good revenues that she can run herself, as she is single with no kids.
I think she's just clueless...

wink_smile.gif
praying.gif

She's recently divorced with a decent settlement....looking for something in our price range that has good revenues that she can run herself, as she is single with no kids.
Little Blue said:
I can think of better personality traits for a successful B&B owner ;)

Broker just called to set up a showing this Saturday...and the lady from the East Coast comes NEXT Saturday. Everyone please cross some fingers for us that one of them is the right one...from a financial and a business-sense standpoint!

Broker just called to set up a showing this Saturday...and the lady from the East Coast comes NEXT Saturday. Everyone please cross some fingers for us that one of them is the right one...from a financial and a business-sense standpoint!.
Hey, if someone has the bucks you want..take it and run:) Good luck!

Broker just called to set up a showing this Saturday...and the lady from the East Coast comes NEXT Saturday. Everyone please cross some fingers for us that one of them is the right one...from a financial and a business-sense standpoint!.
Keeping a good thought for you! Your place will show to perfection with this season and weather...don't forget to bake something just before they come to have those good smells cranking through the place!

Back