Follow us on the Innspiring Road Trip

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next road trip might want to look at staying at this place...
1530472_10152079791473851_1226626289_n.jpg
Me too. When do we leave? I even promise to not mention Shinnston!
gillumhouse said:
Ok, I'll pay to see this!

Next road trip might want to look at staying at this place...
1530472_10152079791473851_1226626289_n.jpg
gillumhouse said:
Madeleine said:
gillumhouse said:
thumbs_up.gif
me, too

I guess I've been home almost a week and I'm still floating on air. It is possible to do a road trip like this and still be friends - even better friends at the end. I can't say enough to thank all the innkeepers who participated. We sometimes were late on arrival (Bob, K9, etc.) and never had enough time to see all each area had to offer, but by golly it was fun. Glad JB was along to chronicle our adventures. Ice could have her own stand-up comedy act, and Gillum made sure to spread the name of Shinnston far and wide. I was along for the ride, with the go go mobile, which used to be the mulch mobile (next year we'll be going back to mulch by the truckload, BTW).

I guess I've been home almost a week and I'm still floating on air. It is possible to do a road trip like this and still be friends - even better friends at the end. I can't say enough to thank all the innkeepers who participated. We sometimes were late on arrival (Bob, K9, etc.) and never had enough time to see all each area had to offer, but by golly it was fun. Glad JB was along to chronicle our adventures. Ice could have her own stand-up comedy act, and Gillum made sure to spread the name of Shinnston far and wide. I was along for the ride, with the go go mobile, which used to be the mulch mobile (next year we'll be going back to mulch by the truckload, BTW)..
Innkeep said:
I guess I've been home almost a week and I'm still floating on air. It is possible to do a road trip like this and still be friends - even better friends at the end. I can't say enough to thank all the innkeepers who participated. We sometimes were late on arrival (Bob, K9, etc.) and never had enough time to see all each area had to offer, but by golly it was fun. Glad JB was along to chronicle our adventures. Ice could have her own stand-up comedy act, and Gillum made sure to spread the name of Shinnston far and wide. I was along for the ride, with the go go mobile, which used to be the mulch mobile (next year we'll be going back to mulch by the truckload, BTW).
Someone has to - we are way too small to be on a map!

Well gang, I now totally understand Stepford guests. I also understand guests who leave belongings behind. Clothing. For the last leg hasn't made it to Memphis. I think maybe the triptic map from AAA has shared the same fate. Have back ups for routing and Wally World for wardrobe reinforcements.
Everybody's still talking to each other. For that matter we're still laughing. Note to Arks: be sure to look up when you're cleaning..
Innkeep said:
Note to Arks: be sure to look up when you're cleaning.
I’ve occasionally been compared to Jerry Seinfeld of Seinfeld situation comedy fame. Jerry is a bit of a neat freak. I have been described as meticulous, and as obsessive. Describing me, while here, Joey Bloggs used both terms in the same sentence.
Indeed, Joey also commented while here, “we’ve done this to you,” meaning the stories by the innkeepers here have marked me for life. Part of that comes from a post I remember by one innkeeper here who had to give a full refund to someone who'd just arrived because the guest claimed to have found a piece of dental floss in the bathroom trash can, and it grossed her out and she couldn't stay there.
So when I’m warned to "be sure to look up” when cleaning up the road trip’s Friday night accommodations, I’m reminded of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry is in his apartment bathroom and accidently knocks his girlfriend’s toothbrush into the toilet. He manages to fish it out, but, being traumatized by that act, he’s too speechless to say anything as his girlfriend comes in and begins brushing her teeth with it.
He finally gets up the nerve to tell her what happened, at which time she locks herself in his bathroom a while, then comes out and, as she walks out the door for good, lets him know that “something” in his bathroom has now been in the toilet, but she won’t tell him what. So Jerry has to throw away everything in the bathroom, and have the room steam disinfected.
That’s where I am with this “be sure to look up” message. I found something, but how do I know it’s the only thing they put up high somewhere? Or down low, or in the back of a drawer. I may have to close the apartment and remove everything in it just to be sure.
So what was “up”? See the photo below of what I found hanging on a blade of the ceiling fan over the bed. A petite pair of bloomers with a nice note written on them, and a little Christmas ornament penned to them.
Also, in the bathroom I mentioned to them that I’ve recently put in a new toilet paper dispenser because it seems the old horizontal one was too hard for people to figure out. Nobody ever changed the used up roll, they just got a new roll and stacked it on top the dispenser. So my new dispenser is vertical. You just slip off the empty tube and drop a new roll on. Sure enough, like any typical guest, it baffled the four innkeepers so they left the original empty on the dispenser, left another empty beside it, and stacked a third roll on the grab bar above the dispenser. (It’s a handicapped accessible room.)
To make up for it, they fanned the Kleenex coming out of THAT dispenser. Also they left a bar of soap that wasn’t one I provide. They must have stolen from Branson Bob’s.
I can tell you, with Joey Bloggs’ recent topic here, “a really gross question” I was really hesitant to raise the toilet lid after this visit by practical jokers. But all was well there.
The amazing part, where the true innkeeper comes shining through, is that the bathroom trash can was completely unused. Never seen that before! Indeed, of the five trash cans in the apartment, they only used one. Nice innkeepers, very nice...unless later I find bras stuffed under the mattress or something. We’ll see. The pressure’s still on.
InnkeeperInvasion.jpg

Tonight (and tomorrow night) I'm hosting a B&B owner from Pennsylvania. She's not on this forum, but she's a native of my town who I've known for years. She's in town for her high school reunion and staying in the apartment that housed the 4 wild Innspiring innkeepers on last year's road trip. She insisted I show her the panties those innkeepers left on my ceiling fan. Now I'm worried about what she may leave me! Innkeepers are a rowdy, bunch, especially when they've been in the wine!
Arks said:
So what was “up”? See the photo below of what I found hanging on a blade of the ceiling fan over the bed. A petite pair of bloomers with a nice note written on them, and a little Christmas ornament penned to them.
InnkeeperInvasion.jpg

Well gang, I now totally understand Stepford guests. I also understand guests who leave belongings behind. Clothing. For the last leg hasn't made it to Memphis. I think maybe the triptic map from AAA has shared the same fate. Have back ups for routing and Wally World for wardrobe reinforcements.
Everybody's still talking to each other. For that matter we're still laughing. Note to Arks: be sure to look up when you're cleaning..
Innkeep said:
Note to Arks: be sure to look up when you're cleaning.
I’ve occasionally been compared to Jerry Seinfeld of Seinfeld situation comedy fame. Jerry is a bit of a neat freak. I have been described as meticulous, and as obsessive. Describing me, while here, Joey Bloggs used both terms in the same sentence.
Indeed, Joey also commented while here, “we’ve done this to you,” meaning the stories by the innkeepers here have marked me for life. Part of that comes from a post I remember by one innkeeper here who had to give a full refund to someone who'd just arrived because the guest claimed to have found a piece of dental floss in the bathroom trash can, and it grossed her out and she couldn't stay there.
So when I’m warned to "be sure to look up” when cleaning up the road trip’s Friday night accommodations, I’m reminded of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry is in his apartment bathroom and accidently knocks his girlfriend’s toothbrush into the toilet. He manages to fish it out, but, being traumatized by that act, he’s too speechless to say anything as his girlfriend comes in and begins brushing her teeth with it.
He finally gets up the nerve to tell her what happened, at which time she locks herself in his bathroom a while, then comes out and, as she walks out the door for good, lets him know that “something” in his bathroom has now been in the toilet, but she won’t tell him what. So Jerry has to throw away everything in the bathroom, and have the room steam disinfected.
That’s where I am with this “be sure to look up” message. I found something, but how do I know it’s the only thing they put up high somewhere? Or down low, or in the back of a drawer. I may have to close the apartment and remove everything in it just to be sure.
Also, in the bathroom I mentioned to them that I’ve recently put in a new toilet paper dispenser because it seems the old horizontal one was too hard for people to figure out. Nobody ever changed the used up roll, they just got a new roll and stacked it on top the dispenser. So my new dispenser is vertical. You just slip off the empty tube and drop a new roll on. Sure enough, like any typical guest, it baffled the four innkeepers so they left the original empty on the dispenser, left another empty beside it, and stacked a third roll on the grab bar above the dispenser. (It’s a handicapped accessible room.)
To make up for it, they fanned the Kleenex coming out of THAT dispenser. Also they left a bar of soap that wasn’t one I provide. They must have stolen from Branson Bob’s.
I can tell you, with Joey Bloggs’ recent topic here, “a really gross question” I was really hesitant to raise the toilet lid after this visit by practical jokers. But all was well there.
The amazing part, where the true innkeeper comes shining through, is that the bathroom trash can was completely unused. Never seen that before! Indeed, of the five trash cans in the apartment, they only used one. Nice innkeepers, very nice...unless later I find bras stuffed under the mattress or something. We’ll see. The pressure’s still on.
InnkeeperInvasion.jpg

Tonight (and tomorrow night) I'm hosting a B&B owner from Pennsylvania. She's not on this forum, but she's a native of my town who I've known for years. She's in town for her high school reunion and staying in the apartment that housed the 4 wild Innspiring innkeepers on last year's road trip. She insisted I show her the panties those innkeepers left on my ceiling fan. Now I'm worried about what she may leave me! Innkeepers are a rowdy, bunch, especially when they've been in the wine!
Arks said:
InnkeeperInvasion.jpg
Tell her to do us proud!
thumbs_up.gif

It seems the appropriate time of year to share this photo from last year's Innspiring road trip. Left to right, GillumHouse (telling it like it is), Ice, Innkeep, and Joey Bloggs (or that last one may be Willie Nelson).
halloween.jpg

It seems the appropriate time of year to share this photo from last year's Innspiring road trip. Left to right, GillumHouse (telling it like it is), Ice, Innkeep, and Joey Bloggs (or that last one may be Willie Nelson).
halloween.jpg
Arks said:
halloween.jpg
Don't make us come out there again!

halloween.jpg
Ha, ha...all smiles. What's in those cups anyway? Some special brew no doubt!
wink_smile.gif

halloween.jpg
wink_smile.gif

Silverspoon said:
wink_smile.gif
Indiana wine.

halloween.jpg
Arks said:
halloween.jpg
How did you get it unbeknownst to us? Our radar must have been on the fritz.

Back