Follow us on the Innspiring Road Trip

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The four innkeeper-travelers-tourists on are the road again, leaving Pocahontas, Arkansas about noon central time and taking the 90 minute hop to Memphis as pure tourists, wanting to see the famous Peabody Hotel Ducks, eat some Memphis BBQ, and perhaps wander the blues houses along Beale Street this evening before heading WAY south tomorrow.

beale-street-today.jpg

I have seen the pics on FB. I'm pretty sure I can out run three of them, but that Virginian is pretty quick!.
Arks said:
I have seen the pics on FB. I'm pretty sure I can out run three of them, but that Virginian is pretty quick!
You may run but you can't hide!

Waiting for these roadtrippers to check in from Missouri is like having guests hours overdue. They had a 6-hour trip today. They were high on multiple coffees. How could the NOT be there and checking in by now? Another wild night out on the town?.
Arks said:
Waiting for these roadtrippers to check in from Missouri is like having guests hours overdue. They had a 6-hour trip today. They were high on multiple coffees. How could the NOT be there and checking in by now? Another wild night out on the town?
thumbs_up.gif

Sunshine......I have to tell you....your desserts are amazing! Thanks for sending them down.
Bob said:
Sunshine......I have to tell you....your desserts are amazing! Thanks for sending them down.
awe...thanks Bob! Glad you enjoyed them!

Well gang, I now totally understand Stepford guests. I also understand guests who leave belongings behind. Clothing. For the last leg hasn't made it to Memphis. I think maybe the triptic map from AAA has shared the same fate. Have back ups for routing and Wally World for wardrobe reinforcements.
Everybody's still talking to each other. For that matter we're still laughing. Note to Arks: be sure to look up when you're cleaning.

Well gang, I now totally understand Stepford guests. I also understand guests who leave belongings behind. Clothing. For the last leg hasn't made it to Memphis. I think maybe the triptic map from AAA has shared the same fate. Have back ups for routing and Wally World for wardrobe reinforcements.
Everybody's still talking to each other. For that matter we're still laughing. Note to Arks: be sure to look up when you're cleaning..
Innkeep said:
Everybody's still talking to each other. For that matter we're still laughing. Note to Arks: be sure to look up when you're cleaning.
i wouldn't look up if I were you Arks...

Waiting for these roadtrippers to check in from Missouri is like having guests hours overdue. They had a 6-hour trip today. They were high on multiple coffees. How could the NOT be there and checking in by now? Another wild night out on the town?.
Arks said:
Waiting for these roadtrippers to check in from Missouri is like having guests hours overdue. They had a 6-hour trip today. They were high on multiple coffees. How could the NOT be there and checking in by now? Another wild night out on the town?
thumbs_up.gif

Bob said:
Sunshine said:
Bob said:
and you see NOW when I read this from Bob to Sunshine and back I can truly hear your voices saying it, and your sweet faces...

Ok....Arks....Turn off your lights and lock the doors. These ladies are crazy! Just wait until you see the pics of what they did to me. RUN!!!!!
Bob said:
Ok....Arks....Turn off your lights and lock the doors. These ladies are crazy! Just wait until you see the pics of what they did to me. RUN!!!!!
Copperhead! It may not be too late: run! Wild fun lovers are headed your way! Mischievous! I didn't heed Bob's advice and am now in therapy. Hope to be out by Christmas. More later, when my hands stop shaking.

Bob said:
Copperhead! It may not be too late: run! Wild fun lovers are headed your way! Mischievous! I didn't heed Bob's advice and am now in therapy. Hope to be out by Christmas. More later, when my hands stop shaking.
devil_smile.gif
tounge_smile.gif

Bob said:
You need to get longer arms!

Everybody's still talking to each other. For that matter we're still laughing. Note to Arks: be sure to look up when you're cleaning..
Innkeep said:
Note to Arks: be sure to look up when you're cleaning.
I’ve occasionally been compared to Jerry Seinfeld of Seinfeld situation comedy fame. Jerry is a bit of a neat freak. I have been described as meticulous, and as obsessive. Describing me, while here, Joey Bloggs used both terms in the same sentence.
Indeed, Joey also commented while here, “we’ve done this to you,” meaning the stories by the innkeepers here have marked me for life. Part of that comes from a post I remember by one innkeeper here who had to give a full refund to someone who'd just arrived because the guest claimed to have found a piece of dental floss in the bathroom trash can, and it grossed her out and she couldn't stay there.
So when I’m warned to "be sure to look up” when cleaning up the road trip’s Friday night accommodations, I’m reminded of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry is in his apartment bathroom and accidently knocks his girlfriend’s toothbrush into the toilet. He manages to fish it out, but, being traumatized by that act, he’s too speechless to say anything as his girlfriend comes in and begins brushing her teeth with it.
He finally gets up the nerve to tell her what happened, at which time she locks herself in his bathroom a while, then comes out and, as she walks out the door for good, lets him know that “something” in his bathroom has now been in the toilet, but she won’t tell him what. So Jerry has to throw away everything in the bathroom, and have the room steam disinfected.
That’s where I am with this “be sure to look up” message. I found something, but how do I know it’s the only thing they put up high somewhere? Or down low, or in the back of a drawer. I may have to close the apartment and remove everything in it just to be sure.
So what was “up”? See the photo below of what I found hanging on a blade of the ceiling fan over the bed. A petite pair of bloomers with a nice note written on them, and a little Christmas ornament penned to them.
Also, in the bathroom I mentioned to them that I’ve recently put in a new toilet paper dispenser because it seems the old horizontal one was too hard for people to figure out. Nobody ever changed the used up roll, they just got a new roll and stacked it on top the dispenser. So my new dispenser is vertical. You just slip off the empty tube and drop a new roll on. Sure enough, like any typical guest, it baffled the four innkeepers so they left the original empty on the dispenser, left another empty beside it, and stacked a third roll on the grab bar above the dispenser. (It’s a handicapped accessible room.)
To make up for it, they fanned the Kleenex coming out of THAT dispenser. Also they left a bar of soap that wasn’t one I provide. They must have stolen from Branson Bob’s.
I can tell you, with Joey Bloggs’ recent topic here, “a really gross question” I was really hesitant to raise the toilet lid after this visit by practical jokers. But all was well there.
The amazing part, where the true innkeeper comes shining through, is that the bathroom trash can was completely unused. Never seen that before! Indeed, of the five trash cans in the apartment, they only used one. Nice innkeepers, very nice...unless later I find bras stuffed under the mattress or something. We’ll see. The pressure’s still on.
InnkeeperInvasion.jpg

Innkeep said:
I’ve occasionally been compared to Jerry Seinfeld of Seinfeld situation comedy fame. Jerry is a bit of a neat freak. I have been described as meticulous, and as obsessive. Describing me, while here, Joey Bloggs used both terms in the same sentence.
Indeed, Joey also commented while here, “we’ve done this to you,” meaning the stories by the innkeepers here have marked me for life. Part of that comes from a post I remember by one innkeeper here who had to give a full refund to someone who'd just arrived because the guest claimed to have found a piece of dental floss in the bathroom trash can, and it grossed her out and she couldn't stay there.
So when I’m warned to "be sure to look up” when cleaning up the road trip’s Friday night accommodations, I’m reminded of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry is in his apartment bathroom and accidently knocks his girlfriend’s toothbrush into the toilet. He manages to fish it out, but, being traumatized by that act, he’s too speechless to say anything as his girlfriend comes in and begins brushing her teeth with it.
He finally gets up the nerve to tell her what happened, at which time she locks herself in his bathroom a while, then comes out and, as she walks out the door for good, lets him know that “something” in his bathroom has now been in the toilet, but she won’t tell him what. So Jerry has to throw away everything in the bathroom, and have the room steam disinfected.
That’s where I am with this “be sure to look up” message. I found something, but how do I know it’s the only thing they put up high somewhere? Or down low, or in the back of a drawer. I may have to close the apartment and remove everything in it just to be sure.
So what was “up”? See the photo below of what I found hanging on a blade of the ceiling fan over the bed. A petite pair of bloomers with a nice note written on them, and a little Christmas ornament penned to them.
Also, in the bathroom I mentioned to them that I’ve recently put in a new toilet paper dispenser because it seems the old horizontal one was too hard for people to figure out. Nobody ever changed the used up roll, they just got a new roll and stacked it on top the dispenser. So my new dispenser is vertical. You just slip off the empty tube and drop a new roll on. Sure enough, like any typical guest, it baffled the four innkeepers so they left the original empty on the dispenser, left another empty beside it, and stacked a third roll on the grab bar above the dispenser. (It’s a handicapped accessible room.)
To make up for it, they fanned the Kleenex coming out of THAT dispenser. Also they left a bar of soap that wasn’t one I provide. They must have stolen from Branson Bob’s.
I can tell you, with Joey Bloggs’ recent topic here, “a really gross question” I was really hesitant to raise the toilet lid after this visit by practical jokers. But all was well there.
The amazing part, where the true innkeeper comes shining through, is that the bathroom trash can was completely unused. Never seen that before! Indeed, of the five trash cans in the apartment, they only used one. Nice innkeepers, very nice...unless later I find bras stuffed under the mattress or something. We’ll see. The pressure’s still on.
InnkeeperInvasion.jpg

Arks all is well. Please don't dismantle your apartment. No other surprises.

Innkeep said:
InnkeeperInvasion.jpg

Oh this is so hilarious! Laughing Laughing Laughing. Just spent some quality time on the FB page and now reading this. Enjoying so much. May the memories linger on into next August!

Innkeep said:
InnkeeperInvasion.jpg

I am shocked Arks! Truly and surely shocked!
Btw you didn't notice One Thing, or didn't mention...the knot i tied in your trash receptacle in the bathroom so the weight of something doesn't pull down the liner with it.
but overall i would give you a 97%
7% is for accuracy, and 90% is for fun, clever witty, and obsessive fun.
Cheers!
xoxo
Ps we were worried that your next guests would find the undies once they were in bed, and read the line
"Thanks for the great time. Remember the post office!"

Yes Ark! You will want to look up for sure! Innkeep, I have looked for your things and have not been able to locate anything yet. I can check with our laundry service and see if they might of been placed with sheets. But Ark, you really need to look up! You might need a few more therapy classes...

Btw you didn't notice One Thing, or didn't mention...the knot i tied in your trash receptacle in the bathroom so the weight of something doesn't pull down the liner with it.
I've thought in the past about knotting the trash bags so they won't slip. OK, just one more thing added to the flip the room list. I can handle that! Thanks for the nudge!
Ps we were worried that your next guests would find the undies once they were in bed, and read the line
"Thanks for the great time. Remember the post office!"
Yes, that might have happened, and not everybody understands that there's more than one way to play post office! Branson Bob got to play it one way, I another.

Innkeep said:
InnkeeperInvasion.jpg

Innkeep said:
...she says with a twinkle in her eye. Do I believe her? Would Jerry Seinfeld believe her? OK, a former princess and now queen would not lie to me. I hope. I believe her, I think.
By the way, after a glass of wine or two, Innkeep cheats at Joey Bloggs' version of Botticelli.

The gangs all here!!! Lots of fun chatting last night, breakfast this am and then headed to the big city for a day of sightseeing!

Consider me now WARNED what to expect at departure....lol

Ah, the "Wild Bunch".
I'm expecting the same tomorrow night. Arriving Branson so late tonight, they'll no doubt want to spend time there tomorrow before heading my way, making another late evening arrival. I see a trend developing, and not surprising as their social calendar is VERY full.
Anxious to hear about their day today. Hope they find time to give a report!
Edited to add...
It just gave me an extra 3 hours to clean.
I hear you! Enormous pressure to have 4 professionals coming in. They will notice every little thing!! I'm getting an early start tomorrow, but I'm sure I'll still miss things!.
I'm getting caught up on posts. I've been out of town since Friday. The Wild Bunch is set to arrive at my place tonight (yes, a trend - they expect to be here late). I keep making lists & calling the Inn to remind my other half to clean this and straighten that. lol The pressure is enormous!!

I'm super excited to be the host Inn this evening. I'm glad I was near the end of the trip, because now I have an idea what to expect. I can clearly see you can't plan for that kind of crazy! Wish us luck! Blue Ridge might never be the same!

And after a full day walking in the warm sunshine, listening to the sounds of the street musicians, lunch of fresh gulf seafood and of course the ever famous beignets and cafe' au lait; they are off to the beautiful north GA mountains.
(can't get the photo on here so have sent it to another to post for me)

Back