Follow us on the Innspiring Road Trip

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And after a full day walking in the warm sunshine, listening to the sounds of the street musicians, lunch of fresh gulf seafood and of course the ever famous beignets and cafe' au lait; they are off to the beautiful north GA mountains.
(can't get the photo on here so have sent it to another to post for me).
road%20trip_0.jpg

Here ya go!

Bet they aren't driving around in those short sleeves much longer!

I am telling yall, you have mo idea how much richer our lives have become from meeting these innmates. Talk about a treasure trove!
We are at K9s and love this place and her beautiful innkeepers. I think I have squeezed in a brief visit with the three pooches tomorrow...K9 has a full schedule, and we are thrilled.

Congratulations to Joey Bloggs for making it full circle and being back home safe and sound. Do you move on now with the rest to see egoodell or have you already been there? Asking this as I sip wine and wish I could sip it at egoodell's!

Congratulations to Joey Bloggs for making it full circle and being back home safe and sound. Do you move on now with the rest to see egoodell or have you already been there? Asking this as I sip wine and wish I could sip it at egoodell's!.
Arks said:
Congratulations to Joey Bloggs for making it full circle and being back home safe and sound. Do you move on now with the rest to see egoodell or have you already been there? Asking this as I sip wine and wish I could sip it at egoodell's!
They left without me. Oddly enough the car was still packed to the gills.
shades_smile.gif
I type this from my pc...at home. A few tears were shed, this has been an amazing time for all of us. Add Riki to your road trip plans Arks, her winery tour is bar none...you would love it, and Monticello is of course literally just down the road.

I didn't make many videos, I know there will be one from TANK TOWN of Blue Ridge Inn B&B innkeepers driving a tank, and also from today's bluegrass at DQ, but here is one from the road...nearly to Cherokee NC, driving along the country roads, alongside a beautiful river...speakers up! http://youtu.be/aDWhM81eNn4

Congratulations to Joey Bloggs for making it full circle and being back home safe and sound. Do you move on now with the rest to see egoodell or have you already been there? Asking this as I sip wine and wish I could sip it at egoodell's!.
Arks said:
shades_smile.gif
I type this from my pc...at home. A few tears were shed, this has been an amazing time for all of us. Add Riki to your road trip plans Arks, her winery tour is bar none...you would love it, and Monticello is of course literally just down the road.
So is Ash Lawn, the home of President Jame Monroe. Montpelier, Madison's home is also in the vicinity. I have been to Monticello and Montpelier but when we did those, we did not have time to go to Ash Lawn - boohoo!
We arrived in Shinnston about 9 PM last night. Jimmy's was closed so we did take-out Asian. This morning after Baked Oatmeal with vanilla yogurt, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, OJ and blueberry juices, and the fruit was cantaloupe, kiwi, and banana compote and Kona Blend coffee the ladies got the 50 cent tour of Shinnston, tour of the log house, got to meet our City important people at City Hall. They were on the road by 9:05 AM with a light mist. With luck they will not hit REAL rain for hours. They have about 7 or 8 hours to go.
This was an awesome trip. It was wonderful to meet everyone. Thank you to those we visited for the great visits. It was a blast to meet everyone, see the inns, taste the awesome foods, and meet the even more awesome innmates and their families. Y'uns come see us. I have a great area to show you all.

Arks said:
shades_smile.gif
Duplicate.

Arks said:
shades_smile.gif
So is Ash Lawn, the home of President Jame Monroe. Montpelier, Madison's home is also in the vicinity. I have been to Monticello and Montpelier but when we did those, we did not have time to go to Ash Lawn - boohoo!
We arrived in Shinnston about 9 PM last night. Jimmy's was closed so we did take-out Asian. This morning after Baked Oatmeal with vanilla yogurt, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, OJ and blueberry juices, and the fruit was cantaloupe, kiwi, and banana compote and Kona Blend coffee the ladies got the 50 cent tour of Shinnston, tour of the log house, got to meet our City important people at City Hall. They were on the road by 9:05 AM with a light mist. With luck they will not hit REAL rain for hours. They have about 7 or 8 hours to go.
This was an awesome trip. It was wonderful to meet everyone. Thank you to those we visited for the great visits. It was a blast to meet everyone, see the inns, taste the awesome foods, and meet the even more awesome innmates and their families. Y'uns come see us. I have a great area to show you all.
yep we have three president's home here, two of them 2.5 miles from me. They flew in and stayed long enough for a coffee and Christmas cookie and then took off for gillumhouse!~ We did exchange wine so they should have had a toddy before going to bed that night of our dessert wine from the vineyard!
Riki

I can now tell you that...
  • Innkeep can boast about, and provide, some excellent Indiana wines.
  • Innkeep can hold her wine fine, but soon gets a bit silly and will freely stretch the rules in a game of Botticelli!

• Innkeep can hold her wine fine, but soon gets a bit silly and will freely stretch the rules in a game of Botticelli!
Arks said:
And they are still trying to figure out how I guessed mine so quickly.

Arks said:
I think an accurate term for that would be "Punch drunk"
cry_smile.gif

Arks said:
I think an accurate term for that would be "Punch drunk"
cry_smile.gif

She does an excellent imitation of the Statue of Liberty

The Innspiring Road Trip has come to an official end. Big Mike and Carol just left for St Louis. I have much more to say but it will have to wait. I have lots of photos to post on FB since our official photographer left the trip. Stay tuned innmates.

Next road trip might want to look at staying at this place...
1530472_10152079791473851_1226626289_n.jpg

Back