New pix, comment now, please!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different angle, shoes off, hubs shaking head...
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
I like # 1 and #4, but yes, crop sides, put lamp as far back in corner as possible, away from AC, all lights on, unplug AC and strighten cord, so it looks neater, and can you tie back curtains to soften windows? No robe on bed, too busy, maybe the book on bed instead? Ditch mirror.
Table looks darling!

Getting there, but robe is indeciferable mostly.
Lamp competes with wall unit a/c. Book on chair is good!!!
Just throw a lobster on the bed and be done with it. HA HA.
Ok, will try to answer everyone's questions at once...put the lamp there for light and to block A/C. Thought about taping up cord figured it would stick out like sore thumb. YOU try to line up those damn blinds. (just kidding, but it is the bane of my existence to get those lined up.) Will try again but light is about gone now. That may help with the reflection from the mirror.
So, when I get the perfect shot, how will you, as the guest, feel when the room doesn't look a thing like this?
wink_smile.gif

doesn't it look like that??
i bet it does.
haha ... i have old mini blinds and old windows and i can sooo relate.
wink_smile.gif

tell me something, when guests check in to that room what do they say? do they ever say, 'this is so much nicer (bigger) (brighter) than i thought it would be'
i think i will book a nite with you in the haunted room! i am not kidding when i say i get calls asking for this.
No, it doesn't look like that! The crocheted throw on the table is from my Grandmother, no way it is staying in that room. The cushions are back on the chairs I stole them from, lamp is back in the living room.
No one ever says the room looks like anything in relation to the website. So many guests never SEE the website pix before they book!
OK, I'm done for the day with the pix. I'll pick a few that I like and see how you all like them.

Ok, will try to answer everyone's questions at once...put the lamp there for light and to block A/C. Thought about taping up cord figured it would stick out like sore thumb. YOU try to line up those damn blinds. (just kidding, but it is the bane of my existence to get those lined up.) Will try again but light is about gone now. That may help with the reflection from the mirror.
So, when I get the perfect shot, how will you, as the guest, feel when the room doesn't look a thing like this?
wink_smile.gif

Get rid of the mirror (doesn't seem useable or natural there) and then put the lamp against that wall. The attractivness of the lamp will draw the eye away from the AC which right now it is drawing it to the AC.
Only free wall space for the mirror, unfortunately. I was afraid I'd break it to take it down for the pix.

wink_smile.gif

Get rid of the mirror (doesn't seem useable or natural there) and then put the lamp against that wall. The attractivness of the lamp will draw the eye away from the AC which right now it is drawing it to the AC.
Only free wall space for the mirror, unfortunately. I was afraid I'd break it to take it down for the pix.
Have you tried putting the lamp in front of the mirror and let it show the reflection? Worth a try with it near the mirror. Use the mirror to reflect what you want.

OK, I'm going to post the ones I like...pick one. Please. I beg you. Like one of these.
9.JPG

OK, I'm going to post the ones I like...pick one. Please. I beg you. Like one of these.
9.JPG
haha i only see one! and i like it. are there others?
there's nothing wrong with staging a room ... it lets guests see the possibilities.
it will be interesting to learn about guest response to a new picture.
lots of my guests book by picture. and it's not easy to show just how appealing a room really is. that's what professionals are for, right?

How about this one?
10.JPG
even better! (get the wine remover, quick!)
wink_smile.gif

seriously, i think i am seeing flowers outside in the yard. i can see cozy places to sit and read and sleep. very nice.

How about this one?
10.JPG
even better! (get the wine remover, quick!)
wink_smile.gif

seriously, i think i am seeing flowers outside in the yard. i can see cozy places to sit and read and sleep. very nice.
Cranberry juice, and I DID spill it so the placemat that I have on the tray is stained. These have to be handwashed and ironed. Threw one in the washer/dryer and it's the size of a doll's handkerchief now. Imported from Italy, who knows how long ago. I've killed a bunch of them trying to make these trays look good when I do a romance package.

If there are any of the other pix that really catch anyone's eye, let me know and I'll play with it to lighten the background in that corner. I'm buying a floor lamp like the one in the pick for that room. And I'll get a glass top for that round wicker table so you can set a glass down without it tipping over. Right now I've put a tray on the table to set glasses on. And then I can get a tablecloth to go under the glass.

How about this one?
10.JPG
I hope I'm not too late to chime in. I really like this one the best out of all the choices.
Not too sure about the mirror because it looks odd with only half of the AC reflecting in it, but I could live with it. Just one quick question: why aren't the drapes in the same fashion on both windows? The window on the right, they are hanging. The one on the left, they are pulled back. Just curious.

How about this one?
10.JPG
I hope I'm not too late to chime in. I really like this one the best out of all the choices.
Not too sure about the mirror because it looks odd with only half of the AC reflecting in it, but I could live with it. Just one quick question: why aren't the drapes in the same fashion on both windows? The window on the right, they are hanging. The one on the left, they are pulled back. Just curious.
Trying to block the cars in the street in the front from being in the pic. Pulled back in the other case because they looked dopey hanging down.

i have some odds and ends of tablecloths and fabric - as i sort, should i look for something you might be able to use? be happy to send it your way.
by the way, you have guest bathrobes don't you? what do they look like?

How about this one?
10.JPG
Trying to block the cars in the street in the front from being in the pic. Pulled back in the other case because they looked dopey hanging down.
Gotcha

Really really nice!
I like both angles. I like the lamp in the corner. Book on chair looks good. Pillows off rockers looks much better, imo. Keep that.
There is just the BLINDS issue. Even them out is not between the two, but having them HIT the line on the window, so they look even with the window. Know what I mean?
What a wonderful time you have had at it today. I really like the new pics, they are INVITING. Subtle changes make all the difference.

Back