New pix, comment now, please!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful! I want to stay there!
By the way, the cool thing about the "artsy" photo is that you're not getting the A/C in the mirror.
Agree with everyone on the 2nd new option with the maple tree. The angle makes the room look bigger.

chairs.jpg

How about this one?
10.JPG
That's the one by far, it looks great. Just bring that into light room and use the auto white balance feature, which will sharpen the rest of the room taking the hotspots off the bedspread.
That really looks like a great room.

i have some odds and ends of tablecloths and fabric - as i sort, should i look for something you might be able to use? be happy to send it your way.
by the way, you have guest bathrobes don't you? what do they look like?.
No bathrobes. I hate laundry as it is...
A bathrobe across the chair might have looked good...

Really really nice!
I like both angles. I like the lamp in the corner. Book on chair looks good. Pillows off rockers looks much better, imo. Keep that.
There is just the BLINDS issue. Even them out is not between the two, but having them HIT the line on the window, so they look even with the window. Know what I mean?
What a wonderful time you have had at it today. I really like the new pics, they are INVITING. Subtle changes make all the difference..
Ah. Gotcha. Lower the blinds even with the midpoint of the window. Wish I would have understood that earlier...you know I am not redoing this, right? That I can spend my time on ANOTHER room tomorrow...

Yeah, Lightroom is like Photoshop, but unlike photoshop it has amazing tools that can do everything you need automatically. I'm in love with it, I've just started shooting photos in the last 3 years since I bought a DSLR and Lightroom has really made a difference.
I think this photo is wonderful, and with a bit of post production will be as nice as anything a pro could do.

After looking through all 19000 messages today, I think that's the keeper, too.

Really really nice!
I like both angles. I like the lamp in the corner. Book on chair looks good. Pillows off rockers looks much better, imo. Keep that.
There is just the BLINDS issue. Even them out is not between the two, but having them HIT the line on the window, so they look even with the window. Know what I mean?
What a wonderful time you have had at it today. I really like the new pics, they are INVITING. Subtle changes make all the difference..
Ah. Gotcha. Lower the blinds even with the midpoint of the window. Wish I would have understood that earlier...you know I am not redoing this, right? That I can spend my time on ANOTHER room tomorrow...
Thank you one and all for your responses and helpful critiques. EVERYONE can use the pointers here, they were very informative about what pulls you into a room and makes you want to stay. Coming next...the results of the new pic on bookings.
Also, I might just buy a new coverlet for that bed. Even tho I LOVE the one that is on there (and bought the same for my own bed) this one may now be retired as the 'backup'.
So, what color should I buy if I go with a solid? In the winter there is a white duvet with a light blue border on that bed so it has to go with that, too. The moldings are painted off-white, almost yellow. The floral in the wallpaper is pink, pale blue and yellow with light & dark green leaves and vines. We painted the bathroom the pale blue from the flowers in the wallpaper. I'd call it an 'ice blue'.

Looking back at the first shot it just looks so bland in comparison! Congrats, you did well.
PS I even notice the quilt over the table looks cool the way you adjusted it (altho it is not staying there, I know that)

How about this one?
10.JPG
That's the one by far, it looks great. Just bring that into light room and use the auto white balance feature, which will sharpen the rest of the room taking the hotspots off the bedspread.
Is 'light room' some sort of photo program? I can play with the pic a little more in the very old photo program I have to 'deaden' the white in the foreground while keeping the light in the background.
So, all this is the one I should exert some effort on making it perfect?
10.JPG

What about this version?
12.JPG

Looking back at the first shot it just looks so bland in comparison! Congrats, you did well.
PS I even notice the quilt over the table looks cool the way you adjusted it (altho it is not staying there, I know that).
Different table altogether than the first shots...

Two things. First of all, the final photo looks amazing compared to the first one. What a difference. It hardly looks like the same room. You did a good job. Knew you could do it!
Second, I hope I am not crossing any lines here, but Google has a great (imvho) photo program out called Picasa that you can download off the web. We have version 3 and it really is a lot of fun to work with.
Just a suggestion.

Two things. First of all, the final photo looks amazing compared to the first one. What a difference. It hardly looks like the same room. You did a good job. Knew you could do it!
Second, I hope I am not crossing any lines here, but Google has a great (imvho) photo program out called Picasa that you can download off the web. We have version 3 and it really is a lot of fun to work with.
Just a suggestion..
Thanks, I'll try that. Never worry about crossing lines when someone has said: Help me! Besides which, everyone knows I'd just shoot anything down I didn't like...
teeth_smile.gif

Just a suggestion..
Thanks, I'll try that. Never worry about crossing lines when someone has said: Help me! Besides which, everyone knows I'd just shoot anything down I didn't like...
teeth_smile.gif

So I've read ;)

Just a suggestion..
teeth_smile.gif

So I've read ;)
Did you notice how many of those suggestions I implemented? Round table, tableskirt, flowers, cushions on the chairs, different coverlet on bed, alter viewpoint, something red, lighting, move the trash can, move the A/C cord and a few more...I listen, I just grouse first...

How about this one?
10.JPG
Is 'light room' some sort of photo program? I can play with the pic a little more in the very old photo program I have to 'deaden' the white in the foreground while keeping the light in the background.
So, all this is the one I should exert some effort on making it perfect?
10.JPG

What about this version?
12.JPG

I think you have got it..except that reflection from the mirror in that weird location..... That is an improvement. Still a bit dark in the corner. take it from a different angle so the mirror reflection doesn't show if you still want to keep the mirror on that wall. why is it there? Why not put on the back of the bathroom door????

I like the 1st two in the very 1st set. (Don't see the A.C. box). Looks quiet, cozy and peaceful. I'd pick one of the top (1st set) and one from the last set.

OK, I'm going to post the ones I like...pick one. Please. I beg you. Like one of these.
9.JPG
I like the one with post 14026. It cuts out the mirror and I like the way the curtains are drawn to give a nice soft look. Very inviting.

bree, will you show more than one shot of the bedroom on site? how about a close up of the head of the bed as well? pile those pillows you are using to accent the chairs up at the head of the bed, put those flowers on the bedside table, show that you have the dual reading lights up at the head of the bed (my guests seem to love those) put one of your glasses of 'wine' on the bedside table or a mug of tea ....
accent that bed so that guests see how enormous and inviting it is. they can see that and add that to the nice sitting area and how can they resist?

Back