New pix, comment now, please!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the 'artsy' one:
11.JPG
omg_smile.gif
You mean the "fun house" one. People send me crooked photos like these all the time. Makes you feel like you are in a carnival funhouse.

You have worked so hard at getting the room looking great.... I really like the table now that it has a cloth on it and I like the tray better than the robe on the bed. Great job!

How about this one?
10.JPG
That's the one by far, it looks great. Just bring that into light room and use the auto white balance feature, which will sharpen the rest of the room taking the hotspots off the bedspread.
That really looks like a great room.
Is 'light room' some sort of photo program? I can play with the pic a little more in the very old photo program I have to 'deaden' the white in the foreground while keeping the light in the background.
So, all this is the one I should exert some effort on making it perfect?
10.JPG

What about this version?
12.JPG

I think you have got it..except that reflection from the mirror in that weird location..... That is an improvement. Still a bit dark in the corner. take it from a different angle so the mirror reflection doesn't show if you still want to keep the mirror on that wall. why is it there? Why not put on the back of the bathroom door????
It won't go on the door. We tried. The crossbars on the door would make it so the mirror would be either too high or too low and I worry about slamming doors breaking the mirror. We hung the mirror on one door and when the door swells in the humidity, the mirror flexes when the door is yanked open.
Yes, it is a totally weird location.

bree, will you show more than one shot of the bedroom on site? how about a close up of the head of the bed as well? pile those pillows you are using to accent the chairs up at the head of the bed, put those flowers on the bedside table, show that you have the dual reading lights up at the head of the bed (my guests seem to love those) put one of your glasses of 'wine' on the bedside table or a mug of tea ....
accent that bed so that guests see how enormous and inviting it is. they can see that and add that to the nice sitting area and how can they resist?.
For now it will only be this pic, whichever one that is. Showing the head of the bed makes the room look tiny. Seriously tiny. You see that there is 1 ft on either side of the bed before you hit something, wall or door. There is no good angle that way. I'm either back to the original shot or one taken into the corner of the room on the other side.
Later on, when I have my individual pages set up for each room, I will to revisit this problem...

I had the advantage of reading through all the posts before replying since I'm just getting back on here late. You did a great job on this...what a difference from the first photos! If you were going to re-shoot, I take this same shot with the curtains done the same way on both windows, the blinds even at the windows, AND I would add a throw in a soft color (maybe the pink or the pale blue) on the back of one of the rockers with the rockers pulled back a bit to the wall to give the impression of more space.
Keeping a floor lamp in that sitting area (go back & look at the shots without it...what an improvement!) and a sturdier table will really help that room too. Good ideas!

bree, will you show more than one shot of the bedroom on site? how about a close up of the head of the bed as well? pile those pillows you are using to accent the chairs up at the head of the bed, put those flowers on the bedside table, show that you have the dual reading lights up at the head of the bed (my guests seem to love those) put one of your glasses of 'wine' on the bedside table or a mug of tea ....
accent that bed so that guests see how enormous and inviting it is. they can see that and add that to the nice sitting area and how can they resist?.
For now it will only be this pic, whichever one that is. Showing the head of the bed makes the room look tiny. Seriously tiny. You see that there is 1 ft on either side of the bed before you hit something, wall or door. There is no good angle that way. I'm either back to the original shot or one taken into the corner of the room on the other side.
Later on, when I have my individual pages set up for each room, I will to revisit this problem...
ok ... let us know if the
ghostsmiley.gif
appears!

Two things. First of all, the final photo looks amazing compared to the first one. What a difference. It hardly looks like the same room. You did a good job. Knew you could do it!
Second, I hope I am not crossing any lines here, but Google has a great (imvho) photo program out called Picasa that you can download off the web. We have version 3 and it really is a lot of fun to work with.
Just a suggestion..
Thanks, I'll try that. Never worry about crossing lines when someone has said: Help me! Besides which, everyone knows I'd just shoot anything down I didn't like...
teeth_smile.gif

So I've read ;)
Did you notice how many of those suggestions I implemented? Round table, tableskirt, flowers, cushions on the chairs, different coverlet on bed, alter viewpoint, something red, lighting, move the trash can, move the A/C cord and a few more...I listen, I just grouse first...
I noticed. I was impressed that for all your bark, you took a lot of the suggestions. It really does look great.
Do you HAVE to have the full length mirror in that room? How do the people see into it? It is right behind a chair that they would have to move.
I don't know if your standards require it or if it's just you who wants to offer it.

Two things. First of all, the final photo looks amazing compared to the first one. What a difference. It hardly looks like the same room. You did a good job. Knew you could do it!
Second, I hope I am not crossing any lines here, but Google has a great (imvho) photo program out called Picasa that you can download off the web. We have version 3 and it really is a lot of fun to work with.
Just a suggestion..
Thanks, I'll try that. Never worry about crossing lines when someone has said: Help me! Besides which, everyone knows I'd just shoot anything down I didn't like...
teeth_smile.gif

So I've read ;)
Did you notice how many of those suggestions I implemented? Round table, tableskirt, flowers, cushions on the chairs, different coverlet on bed, alter viewpoint, something red, lighting, move the trash can, move the A/C cord and a few more...I listen, I just grouse first...
I noticed. I was impressed that for all your bark, you took a lot of the suggestions. It really does look great.
Do you HAVE to have the full length mirror in that room? How do the people see into it? It is right behind a chair that they would have to move.
I don't know if your standards require it or if it's just you who wants to offer it.
When the rockers are in place, the mirror is much easier to see into. It's very awkwardly located but it was a guest request to have them. The only other option for wall space is to put it by the light switch. Then you can't back up far enough to see anything. I could move the thermostat and put it on that wall.

Just a suggestion..
teeth_smile.gif

So I've read ;)
When the rockers are in place, the mirror is much easier to see into. It's very awkwardly located but it was a guest request to have them. The only other option for wall space is to put it by the light switch. Then you can't back up far enough to see anything. I could move the thermostat and put it on that wall.
But that would require a PERMIT wouldn't it? Makes sense and more money to just leave it...;)

Just a suggestion..
teeth_smile.gif

So I've read ;)
But that would require a PERMIT wouldn't it? Makes sense and more money to just leave it...;)
No permit to move the thermostat, that's not house current.

I am just really impressed how a touch a color improves the whole atmosphere. You make me anxious to get these rooms rephotographed. But I have to clean a couple first, then my zeal will be too pooped to care. ha ha

Back