Suggestions for handling the customer who is as pissy as the day is long?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FD:
DW and I have been reading in horror at what you've had to go through with this guest. Have you checked the room to make sure everything is there? I woudn't be surprised if she took some "parting gifts" ....
Redbirds said:
FD:
DW and I have been reading in horror at what you've had to go through with this guest. Have you checked the room to make sure everything is there? I woudn't be surprised if she took some "parting gifts" ...
She took all the toilet paper and all the tissue boxes.
icon_rolleyes.gif

She left 2 waste baskets full of soiled
286777.gif
adult diapers.
The Farmers Daughter said:
Redbirds said:
FD:
DW and I have been reading in horror at what you've had to go through with this guest. Have you checked the room to make sure everything is there? I woudn't be surprised if she took some "parting gifts" ...
icon_rolleyes.gif

286777.gif
adult diapers.
WOW, that was a lot of "crap" for 1 day! Maybe she actually used all that toilet paper and that is why she was upset when she needed more...
confused_smile.gif

GeorgiaGirl said:
Redbirds said:
FD:
icon_rolleyes.gif

286777.gif
adult diapers.
WOW, that was a lot of "crap" for 1 day! Maybe she actually used all that toilet paper and that is why she was upset when she needed more...
confused_smile.gif
Very possible....scary as it is. She was literally 'full of it'.
Isn't it interesting when people who act like this actually have physical symptoms that reflect their inner self! Even their own bodies can't stand them!
Willowpondgj said:
Isn't it interesting when people who act like this actually have physical symptoms that reflect their inner self! Even their own bodies can't stand them!
287360.gif

Miss Congeniality intercepted me this afternoon when i returned from grocery shopping. She approached my car and seeing the bags of groceries barks 'Got toilet tissue in there? We need more in our room!'.
My head is in the car pulling bags out and although I heard her, I didn't immediately respond. So she ups the volumn....
HELLOOOOOOOO? I'm talking to you!!!
Toilet tissue!...In our room.....Can you do that?
I wonder if a double roll of 2 ply will fit in that big mouth of hers. I can not wait til this woman leaves...counting down the minutes.....
Miss Congeniality intercepted me this afternoon when i returned from grocery shopping. She approached my car and seeing the bags of groceries barks 'Got toilet tissue in there? We need more in our room!'.
My head is in the car pulling bags out and although I heard her, I didn't immediately respond. So she ups the volumn....
I wonder if a double roll of 2 ply will fit in that big mouth of hers. I can not wait til this woman leaves...counting down the minutes....
Oh my!!! If I had been you with TP in tow, it would have taken all of my willpower NOT to toss one right at her. So sorry that you must deal with this BIT huh, I mean witch.
Copperhead said:
I wonder if a double roll of 2 ply will fit in that big mouth of hers. I can not wait til this woman leaves...counting down the minutes....
Oh my!!! If I had been you with TP in tow, it would have taken all of my willpower NOT to toss one right at her. So sorry that you must deal with this BIT huh, I mean witch.
It's ok...you can say it...she exemplifies the term in the truest sense.
I hope they leave before
716557.gif
Give me your number, I'd like to have a word with her...
devil_smile.gif

Is there an Innkeeper's mafia? We should start one! HA! She'll wake up with bananas all over her bed! With the tops cut off!
removed innkeeper mafioso thought I typed and shouldn't have.

I wonder if a double roll of 2 ply will fit in that big mouth of hers. I can not wait til this woman leaves...counting down the minutes.....
Copperhead said:
I hope they leave before
716557.gif
At least you haven't lost your sence of humor yet... Oh, I would make sure there were a couple of extra TP rolls in her room as you know she must be full of it!
Copperhead said:
At least you haven't lost your sence of humor yet... Oh, I would make sure there were a couple of extra TP rolls in her room as you know she must be full of it!
She'd probably take the extra rolls home with her thinking if they were in her room they were hers to take
sad_smile.gif

GeorgiaGirl said:
Copperhead said:
She'd probably take the extra rolls home with her thinking if they were in her room they were hers to take
sad_smile.gif
And that is exactly what she did ....miserable old cow...the icing on the cake is that they left me with 2 full waste baskets of soiled adult diapers.
Ok.. buh-bye!
Ugh...she probably USED all the TP. I have a pair of honeymooners here for five nights, have spent nearly all their time in the room, and in their first four nights have gone through nine rolls of the ultra strong Charmin mega-rolls. My poor septic tank......and it's not that they're taking it, because the empty tubes are in the trash every day. I just don't get it sometimes!

Copperhead said:
I hope they leave before
716557.gif
Copperhead said:
sad_smile.gif

GeorgiaGirl said:
Copperhead said:
sad_smile.gif
And that is exactly what she did ....miserable old cow...the icing on the cake is that they left me with 2 full waste baskets of soiled adult diapers.
Ok.. buh-bye!
Ugh...she probably USED all the TP. I have a pair of honeymooners here for five nights, have spent nearly all their time in the room, and in their first four nights have gone through nine rolls of the ultra strong Charmin mega-rolls. My poor septic tank......and it's not that they're taking it, because the empty tubes are in the trash every day. I just don't get it sometimes!
Little Blue said:
?????????????? Are they playing bondage with the toilet paper???????????????? what the heck!

or .... there is something physically wrong with this woman and so she is angry at the world ... like crohn's disease (hence the large amount of soiled adult diapers) ... a relative has it, is in pain a lot of the time from internal ulcers i think it is and has the need of those diapers ... just a thought.
not that someone who is ill can't be sweet and nice and kind
but some cannot ... especially if in pain ... and will not try.
just searching for an explanation for this outrageous behavior.
too bad.
i am glad for you they have gone.

or .... there is something physically wrong with this woman and so she is angry at the world ... like crohn's disease (hence the large amount of soiled adult diapers) ... a relative has it, is in pain a lot of the time from internal ulcers i think it is and has the need of those diapers ... just a thought.
too bad.
i am glad for you they have gone..
This is really sad, and seashanty might be right. Disease and sickness cause enough chemical imbalances to turn nice people into intolerable ogres...
I'm not a doctor, though.
+1 on "glad they're gone"

too bad.
i am glad for you they have gone..
seashanty said:
too bad.
i am glad for you they have gone.
I'm willing to give an ill person the benfit of the doubt, but why on earth MUST they choose a B&B to stay at where interaction with at a minimum the innkeeper, staff and occassionally a guest is literally required?
For that matter, why must anybody with even slight to medium grade mental illness or social interaction deficiencies burden us and the other guests with their pathology?
We just had a very paranoid person here, who not only accused us a couple times of stealing a few of his items, but on the days we had other guests, literally locked himself in his room, skipped breakfast altogether and only came out AFTER I had come in at 11:30pm to turn off a few extra lights. His food garbage and used cups were left on the kitchen counter so I know it wasn't there at 11:30.

Are you getting the worst guests from any particular source? Expedia? Any particular directory? A print ad somewhere? I'm curious as our worst guests did not find us in any particular location so I couldn't place the 'blame' anywhere!

FD how are you today? A new day without those guests, how are the other guests, okay? I was thinking about you there as a solo innkeeper without support with that terrible guest, I feel for ya.

Oh my. I am channeling Basil Fawlty now...Toilet tissue? Toilet tissue? You need toilet tissue in your room right now? Would that be at this very moment you ungrateful cow? Toilet tissue. (fumbling around in the car) Ah, yes, toilet tissue (Basil starts piling it into the woman's arms) Would this be enough toilet tissue for your oversized bum? You need MORE toilet tissue? (starts throwing it at her as she backs away)
Sybil in the background yelling, 'Basil! Basil!'
Hey, you're not unknowingly on some TV show are you? This is beyond rude, this is bordering on scripted.
Bree said:
Oh my. I am channeling Basil Fawlty now...Toilet tissue? Toilet tissue? You need toilet tissue in your room right now? Would that be at this very moment you ungrateful cow? Toilet tissue. (fumbling around in the car) Ah, yes, toilet tissue (Basil starts piling it into the woman's arms) Would this be enough toilet tissue for your oversized bum? You need MORE toilet tissue? (starts throwing it at her as she backs away)
Hey, you're not unknowingly on some TV show are you? This is beyond rude, this is bordering on scripted.
There. That should do it.
bigtoiletpaper.jpg

Are you getting the worst guests from any particular source? Expedia? Any particular directory? A print ad somewhere? I'm curious as our worst guests did not find us in any particular location so I couldn't place the 'blame' anywhere!.
Bree said:
Are you getting the worst guests from any particular source? Expedia? Any particular directory? A print ad somewhere? I'm curious as our worst guests did not find us in any particular location so I couldn't place the 'blame' anywhere!
No. Its not generally like this. I think I just experienced a "bad guest vortex".
This folks here today are very nice. Unfortunately the bed room trasher from last weekend who broke the chair....there is more coming from her...I can feel the winds ablowin.

FD how are you today? A new day without those guests, how are the other guests, okay? I was thinking about you there as a solo innkeeper without support with that terrible guest, I feel for ya..
Joe Bloggs said:
FD how are you today? A new day without those guests, how are the other guests, okay? I was thinking about you there as a solo innkeeper without support with that terrible guest, I feel for ya.
Today is quieter, JB. Thanks for asking.

Bree said:
There. That should do it.
bigtoiletpaper.jpg

Well all this proves they can sling all the crap at ya and you still keep your sence of humor.
cheers.gif

Are you getting the worst guests from any particular source? Expedia? Any particular directory? A print ad somewhere? I'm curious as our worst guests did not find us in any particular location so I couldn't place the 'blame' anywhere!.
Bree said:
No. Its not generally like this. I think I just experienced a "bad guest vortex".
This folks here today are very nice. Unfortunately the bed room trasher from last weekend who broke the chair....there is more coming from her...I can feel the winds ablowin.
Bree said:
I like that...'bad guest vortex'!

Back