Tesla Destination Charging

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have our first booking, and are not on the directory yet.
"If you build it they will come" is bulldust, you have to tell them you are there... share it on all social media and add it to your website. Look forward to having any of you TESLA heads come and stay with us. By the way, what do you call yourselves, certainly not TESLA heads? I just made that up.
shades_smile.gif
Nicolas? Teslians? Elonians? Muskers!
Jon Sable said:
I've always wanted to be called Your Honor, or perhaps Your Highness.

"If you build it they will come" is bulldust, you have to tell them you are there... share it on all social media and add it to your website. Look forward to having any of you TESLA heads come and stay with us. By the way, what do you call yourselves, certainly not TESLA heads? I just made that up.
shades_smile.gif
Jon Sable said:
Don't you have to have hon.... oh, forget it!

shades_smile.gif
Jon Sable said:
Jon Sable said:
Not an absolute requirement, but it helps :)

We have an electrician coming out to give us the estimate / quote. I wonder: since Tesla is reimbursing up to two Tesla chargers (plus the universal) should we go ahead and get two of the high-powered ones?
Or, does it depend on the power that's available at the location? Curious how many chargers (those who have them) have installed?.
Redbirds said:
We have an electrician coming out to give us the estimate / quote. I wonder: since Tesla is reimbursing up to two Tesla chargers (plus the universal) should we go ahead and get two of the high-powered ones?
Or, does it depend on the power that's available at the location? Curious how many chargers (those who have them) have installed?
Have you filled out the form on the Tesla website (referenced in some of the early posts)? I believe they will help you decide how many chargers are appropriate both for the number of guests you can accommodate, and your present breaker boxes. Glad you're looking into it.
Yes - we've been communicating back and forth with Ben.
We think we will stick with one charger. Based on the map, we would be the only charging station halfway between two major metropolitan areas, 4 miles off an interstate.
Still waiting on our electrician for an estimate to send in.
I got 2 because the second one is for all the other electric cars - Volt, Leaf, Prius..... This way I am ready for them, no matter what kind if car. And I found the 110 is enough for the electric motorcycles - got that covered also.
gillumhouse said:
I got 2 because the second one is for all the other electric cars - Volt, Leaf, Prius.....
And of course Tesla can use the other one too. So you could have 2 Teslas at the same time some day!
Arks said:
gillumhouse said:
I got 2 because the second one is for all the other electric cars - Volt, Leaf, Prius.....
And of course Tesla can use the other one too. So you could have 2 Teslas at the same time some day!
I was not aware of that. but since the other charger is a 40 watt, it would take longer to charge that Tesla, right?

Or, does it depend on the power that's available at the location? Curious how many chargers (those who have them) have installed?.
Redbirds said:
Or, does it depend on the power that's available at the location? Curious how many chargers (those who have them) have installed?
Have you filled out the form on the Tesla website (referenced in some of the early posts)? I believe they will help you decide how many chargers are appropriate both for the number of guests you can accommodate, and your present breaker boxes. Glad you're looking into it.
We think we will stick with one charger. Based on the map, we would be the only charging station halfway between two major metropolitan areas, 4 miles off an interstate.
I got 2 because the second one is for all the other electric cars - Volt, Leaf, Prius..... This way I am ready for them, no matter what kind if car. And I found the 110 is enough for the electric motorcycles - got that covered also.
gillumhouse said:
Arks said:
gillumhouse said:
I was not aware of that. but since the other charger is a 40 watt, it would take longer to charge that Tesla, right?
Iris said:
Arks said:
gillumhouse said:
Right, however although it will be slower, it will work if you get 2 Teslas at the same time OR a Tesla and a Volt. This is one instance where 2 really IS better then one. Nice to tell a Prius yes, we can charge your battery - the Tesla charger will NOT work for them.

Redbirds said:
gillumhouse said:
Arks said:
gillumhouse said:
Iris said:
Arks said:
gillumhouse said:
Right, however although it will be slower, it will work if you get 2 Teslas at the same time OR a Tesla and a Volt. This is one instance where 2 really IS better then one. Nice to tell a Prius yes, we can charge your battery - the Tesla charger will NOT work for them.
gillumhouse said:
thumbs_up.gif

Redbirds said:
gillumhouse said:
Arks said:
gillumhouse said:
Forgive me if this has been discussed here already, this thread is soooo long.
Do we as innkeepers (are we allowed to) add a fee to the room for charging the guest's car?

Redbirds said:
gillumhouse said:
Arks said:
gillumhouse said:
Do we as innkeepers (are we allowed to) add a fee to the room for charging the guest's car?
We are doing it free for registered guests - all others $15 (off the highway non-guests). It is supposed to be an amenity for Tesla cars. If I get enough of them, I will probably have a rate increase of $5.

Redbirds said:
gillumhouse said:
Arks said:
gillumhouse said:
We are doing it free for registered guests - all others $15 (off the highway non-guests). It is supposed to be an amenity for Tesla cars. If I get enough of them, I will probably have a rate increase of $5.
Thanks for that, K.

Yes you are allowed to charge a fee for use of the car charger, if you want to. It will still be cheaper for them than gasoline!

shades_smile.gif
Zappers??

I'm screaming, jumping up and down and dancing in the front hall...inside. Outward I'm just grinning from ear to ear!
We just got pre-approved for a Tesla Destination Charger!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm screaming, jumping up and down and dancing in the front hall...inside. Outward I'm just grinning from ear to ear!
We just got pre-approved for a Tesla Destination Charger!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Duff2014 said:
Hurray! Claiborne House just blogged their first Tesla guest. Stayed 3 nights and drove all over the place. Their one guest used more juice in 3 days than I do in a month, but still cost less than a tank of gas.

Duff2014 said:
Hurray! Claiborne House just blogged their first Tesla guest. Stayed 3 nights and drove all over the place. Their one guest used more juice in 3 days than I do in a month, but still cost less than a tank of gas.
Glad to hear that!!!!!! We hope this will help us get Tesla guests too.

My first call came in for when I was going to be out of town, and even though I told him to come in and tank up, he did not. So I am still waiting....

thanks for providing this great information. I completed the form and hopefully will hear back from Tesla soon! I think it will be a great additional amenity to offer our guests!

thanks for providing this great information. I completed the form and hopefully will hear back from Tesla soon! I think it will be a great additional amenity to offer our guests!.
greyswan said:
thanks for providing this great information. I completed the form and hopefully will hear back from Tesla soon! I think it will be a great additional amenity to offer our guests!
greyswan!!! Glad to know you're still out there!! It has been too long!
OK, that's six exclamation marks, which is six more than Joey Bloggs will approve of, so I'll end this with...!!!!!!

thanks for providing this great information. I completed the form and hopefully will hear back from Tesla soon! I think it will be a great additional amenity to offer our guests!.
I look forward to shouting YEA

greyswan said:
greyswan!!! Glad to know you're still out there!! It has been too long!
OK, that's six exclamation marks, which is six more than Joey Bloggs will approve of, so I'll end this with...!!!!!!
Thanks, Arks - I am still kicking - we are still loving innkeeping and are busy in our community - keeps us off the streets. ;-)
Lots has happened since I last posted... what? 1-2 years ago... good things! But I don't want to deviate from this thread. I'll post elsewhere to catch up.

Back