The Hired Help

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like having a picture of the owner(s) or Innkeeper on the website. It doesn't even have to really say anything, I just like seeing it. It doesn't stop me from booking at your place if there's no picture, I just like it. Although if there's a long blurb about your college degrees, all the places you used to work, etc., then i don't read all that, boring!.
GeorgiaGirl said:
I like having a picture of the owner(s) or Innkeeper on the website. It doesn't even have to really say anything, I just like seeing it. It doesn't stop me from booking at your place if there's no picture, I just like it. Although if there's a long blurb about your college degrees, all the places you used to work, etc., then i don't read all that, boring!
A B&B bio should be written to be engaging and not some narcissistic drivel that serves to puff the innkeeper up. The whole point of it should be to make your B&B seem warm and welcoming.
Some of the many comments we receive are how much the guest, when reading our bio, relate to our journey to get here. I think nearly everyone who visits a B&B sometimes muses to themselves about owning one "someday."
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
I like having a picture of the owner(s) or Innkeeper on the website. It doesn't even have to really say anything, I just like seeing it. It doesn't stop me from booking at your place if there's no picture, I just like it. Although if there's a long blurb about your college degrees, all the places you used to work, etc., then i don't read all that, boring!
A B&B bio should be written to be engaging and not some narcissistic drivel that serves to puff the innkeeper up. The whole point of it should be to make your B&B seem warm and welcoming.
Some of the many comments we receive are how much the guest, when reading our bio, relate to our journey to get here. I think nearly everyone who visits a B&B sometimes muses to themselves about owning one "someday."
Well put.
The human-ness of innkeeping. That is what I want as well. Drivel sends me onto the next on the list.
Guests yesterday mentioned how difficult and headachy it was for them to book their vacation and they nearly ended up just staying in hotels. They said "No prices on the rooms, no description of where the rooms are" one lady had medical issues and preferred downstairs rooms... I looked at them like a deer in the headlights. YES! I said, I am on my soapboax about it all the time.
They said "Don't innkeepers know we are looking at dozens of websites at a time!"
Apparently not. I have done a search recently and I really did plan to stay SOMEPLACE if I could just find it.
Sorry to say after all these years..some just still don't get it!!! I could beat a few over the head...their skulls are so thick..it will never get through. And those are usually ones who are complaining about no bookings:-( And they don't even have on line availability much less reservations. Oh well.
poke.gif

Back