The Luggage.... Organic Please...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so ragged now. Last guest checked in around 4PM (there was a selfie later) and I went for a quick nap... woke at 7PM. Dinner, hospital, ice cream, bed again. Paid the neighbour kid to change an A/C that a guest complained about. Breakfast for 12 turned into 9, so I have extras in the fridge. And had to run to the CostWarehouse to get flowers for a package. Monday... kids are starting school here, things might quiet down.
Crazy weekend, people calling and begging for rooms again. Maybe 20 calls yesterday. I set the phone to answering machine... not taking calls tonight..
Things are dead here, since school started. I hope the same for you (If that's what you want).

So very sorry to hear of your Mom!
We get a lull after labour day. It's a time when older people travel and I have stairs. So, it's a little quieter. Thank as soon as Thanksgiving starts, it's busy because of the fall. Then a lull until the next country's thanksgiving.
Mom is going to be okay. Hospital, rehab, back home, from what I hear. But we have to see.
So happy to hear that Mom is going to be OK after rehab.
I'm hoping, but yesterday she had a small seizure and they moved her to ICU for the night. Have her on anti seizure medication and are hoping to move her back down today. She's in a lot of pain and black and blue from the fall.
Oh no!!!!!!!! I hope it only the one caused by the fall and nothing more will come.
It's all caused by the fall. Mom bruises easily. I was suprised that she wasn't automatically on anti-seizure meds when there was brain swelling to worry about. It's a wait and see sort of thing. But ICU was basically saying that she was sent up for monitoring and she would be going back to the regular beds this morning.
Hugs for the whole family.

The Weirdest Things Happen...
So, like almost every day, we go off to see mom. (I skipped yesterday because I really wasn't feeling well myself.) Anyway, we get there and she has flowers and a basket. We open the card and it says that it's from "Aveline & Don" and she doesn't know who they are... and well, the only Aveline & Don that I know is Aveline & Donnic from Dragon Age... beautiful flowers and basket. Wish we knew who to thank, though.

So, like almost every day, we go off to see mom. (I skipped yesterday because I really wasn't feeling well myself.) Anyway, we get there and she has flowers and a basket. We open the card and it says that it's from "Aveline & Don" and she doesn't know who they are... and well, the only Aveline & Don that I know is Aveline & Donnic from Dragon Age... beautiful flowers and basket. Wish we knew who to thank, though..
Perhaps delivered to your mom by mistake?

So, like almost every day, we go off to see mom. (I skipped yesterday because I really wasn't feeling well myself.) Anyway, we get there and she has flowers and a basket. We open the card and it says that it's from "Aveline & Don" and she doesn't know who they are... and well, the only Aveline & Don that I know is Aveline & Donnic from Dragon Age... beautiful flowers and basket. Wish we knew who to thank, though..
Perhaps delivered to your mom by mistake?
That's what we are thinking, but it doesn't say WHO it's supposed to go to. So we are up a basket and some flowers. Freebie! We tried to contact the company that delivered and they don't have a way of tracking it, either.

Back