- Apr 27, 2009
- Reaction score
hello! terrific site, really like the comraderie i have seen here while just lurking. we are coming into our peak season so are in the process of doing hiring. even though i am sure no one who will be applying for a job will ever see this list as they also haven't seen any job hunting lists on yahoo news or any where else. so this is more of a peeve than anything else. her'es my list of peeves in the employment game-
- read the businesses website before calling. we do not have a position open here for a "pillow librarian" and you would know that if you had a lick of common sense.
- do not ask for the 'GM' as this also indicates to me you have done no research at all as if you had you would know my name already and would know there is no GM on site.
- harping on the website reading is this newly received quaestion- are you open? why would you apply for a position at a place that is closed? looking at the website would show this a year round business.
- not that teens would know this but a small B&B does not have full time jobs for 'hostesses' or 'flower arrangers' or 'night time front desk'.
- if you interrupt my day to ask for an appointment to submit an application then please show up.
- 'housekeeping' does not mean 'hooker' - please dress appropriately.
- if you are newly laid off (i'm sorry this happened to you, i really am, it happened to me) plese do not think i want all of the details including how hard it is for you to be home with your children on school vacation and that is why you never sent in your application but you want to come for an interview anyway as you need work doing anything until you can find a better job.
- if you have health problems that preclude you being able to make a bed (bad back, can't bend) think carefully about what 'housekeeping' means before, again, wasting everyon'es time.
- if the job states it is from 9 AM to 2 PM why do you think i would want you to start at 3 PM after you get out of your other housekeeping job. (that person really should have known better) if the job states it goes from may to oct why tell me you are open for july and aug only?