Your Weather?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know it's really cold in Miami when the news stops talking about the iguanas falling out of the trees, and instead talks about how the price of fruits and vegetables are going to skyrocket when we lose all the crops here. During a normal cold snap, the iguanas play dead (beyond their control) because they have no body heat. Their bodies go dormant and they fall from the trees. They lay there until it wams up again, and then they crawl away.
There was one place here that just got a load of firewood and they expected it to be gone in about a half an hour. Gotta wonder...where are they burning that wood? We don't have fireplaces here. Heck, I can't remember the last time I saw a chimney on a house. I'll have to pay more attention when I go out tomorrow.
You can't find a space heater or an electric blanket in this town anymore. And there is a stronger cold front coming this weekend. Ugh......
Hey Overstock!! Express ship!!!

You know it's really cold in Miami when the news stops talking about the iguanas falling out of the trees, and instead talks about how the price of fruits and vegetables are going to skyrocket when we lose all the crops here. During a normal cold snap, the iguanas play dead (beyond their control) because they have no body heat. Their bodies go dormant and they fall from the trees. They lay there until it wams up again, and then they crawl away.
There was one place here that just got a load of firewood and they expected it to be gone in about a half an hour. Gotta wonder...where are they burning that wood? We don't have fireplaces here. Heck, I can't remember the last time I saw a chimney on a house. I'll have to pay more attention when I go out tomorrow.
You can't find a space heater or an electric blanket in this town anymore. And there is a stronger cold front coming this weekend. Ugh......
It actually got out of the 30s here today! We are only one state North of you. I was out shopping today and the stores are wiped out of space heaters here too. We may have snow tomorrow!

Current temp on California's Central Coast is an unbelievable 81 degrees! Blue skies, sunshine. It's the California dream!

It's "raining iguanas" here. The news got a little video of the iguanas falling out of the trees. http://www.accuweather.com/video-on-demand.asp?video=1805489410&title=Falling%20Iguanas
Too bad they'll wake up in a few days and crawl back up the trees. They are such a nuisance - they are everywhere and the scare the crap out of me - just look at the monsters! Shy? They are NOT..
My grandsons had one that my daughter had until it finally died. That sucker was HUGE!! She had to build a tank for it - and I think it was butt ugly!

Alright! That's it!! This is just wrong on all levels.....
What's that strange noise on the roof like I've never heard before?? SLEET!!!! No, it couldn't be...I went out to the bow with my flashlight to see what it was that was coming down with a "ping" "ping". There is sleet on my Hatt in Miami. That's just wrong!
I'm always telling my northern friends that they live on the wrong latitude. Perhaps it's time for me to consider making my latitude a little smaller. :)

Alright! That's it!! This is just wrong on all levels.....
What's that strange noise on the roof like I've never heard before?? SLEET!!!! No, it couldn't be...I went out to the bow with my flashlight to see what it was that was coming down with a "ping" "ping". There is sleet on my Hatt in Miami. That's just wrong!
I'm always telling my northern friends that they live on the wrong latitude. Perhaps it's time for me to consider making my latitude a little smaller. :).
Ouch! And here I have brilliant sunshine and highs in the 20's, but I'm expecting that at this time of year. For you, yes, it is ALL wrong!

It is unbelievably beautiful today, we have a few inches of snow on the ground that is not going anywhere soon as no thaw in sight...the sky is brilliant blue and the sun is shining. The air is just so cold and clear, it's awesome. Just took the dog for an hour walk in it, she and we had a great time.
We had all good intentions of painting/cleaning today but we are scrapping that plan in favor of jammies, pizza and football!!!!!
teeth_smile.gif

It is unbelievably beautiful today, we have a few inches of snow on the ground that is not going anywhere soon as no thaw in sight...the sky is brilliant blue and the sun is shining. The air is just so cold and clear, it's awesome. Just took the dog for an hour walk in it, she and we had a great time.
We had all good intentions of painting/cleaning today but we are scrapping that plan in favor of jammies, pizza and football!!!!!
teeth_smile.gif
OK, you just convinced me to get out of the house...

teeth_smile.gif
Back home in Northern Cal, where it's foggy and current temp around 46 degrees, we're having a day of jammies, pizza, and football, too.
No snow but after a few weeks of tropical weather on the Central Coast, it sure feels like the frozen north here!

teeth_smile.gif
OK, you just convinced me to get out of the house...
Gomez just called and it's in the belows where he is! I'm happy for 20+ ABOVE zero!

I'm looking out the window and realizing the ice is melting. Went and checked and the thermometer is registering 42.

I shudder to think of the price of OJ and fresh veggies going any higher than they already are, but the cold snap in Florida and other southern states is wreaking havoc on crops.
I may have to consider alternative juices. OJ here was already $4 per gallon.

I just came from the grocery store and OJ hasn't risen in price yet.
Oh....it's going to be 81 on Saturday!!! Yippie Skippie!!!! I think I'll go lay in the sun. :)

Bloody freezing. I'm wearing long johns, a fleece jacket and a vest. IN THE HOUSE!!! This may as well be Siberia.

I shudder to think of the price of OJ and fresh veggies going any higher than they already are, but the cold snap in Florida and other southern states is wreaking havoc on crops.
I may have to consider alternative juices. OJ here was already $4 per gallon..
I have been paying $3.50 per HALF gallon! (premium F lori da Nat ur al)

gillumhouse said:
D. said today the same juice we were paying $4 per gallon for is now $6.00 per gallon. Youch!

Awe,,,,you folks up north...they're just taking advantage of you, OJ prices here in Miami - on sale at $1.50/half gallon. That was before the big Florida freeze, and AFTER the freeze! Nothing you can do about it, but that's what it is here. FINALLY, I'm back into shorts, tee-shirts, and open windows. Thank GOD!!! 'Cuz that's all I got!!!!

gillumhouse said:
D. said today the same juice we were paying $4 per gallon for is now $6.00 per gallon. Youch!
Every so often the stuff I drink (from concentrate) is on sale for $1 half gal. The 2 big name brand PREMIUM not from concentrate OJ have been $6 a gallon "on sale" they are pushing $4 a half gallon regular price. Have not needed to buy any lately so do not know what it is now. My stuff was on sale last week.
I used to wonder if the guests could tell the difference. Then one day a group of ladies were here and I heard one say after her first sip of OJ, "It's real juice!" I have never waivered since.

Back