Quantcast

If you had just made a glorious fresh fruit salad and no one came to eat it, would you be inclined to :

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
A: Pitch the whole thing?
B: Serve it the next day?
C: Eat it yourself?
D: Combination of B and C?

muirford

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
d - depending on the fruit. Melon, citrus and blueberries hold up well overnight; kiwi and bananas not so well. Strawberries - sometimes yes, sometimes no.

wendydk

Reaction score
I agree..."D". And nowadays, I tend to use more melon, as it stores better, and is more cost effective...both in terms of cost per serving and longevity.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Depends on what's in it. But we eat a lot of leftover fruit for lunch.

SweetiePie

Reaction score
Nothing goes to waste here. Even the dog would eat it.

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
D absolutely! have a little myself today. anything that looks less than glorious tomorrow goes in that smoothie!
(though you might be tempted to pitch it)

Tim_Toad_HLB

Reaction score
Nothing goes to waste here. Even the dog would eat it..
We're getting our five servings a day ourselves and am very pleasantly surprised at how many kinds of fruit the new puppy loves.
She also LOVES the little carrots that are leftover from the afternoon snack plates.
Should have offered this question earlier but do folks make individual fruit cups or one big bowl and serve from that?
Ours are made individually and that cuts down on waste to begin with and makes for a very pretty presentation at the table.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We're getting our five servings a day ourselves and am very pleasantly surprised at how many kinds of fruit the new puppy loves.
She also LOVES the little carrots that are leftover from the afternoon snack plates.
Should have offered this question earlier but do folks make individual fruit cups or one big bowl and serve from that?
Ours are made individually and that cuts down on waste to begin with and makes for a very pretty presentation at the table.
Single servings.

wendydk

Reaction score
Hmmm, anything that would make a good french toast tomorrow??

NW BB

Reaction score
D. Make a smoothie, whatever we can't re-serve or eat ourselves goes in the compost.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do a compote because it is less waste. i do not make it a huge one - have small size for 2-people and a larger one for 4 or more.
It is less wate because if individual, I do not know if they touched it so anything in there goes to the composter. If in the compote, DH can eat what is left or I can make us smoothies. No waste.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
All food is plated in the kitchen out of guest sight. Fruit salad, in this case would be presented in small, colorful, japanese style bowls and garnished with a fresh mint sprig from the garden and served individually.

Latest posts