Travels with Tessie Start 5/12

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cape Breton Island tomorrow. Saw the world's biggest lobster today..
Wow! How big was it? Did you get a picture?
Duff2014 said:
Wow! How big was it? Did you get a picture?
So big it scared Marcello. He wouldn't get out of the car. Herk had to stay with him to calm him down.
Poor Marcello.... he has already been almost swallowed whole by a lion ! Now a monster lobster ?
I will soon have Marcello's (and his friend Herk) official facebook page... So keep sending in pictures !
Now, I have an interesting idea, and I want to run it by everyone: We always say that one of the big selling point of B&B are the wonderful breakfast, and since Marcello is now on a tour of B&B, maybe he will gain weight !! He is such a scrawny little fellow.... so if one of the innkeeper is also a good seamstress, maybe someone could stuff him a little bit, and fix him up... What do you think ? I would obviously have to get the authorization from the owner
Specific said:
Poor Marcello.... he has already been almost swallowed whole by a lion ! Now a monster lobster ?
Two lions… The first lion was in the shadows so the photo didn't come out too well….

Innkeep has posted lots of new stories and photos since I last checked the blog. Eastern Canada looks wonderful!

Innkeep has posted lots of new stories and photos since I last checked the blog. Eastern Canada looks wonderful!.
Arks said:
Innkeep has posted lots of new stories and photos since I last checked the blog. Eastern Canada looks wonderful!
I don't know how she does it, but she sure is doin' it!
Thank you Innkeep for taking us along for the ride.
thumbs_up.gif

Tried to leave comment but couldn't remember the password. Love reading about the travels.

Any icebergs yet? Have you arrived safe and sound at 2CatLady?

A fine animal. Glad she's there now. I'll bet those public bathrooms are chilly in the Canadian winters.

We have an update from Innkeep!
Apparently they don't have Tesla chargers in Canada so she got the next best thing..
JBloggs said:
Apparently they don't have Tesla chargers in Canada so she got the next best thing.
I don't know how you have time to come up with all that stuff.
As to the blogging, I'm contending with an iPhone that refuses to talk to my computer so I have to email all the pictures to myself and then download each one to get them where I can then re-upload them for the blog. All on a series of incredibly slow wifis (which I am grateful for). I know there must be some sort of work-around for this problem, but I'm on vacation and am trying to keep thinking to the minimum.
Duff - Newfoundland has to be at least as big as Texas, or maybe Alaska,or maybe Australia. Anyway I just set foot on the Rock a couple of hours ago and the Cat Lady lives clear around on the other side. I'll get there in about 10 days or so.

Apparently they don't have Tesla chargers in Canada so she got the next best thing..
JBloggs said:
Apparently they don't have Tesla chargers in Canada so she got the next best thing.
As to the blogging, I'm contending with an iPhone that refuses to talk to my computer so I have to email all the pictures to myself and then download each one to get them where I can then re-upload them for the blog. All on a series of incredibly slow wifis (which I am grateful for). I know there must be some sort of work-around for this problem, but I'm on vacation and am trying to keep thinking to the minimum.
Duff - Newfoundland has to be at least as big as Texas, or maybe Alaska,or maybe Australia. Anyway I just set foot on the Rock a couple of hours ago and the Cat Lady lives clear around on the other side. I'll get there in about 10 days or so.
Innkeep said:
Hmmm. I see Innkeep discovered they have wine in Canada ;-)

JBloggs said:
Newfoundland and Labrador are 373,872 km2 and actually quite a small province. Quebec is 1,542,056 km2
Texas is 696,241 km2 which makes it 1.86x the size of NL and just .45 of the size of QC

JBloggs said:
Innkeep said:
Arks said:
Innkeep said:
Mm hm...
angel_smile.gif

Australia
2,969,907 sq mi
Newfoundland
42,031 sq mi
We get the point though. :)

JBloggs said:
Innkeep said:
Arks said:
Innkeep said:
Mm hm...
angel_smile.gif

Australia
2,969,907 sq mi
Newfoundland
42,031 sq mi
You guys are too funny!
This is definitely THE Rock. And while there aren't too many grapes grown here, most of the wines are made with native berries--blueberry, partridge berry, raspberry, currant, bake apple, cranberry. Oh, and we make iceberg vodka, and brew a beer here called, ahem, Iceberg Beer. Nothing like drinking something that took 10,000 years for the ingredients.
And while Innkeep makes her way over, I've been starving myself so that we can pig out next weekend. 'Nuff said!

JBloggs said:
Innkeep said:
Arks said:
Innkeep said:
Mm hm...
angel_smile.gif

Australia
2,969,907 sq mi
Newfoundland
42,031 sq mi
You guys are too funny!
This is definitely THE Rock. And while there aren't too many grapes grown here, most of the wines are made with native berries--blueberry, partridge berry, raspberry, currant, bake apple, cranberry. Oh, and we make iceberg vodka, and brew a beer here called, ahem, Iceberg Beer. Nothing like drinking something that took 10,000 years for the ingredients.
And while Innkeep makes her way over, I've been starving myself so that we can pig out next weekend. 'Nuff said!
2cat_lady said:
You guys are too funny!
I heard all about your iceberg alcohol from my mom, she was impressed! Iceland boasts no hangover on theirs. We are excited for you to meet innkeep, and for innkeep to meet you. Y'all are going to have a blast!

JBloggs said:
Innkeep said:
Arks said:
Innkeep said:
Mm hm...
angel_smile.gif

Australia
2,969,907 sq mi
Newfoundland
42,031 sq mi
You guys are too funny!
Nothing to screech about :)
Are you going to screech-in Innkeep?

JBloggs said:
Innkeep said:
Arks said:
Innkeep said:
Mm hm...
angel_smile.gif

Australia
2,969,907 sq mi
Newfoundland
42,031 sq mi
You guys are too funny!
2cat_lady said:
...I've been starving myself so that we can pig out next weekend. 'Nuff said!
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

JBloggs said:
Innkeep said:
Arks said:
Innkeep said:
Mm hm...
angel_smile.gif

Australia
2,969,907 sq mi
Newfoundland
42,031 sq mi
You guys are too funny!
I'm not native so I don't think I can. And besides, I still don't know what the heck it is that you recite during the ceremony! It's Newfounese.
I shall enquire in the area
wink_smile.gif

JBloggs said:
Innkeep said:
Arks said:
Innkeep said:
Mm hm...
angel_smile.gif

Australia
2,969,907 sq mi
Newfoundland
42,031 sq mi
You guys are too funny!
I'm not native so I don't think I can. And besides, I still don't know what the heck it is that you recite during the ceremony! It's Newfounese.
I shall enquire in the area
wink_smile.gif

Long may your big jib draw!
But you can always go out to George Street to have it done. And remember that big piece of Newfoundland Steak to go with it ;)

After 24 hours on the island I kissed the cod and promised to return often and stay a fortnight. No fish were harmed in this ceremony.

Back