Travels with Tessie Start 5/12

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have an update from Innkeep!
Apparently they don't have Tesla chargers in Canada so she got the next best thing..
JBloggs said:
We have an update from Innkeep!
Apparently they don't have Tesla chargers in Canada so she got the next best thing.
I don't know how you have time to come up with all that stuff.
As to the blogging, I'm contending with an iPhone that refuses to talk to my computer so I have to email all the pictures to myself and then download each one to get them where I can then re-upload them for the blog. All on a series of incredibly slow wifis (which I am grateful for). I know there must be some sort of work-around for this problem, but I'm on vacation and am trying to keep thinking to the minimum.
Duff - Newfoundland has to be at least as big as Texas, or maybe Alaska,or maybe Australia. Anyway I just set foot on the Rock a couple of hours ago and the Cat Lady lives clear around on the other side. I'll get there in about 10 days or so.
Wait a minute! The rock is in plymouth mass where the pilgrims step on as they came ashore!!!!!
wink_smile.gif
Glad to hear you are at your destination island!

I just got an email from the B&B clear across the island warning me that I only have 3 days to make it all the way across.
The weather has been colder than I anticipated. Still in the 30's overnight. Cold weather really does a number on the car's range. On these slow chargers I spend more time charging than driving.
So far everyone I've met where the chargers are located have been really nice.
By the way at one very nice restaurant crispy cod tongues was on the menu but when I ordered them the waitress said they were out.

I just got an email from the B&B clear across the island warning me that I only have 3 days to make it all the way across.
The weather has been colder than I anticipated. Still in the 30's overnight. Cold weather really does a number on the car's range. On these slow chargers I spend more time charging than driving.
By the way at one very nice restaurant crispy cod tongues was on the menu but when I ordered them the waitress said they were out..
Ahhhh - reminiscent of cheesecake in a certain Arkansas town. Thanks for the memory of that most pleasant evening.

We do have late late check in if you need it, lol. Don't you worry. I'll be DD for Friday and Saturday night while Tessie charges as she sleeps. It was beautiful today--22C on the back deck this morning but it's calling for rain Wednesday. Thursday and Friday look bright but cooler. We might need to start a fire in the stove, did that for a couple of days ago, but no one complained.
Everyone is just so happy if the sun comes out, we just might get seriously giddy!!

By the way at one very nice restaurant crispy cod tongues was on the menu but when I ordered them the waitress said they were out..
Time is ticking away…. Still enjoy the ride and scenery!

This has been such a wonderful vacation. If it hadn't been for that iceberg photo last spring I never would have gotten the idea to do the trip.
Today started in Gander with the aviation museum. Everything from Amelia Earhart to WWII to Fidel Castro seeing snow for the first time to 9/11 when all of the sudden the air traffic controllers had to land 38 flights in a big hurry. And then the town took care of all those passengers. I actually got a little teary watching the video about that time.
By the end of the day I have been cruising among the icebergs in Twillingate. They literally float by just like they're on parade.
Tessie is charging overnight at an RV park. I was astonished to meet two of my fellow iceberg watchers who were parked in their RV next to Tessie's space.
I have waay too much stuff swimming around in my head to blog much tonight. Perhaps tomorrow because the forecast is still for rain. The countdown to Thursday is starting...

This has been such a wonderful vacation. If it hadn't been for that iceberg photo last spring I never would have gotten the idea to do the trip.
Today started in Gander with the aviation museum. Everything from Amelia Earhart to WWII to Fidel Castro seeing snow for the first time to 9/11 when all of the sudden the air traffic controllers had to land 38 flights in a big hurry. And then the town took care of all those passengers. I actually got a little teary watching the video about that time.
By the end of the day I have been cruising among the icebergs in Twillingate. They literally float by just like they're on parade.
Tessie is charging overnight at an RV park. I was astonished to meet two of my fellow iceberg watchers who were parked in their RV next to Tessie's space.
I have waay too much stuff swimming around in my head to blog much tonight. Perhaps tomorrow because the forecast is still for rain. The countdown to Thursday is starting...
I think that iceberg parade is a monumental draw that 2 cats should be marketing the hell out of.
It's on my list that's for sure.

Glad you saw the icebergs! Please have some pictures in the blog. What did Marc and Herc think of the bergs?

Closest bergs to me right now is St. John's, Bay Bulls and Grates Cove. They're all about an hour's drive from me. I'll get close and personal a little later in the season when they all start their southeast drift. Hopefully I'll get another couple stuck behind the house again.
I've formed a friendship with a couple who run a restaurant and a couple of vacation cottages up in Grates Cove. He's native Newfoundlander and she's from Louisiana. Sent some guests up their way and they came back with some yummy crab dish she was serving up to thank me for sending people her way. They're so sweet, I just want to spread the word. Since being part of this forum, I feel the need to try and help others in the hospitality industry that 'get it'. Trying to start my own network!

Closest bergs to me right now is St. John's, Bay Bulls and Grates Cove. They're all about an hour's drive from me. I'll get close and personal a little later in the season when they all start their southeast drift. Hopefully I'll get another couple stuck behind the house again.
I've formed a friendship with a couple who run a restaurant and a couple of vacation cottages up in Grates Cove. He's native Newfoundlander and she's from Louisiana. Sent some guests up their way and they came back with some yummy crab dish she was serving up to thank me for sending people her way. They're so sweet, I just want to spread the word. Since being part of this forum, I feel the need to try and help others in the hospitality industry that 'get it'. Trying to start my own network!.
2cat_lady said:
I've formed a friendship with a couple who run a restaurant and a couple of vacation cottages up in Grates Cove. He's native Newfoundlander and she's from Louisiana. Sent some guests up their way and they came back with some yummy crab dish she was serving up to thank me for sending people her way. They're so sweet, I just want to spread the word. Since being part of this forum, I feel the need to try and help others in the hospitality industry that 'get it'. Trying to start my own network!
Now that's what it's all about.

Ahhhh, but have you had your 'cheeks and tongues' yet?.
I yanked and cut cod in the Gulf of Maine back when they were plentiful; tongues and cheeks were the treat at the end of the day that made it seem almost worth the work.

The eagle has landed. I have met the 2 cats and a bottle of Indiana wine has been consumed.
Tessie, Herk and Marc now have a new traveling companion named Jessie the puffin. Pictures will follow (eventually).

Double post so I get to say how beautiful 2_cat lady's b&b is. 360 degrees of views, mostly of water. I'm already missing it even though I don't have to leave for a couple of days.

I concur! Met the Innkeep and I love her. We are going to have so much fun this weekend. This is just what I need to the start of a busy time.
DH loves Tessie!

Back