Tesla Destination Charging

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warning or Information: Just so you know in advance that the posts they offer are large - for me, too large to use.
I called UPS this morning to pick them up to ship them back. The boxes (2) are Height = 51.5 inches, Width = 14.5 inches, depth = 13.5 inches, weight = 57 lbs. Pick-up cost is $7.05. Total to ship is $186.76 for a grand total of $193.81.
So be aware in advance - and I think the electrician said it would have to have a square hole 18 inches deep for the concrete to hold them in place (it would have been a 2-day job if we had not put them on the house) and they would have to have been put in my yard because they would not fit in the space next to the house.
Just something I wish I had known in advance so I am advising everyone else from my learning experience.
Edit: I thought I HAD to send them back. My wallet urged me to make a phone call so I called Ben. Told him the how much and asked if I had to return them or could I just chuck them. He was dismayed at the price . Said he will check and get back to me by end of day. I cancelled the pick-up. I need them off my porch by Friday - I have an elopement coming.
Update on the Edit: Ben called to tell me they found another place that needs the posts so he is e-mailing shipping labels tomorrow and I am to arrange pick-up. Woohoo. I apologized for being such a pain but he was nice and said I wasn't.

Warning or Information: Just so you know in advance that the posts they offer are large - for me, too large to use.
I called UPS this morning to pick them up to ship them back. The boxes (2) are Height = 51.5 inches, Width = 14.5 inches, depth = 13.5 inches, weight = 57 lbs. Pick-up cost is $7.05. Total to ship is $186.76 for a grand total of $193.81.
So be aware in advance - and I think the electrician said it would have to have a square hole 18 inches deep for the concrete to hold them in place (it would have been a 2-day job if we had not put them on the house) and they would have to have been put in my yard because they would not fit in the space next to the house.
Just something I wish I had known in advance so I am advising everyone else from my learning experience.
Edit: I thought I HAD to send them back. My wallet urged me to make a phone call so I called Ben. Told him the how much and asked if I had to return them or could I just chuck them. He was dismayed at the price . Said he will check and get back to me by end of day. I cancelled the pick-up. I need them off my porch by Friday - I have an elopement coming.
Update on the Edit: Ben called to tell me they found another place that needs the posts so he is e-mailing shipping labels tomorrow and I am to arrange pick-up. Woohoo. I apologized for being such a pain but he was nice and said I wasn't..
gillumhouse said:
I cancelled the pick-up...he is e-mailing shipping labels tomorrow and I am to arrange pick-up. Woohoo.
So glad you got this done!! I wish I had said something days ago when you started talking about sending those heavy posts back.

I see that one of the 3 destination chargers in my state is a liquor store. That's quite a destination!.
I see that one of the 3 destination chargers in my state is a liquor store. That's quite a destination!
Charge the car and charge the driver - one stop shop, as long as the PO-LEECE are not on the next corner.

I see that one of the 3 destination chargers in my state is a liquor store. That's quite a destination!.
I see that one of the 3 destination chargers in my state is a liquor store. That's quite a destination!
Charge the car and charge the driver - one stop shop, as long as the PO-LEECE are not on the next corner.
WHere exactly is this map on line. I tried to find it and could not.

Here - I pulled up my posting for you. Just enter he State or destination. I have discovered several others in West Virginia now.

Here - I pulled up my posting for you. Just enter he State or destination. I have discovered several others in West Virginia now.
gillumhouse said:
You'll notice a huge 400 mile diameter circle of emptiness where I live. I hope to get that remedied soon, if my electrician can ever get around to it! I'd do it myself if it wasn't at the business. That has to be done by somebody with a license, for some reason ;-)

Curious - is a designated space needed for the charging?
After all, you don't want someone trying to charge, but 1+ people parked right next to the charging station.
And you don't want the line stretched across a place people walk.
On the other hand, you do not want to lose a space for an occasional charge if you have a small lot.
Perhaps marking the nearest space "Owner's Priority Space"?

After all, you don't want someone trying to charge, but 1+ people parked right next to the charging station.
On the other hand, you do not want to lose a space for an occasional charge if you have a small lot.
Perhaps marking the nearest space "Owner's Priority Space"?.
If you look on the map, most people say "For guests only or patrons only."
"

Perhaps marking the nearest space "Owner's Priority Space"?.
If you look on the map, most people say "For guests only or patrons only."
"
True. The intent of the question was whether it makes sense to designate a spot. If someone parks there, is it pretty inconvenient if someone has to charge their vehicle further away from the charging station.,

Update on the Edit: Ben called to tell me they found another place that needs the posts so he is e-mailing shipping labels tomorrow and I am to arrange pick-up. Woohoo. I apologized for being such a pain but he was nice and said I wasn't..
Pre-paid Shipping labels received today. Called Fed-Ex and they pick them up tomorrow. They are going to Florida. Now to go find some heavy duty tape to wrap the opened box with. Gorilla rape - that thing is NOT going to come open.
Update: I am jumping for joy - I can see across my porch for the first time in a month. The posts are on their way to Florida. WOOHOO!!! And before tonight's inncoming arrived.

Pre-paid Shipping labels received today. Called Fed-Ex and they pick them up tomorrow. They are going to Florida. Now to go find some heavy duty tape to wrap the opened box with. Gorilla rape - that thing is NOT going to come open.
Update: I am jumping for joy - I can see across my porch for the first time in a month. The posts are on their way to Florida. WOOHOO!!! And before tonight's inncoming arrived.
gillumhouse said:
And you still have $193.81 in your pocket!

gillumhouse said:
Yes, Thanks to you.

gillumhouse said:
Yes, Thanks to you.
gillumhouse said:
Yes, Thanks to you.
We all help each other!

We have an electrician coming out to give us the estimate / quote. I wonder: since Tesla is reimbursing up to two Tesla chargers (plus the universal) should we go ahead and get two of the high-powered ones?
Or, does it depend on the power that's available at the location? Curious how many chargers (those who have them) have installed?.
Redbirds said:
We have an electrician coming out to give us the estimate / quote. I wonder: since Tesla is reimbursing up to two Tesla chargers (plus the universal) should we go ahead and get two of the high-powered ones?
Or, does it depend on the power that's available at the location? Curious how many chargers (those who have them) have installed?
Have you filled out the form on the Tesla website (referenced in some of the early posts)? I believe they will help you decide how many chargers are appropriate both for the number of guests you can accommodate, and your present breaker boxes. Glad you're looking into it.
Yes - we've been communicating back and forth with Ben.
We think we will stick with one charger. Based on the map, we would be the only charging station halfway between two major metropolitan areas, 4 miles off an interstate.
Still waiting on our electrician for an estimate to send in.

Or, does it depend on the power that's available at the location? Curious how many chargers (those who have them) have installed?.
Redbirds said:
Or, does it depend on the power that's available at the location? Curious how many chargers (those who have them) have installed?
Have you filled out the form on the Tesla website (referenced in some of the early posts)? I believe they will help you decide how many chargers are appropriate both for the number of guests you can accommodate, and your present breaker boxes. Glad you're looking into it.
We think we will stick with one charger. Based on the map, we would be the only charging station halfway between two major metropolitan areas, 4 miles off an interstate.
I got 2 because the second one is for all the other electric cars - Volt, Leaf, Prius..... This way I am ready for them, no matter what kind if car. And I found the 110 is enough for the electric motorcycles - got that covered also.

Redbirds said:
I got 2 because the second one is for all the other electric cars - Volt, Leaf, Prius..... This way I am ready for them, no matter what kind if car. And I found the 110 is enough for the electric motorcycles - got that covered also.
gillumhouse said:
I got 2 because the second one is for all the other electric cars - Volt, Leaf, Prius.....
And of course Tesla can use the other one too. So you could have 2 Teslas at the same time some day!

Redbirds said:
gillumhouse said:
I got 2 because the second one is for all the other electric cars - Volt, Leaf, Prius.....
And of course Tesla can use the other one too. So you could have 2 Teslas at the same time some day!
That would be loverly - you and Innkeep can come and we can have a summit meeting

We have our first booking, and are not on the directory yet.
"If you build it they will come" is bulldust, you have to tell them you are there... share it on all social media and add it to your website. Look forward to having any of you TESLA heads come and stay with us. By the way, what do you call yourselves, certainly not TESLA heads? I just made that up.
shades_smile.gif

We have our first booking, and are not on the directory yet.
"If you build it they will come" is bulldust, you have to tell them you are there... share it on all social media and add it to your website. Look forward to having any of you TESLA heads come and stay with us. By the way, what do you call yourselves, certainly not TESLA heads? I just made that up.
shades_smile.gif
Nicolas? Teslians? Elonians? Muskers!

Back